Essence Metamod Crafting

I think this is a good decision and will be overall beneficial to the essence league. Bring on Atlas Of Worlds! Very hyped!
I don't post much, and while I agree it's best not to allow such an easy path...

Maybe you need to either extend temp leagues to 5-6 months instead or three or take a small break from doing them because you're tripping up too much lately. You announce stuff only to back out of it, and you go and launch stuff purposely to carrot people to play the league and then announce it's getting properly tuned.

I've followed you since you were so small and so little coverage you only heard of you where now you get in trouble for making mention. You're good peeps, I think. Love your work.

But you have competition coming and I don't mean D4. If you can't develop honestly and confidently, and come to your paying and non paying customers alike with stuff they can count on, then there is severe directional issues.

I prefer standard league, so this time it's beneficial to me since I don't have to go to essence league, but the entire premise of this new league is bullcrap and you all know it.
Was pretty unsure if i would play essence leagues but this post clearly made my mind. No fucking way...
Thank god. It's be eternal orb ruination all over again.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Awesome communication. I've complained in the past about you guys not communicating basic mechanic questions, not so this time. These are the kinds of things that users shouldn't have to spend currency to figure out. If someone asks a specific question, it should be answered. Otherwise it only benefits the rich that can test it. Thanks for being upfront, honest, and clear. I really appreciate it!
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by LORRAINE666 on May 26, 2018, 3:42:43 PM
"
Darkmixxer wrote:
You could always lock items that have been crafted by an essence?!
If it is so easy to create mirror worthy gear with it, make it not trade able?! It should be no problem to have essence crafted items bound to your account, it would "force" ppl to craft themselves with the essences instead of not using the feature and just selling essences and buy gear. Ever since the removal of the Eternal Orb i felt that there is something missing in PoE and that my Nr.1 Goal in PoE that i had ever since i started playing (creating a mirror worthy rare) isn't ever going to happen.

Everyone who played D2 knows the strive for getting that BIS max rolled Item.
I think that PoE got a lot more casual over time, which isn't necessarily a bad thin in my book!
A lot of aspects of the game that were reserved for top players and/or just to expensive for most player finally starts to be part of the game for more players. I really like that!
Even if it means taking another big s*** on trading. :/

No mater what you guys will decide in the end, i cant wait to craft my items myself and possibly loose a ton of currency through doing so. D:

Thanks for the detailed post!

Everything in Path of Exile that could be itemized has been. And everything is tradeable too and is a big part of the fun in it. Might be a reason why a lot of people play leagues to enjoy a fresh economy. Making too powerful items relatively too easily would ruin the economy account bound or not and the longevity of the game.

Anyway a lot of people claim they made diablo 3 better by removing trade, removing story so the game can be ''completed'' in a 1 day or 2.

Good decision with Essences and still enjoy Path of Exile style since open Beta.
Great change. Mathematically speaking, having just one guaranteed mod of high value VASTLY increases the chance of getting a great rare if not a GG rare. You are about 100x more likely to get what you want out of a chest armor using an t2 / t1 / t0 essence compared to chaos spamming or finding a drop. Having multiple guaranteed t1 mods would have been simply ridiculous.
"
Rysidion wrote:
Great change. Mathematically speaking, having just one guaranteed mod of high value VASTLY increases the chance of getting a great rare if not a GG rare. You are about 100x more likely to get what you want out of a chest armor using an t2 / t1 / t0 essence compared to chaos spamming or finding a drop. Having multiple guaranteed t1 mods would have been simply ridiculous.

You dont consider the cost. If the essence costs 20x as much as a chaos you have to compare it with 20x chaos and not 1x chaos.
Also: The actual chance ratio is nowhere near 1:100 for T1 essence. See: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Body+Armour&an=int_armour
Wild guess: It is more like 1:22. But I dont know the chaos algorithm so I cannot math it.
Only big advantage is that the best essences give better mods than chaos.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Rysidion wrote:

You dont consider the cost. If the essence costs 20x as much as a chaos you have to compare it with 20x chaos and not 1x chaos.
Also: The actual chance ratio is nowhere near 1:100 for T1 essence. See: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Body+Armour&an=int_armour
Wild guess: It is more like 1:22. But I dont know the chaos algorithm so I cannot math it.
Only big advantage is that the best essences give better mods than chaos.

The advantage is actually having the guaranteed mod. The rest is negligible. The guaranteed mod makes crafting far more deterministic, and wastes significantly less because of it -- I can spend over 200 alterations on an item and never see the prefix I want even once, it's only slightly better on chaos because you can get up to 3 prefixes from one orb. This makes it intrinsically several orders stronger than a chaos orb -- even if the chaos orb has access to the same tiers of mods.

What would the price of the essence be though is worthy of questioning. We currently expect 1 essence to drop per map, and it will be up to a T5/T7 essence drop. You can upgrade the essences by vendoring them 3 at a time, so a full stack of 9 T5s will get you 1 T7. Assuming in higher level maps that T4/T5s are common tiers, you should theoretically be able to make 1 T7 a day if you play for a few hours, assuming you get the same essence base. So someone that puts a lot of time in, will probably get many of these essences, perhaps even close to as many as chaos orbs (clear speed meta and such). At this rate, I would probably say your essences will drop in the same rate on average as your pure chaos orbs.

Which would mean your valuation of essences would be a T5 for 1 chaos, a T6 for 3 chaos, and a T7 for 9 chaos. This might be an order of magnitude wrong or two depending on what level of essences are easily farmable. Perhaps you'll see mostly T3s or T4s, which will add orders of magnitude to the essence cost, mostly T4s = 27 chaos for a T7, mostly T3s = 81 chaos for a T7.

So at these prices are the essences worth it? At 9 chaos, I think the T7s are extremely cheap because of the guaranteed mod. A little more risky at 27 but still relatively strong options. It'll be at 81 chaos orbs where I'd start questioning whether or not essences were worth trading for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info