Why people dislike The Vertex so much ?

"
Boem wrote:
Vertex is extremely powerful for hybrid builds.

Ohh yes it is!

"
But hybrid builds in general are a pain to create and optimize, mostly because the game offers no benefits to doing so.

My friend says hello:

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 22, 2016, 5:27:37 PM
^how is that a benefit to hybrid builds and not just to any armor/block build exactly?....

There are no keystones that are tailored around hybrids, no unique's to speak of, no in-game mechanics that benefit it if you break it all down.

It's quirky at best.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^how is that a benefit to hybrid builds and not just to any armor/block build exactly?....

Well my char was a pure life/ar blocker (a long time ago) then I bought this shield and dropped some life for some ES (the char became a hybrid) and the benefit was HUGE!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Well my char was a pure life/ar blocker (a long time ago) then I bought this shield and dropped some life for some ES (the char became a hybrid) and the benefit was HUGE!

That's exactly it, with Aegis you go for 'some ES', usually a bit more than your blocking can comfortably restore, there isn't much incentive to push for big Life and ES pools so I wouldn't call it a real hybrid. It's a life build with a quirk.

I suppose Corrupted Energy is one of the very few items in the game that incentivize hybrid ES but it can be tricky to use, it's limited to physical and you're still left with the big question 'how am I supposed to efficiently restore both pools at once'. Sure, there are ways, but the build already has quite a few moving parts so at some point you start asking yourself do you absolutely need all that hassle.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 22, 2016, 7:05:16 PM
"
raics wrote:
That's exactly it, with Aegis you go for 'some ES', usually a bit more than your blocking can comfortably restore, there isn't much incentive to push for big Life and ES pools so I wouldn't call it a real hybrid. It's a life build with a quirk.

Ok, if aegis builds do not count as real hybrid builds I have said nothing! ^^

Ah, you know, that's just me and I'm kind of a purist when certain things are concerned so don't put too much stoke in it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Boem wrote:
There are no keystones that are tailored around hybrids, no unique's to speak of, no in-game mechanics that benefit it if you break it all down.

Eldrich Battery is obviously tailored around life/es hybrid.
Hierophant is kind of based around life/ES hybrid too.
Also the Corrupted Energy Jewel is a life/ES hybrid unique. Pity it sucks so bad.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I enchant Vertex on ueber laby, with the right hit it is worth 1-2 ex, as for an unique its sad, I mean no res. Day 2-5 maybe, u will want to cap ur resis for the helmet to get slots for anything else
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
hybrid really only works when you have no other options.

hybrid armor on the other hand i dont think has ever been good... with the exception of may be armor eva build pieces converted to iron-reflexes

I disagree with this. Iron Reflexes is the only reason to go hybrid armour eva? dont think it has ever been good? Well its been better than pure armour or pure evasion for about, i dunno, 3 years now.

Vertex is an amazing hat. I have 14 chars equipped on standard, 3 of them use vertexes, I own these hubris hats...

if vertex was useless I dont think Id be using it over these circlets on 3 different chars. I feel like people saying its useless or only good as leveling/transition really dont know what theyre talking about.

This thread is so full of points I completely disagree with that I worry about you lot tbh.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

GZ on this beauty, I'm more than just a little jealous tbh!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info