Why people dislike The Vertex so much ?

the vertex is a solid item on it's own, but it's neither the sort of OP build-hinging item that others are, nor is it as good (by a long shot) as the other drops from uber atziri. they drop very commonly as well, largely making them a "junk" item for people trying to get acuity/disfavour/etc, and as noted earlier in the thread, there ends up being a large supply from players farming for those good drops.

personally i love there being a good affordable endgame helm to tide you over till you get the sick build-enabling one you're looking for--or just keeping it, since it's spectacular on tricksters.
I never could understand why they didn't update the item after the changes to reduced mana. It's from uber atziri, even if it's the most common item from her, it should still be a lot stronger than it currently is. Do an 85% modifier or something so it applies to auras/curses or something.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
It a useless unique. No resists

It has T2 chaos resist.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Namcap wrote:
I never could understand why they didn't update the item after the changes to reduced mana.

That had nothing to do with the change to the Reduced Mana Support though? When first introduced, the Vertex applied Reduced Mana Cost to Reservations. This bug was quickly fixed - it was never intended to apply to Reservation values.
There was a time where Vertex applied to Auras as well.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
I never could understand why they didn't update the item after the changes to reduced mana.

That had nothing to do with the change to the Reduced Mana Support though? When first introduced, the Vertex applied Reduced Mana Cost to Reservations. This bug was quickly fixed - it was never intended to apply to Reservation values.

Didn't know it was fixed and never intended. I do remember seeing people getting really low cost auras when it come out. Thought it was on purpose like reduced mana gem before the changes. Especially when they did add items with reduced reservation (like heretic's veil) afterwards.
"
Hilbert wrote:

That just made it from "good + niche use" to "OP + BiS". . .

It was ludicrous '-.-

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Hilbert wrote:

yeah that is literally what i just said
I mean Atziri's Promise might rain like crazy from regular Atziri but but it's still one of the most useful uniques to have since it gives huge dps boost along with suvivability from leech and resist boost. The Vertex needs an update to make it worth the trouble of getting one i.e. fighting Uber Atziri.

The Vertex is essentially "transitional/leveling gear".
Last edited by Megatyrant on Aug 22, 2016, 5:12:52 PM
Compared to pre-nerf vertex ITS UBER SHIT
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info