Essence Metamod Crafting

im still confused as to - essence ignore master mods.

So you can force craft using the cannot roll mod? or you cant? im so confused
Good decision
"
im still confused as to - essence ignore master mods.

So you can force craft using the cannot roll mod? or you cant? im so confused

You cannot use master mods to apply multiple Essences to the same item. And you cannot use master crafting to merely add an essence to an item while keeping it's old affixes. The essence rerolls everything more or less, with or without the meta mods.

You could use an essence on an item to reroll ALL the affixes, and AFTER that point, use master crafting to meta crafting the remaining mods. For example, use a prefix essence on a rare weapon. I like the other prefixes that rolled, but the suffixes are crap and there's an open suffix. You could add "prefixes cannot be changed" and scour/exalt or chaos orb the suffixes while not changing the prefixes (including the essence mod). But you CAN'T use that method to then apply an essence suffix since it'll override the meta mod and reroll the whole item, prefixes and suffixes.
Last edited by Uruloki on Aug 22, 2016, 12:42:44 AM
So, what is that means? GGG explain in your first post more detailed please!

Need explanation.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
"
Gottron wrote:

Need explanation.

They should visually explain this as imo it would make it much clearer.
"
Gottron wrote:

Need explanation.

When you use an essence on an item with a mastermod, the mastermod will be ignored. That's basically it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Aug 22, 2016, 1:34:17 AM
Are you guys going to explain in game, or release a document explaining how essences work exactly? Reading this, most of it is going over my head since I haven't really been keeping up with updates.
i like this change makes the game playable longer.
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Have it so that you can't apply an Essence to an item that already has an Essence mod on it. This is a pain to implement (as the Essence mods are just regular mods on items) and also undermines a lot of usability with the Chaos-like functionality of top Essences.[/li]

That would have been a good solution - except for the power creep. Considering the expected cost of "top Essences" having to use a scour or chaos before using said "top Essence" really doesnt matter significantly IMO.

I dont like the pure randomness of the chaos/essence spamming system. This would have allowed some actual "crafting". Furthermore it would not have invalidated non-essence rares. If the intention was to "make rares better" then the essence system did not accomplish that. Quite the opposite. Rares (without Essences) are actually made comparatively worse. Or rephrased: You make a new type of item "essence rares" which is strictly better than the old type of item "rares". One consequence will be that anything rare which drops from monsters or boxes will have comparatively less value. I really do not understand such "solutions" at all - they just make the problem worse.
If (for example) they would work more like Exalts instead of like Chaos then Essences would help make rares better. Instead of replacing them with a stronger non-droppable type of rare.

"
Good to know how they work regarding meta mods. This might be the first time I get my masters to lvl 8. Im still happy with the decision.

Not sure if you understood the post? Chris clearly meant that the essence will overwrite everything on the item.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Really looked forward to try craft ar least one OP item :(

At least price of EX and Chaos will probably not colapse now :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info