Essence Metamod Crafting

Essentially, for people like me, who generally avoid crafting beyond using masters to add the odd missing needed affix to decent items, this change is a big "go get shafted" moment. I was quite excited by the idea of finally not needing 1000+ chaos in wealth or insane RNG to craft a decent-good item, thanks to essences. I was ready to finally push for level 8 masters and invest Exalts in an item, beyond just BUYING it from someone. Now, there is literally zero reason to. Thanks (sarcasm), you killed all my hope for this coming league. GG, GGG.

Edit: Removed overly large quote of Chris breaking my hopes and dreams, per request of a random person.
Last edited by Punkdog on Aug 22, 2016, 4:45:00 AM
meh, from the initial presentation i understood it as an Essence craft per item, on top of already existing mods and thought it's cool stuffs!; but then realized it rerolled mods and the cool stuffs disappeared fast.

now, i've no idea what i could do with one, if i'll ever get to (usefully)use a top one and if it's all worth it.
it all looks like ID-ing rares all over again: use the thing, appraise it, then sell it to the vendor.

i don't get what the crafting process is supposed to mean here.
Last edited by kreca73 on Aug 22, 2016, 3:24:17 AM
So the only use i can see in essences right now is :

1) Essence spamming (aka better chaos with guaranteed one mod)
2) Essence spamming and master one mod :/
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Aug 22, 2016, 3:33:52 AM
Thank god. A not insignificant amount of players had already figured this out and where fully expecting 200c+ exalted orbs for the next league together with a slew of mirror worthy rares. It would without a doubt have been a horrible case of the few that have the means and had spent time figuring out how this works getting a lot richer then the rest very quickly.
> Fun detected!
> Fun denied.

Make rares meh again.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Aug 22, 2016, 6:09:59 AM
"
im still confused as to - essence ignore master mods.

So you can force craft using the cannot roll mod? or you cant? im so confused

The way it was going to work was say you wanted to craft a weapon. You could do something like for instance hit an item with 1 T1 % phys prefix and then hit it with the essence with the Flat Phys which is actually higher than T1 Flairing... Ok from here if its got an open for Prefixes Cannont be Changed meta-mod then you craft that then Scour. You now have both T1 Phys rolls and can continue crafting from there to put even more desired mods using 2Ex for each mod. OR simply Elreon Multimod and go with it its still gonna be an incredible Phys Weapon.

This is a rough example of course there's more to it than this but it gives you an idea as to how with a few Exalts and lvl 8 masters you could easily create damn near mirror worthy items... For around 6-10 Exalted.
Exalts would have been sky high if not 200+C each this league as a result since everyone would be crafting nice stuff for themselves..

Kinda have mixed feeling about this change.. While yes this would have affected crafting in a major way it was also gonna make it so the little guy.. people who trade enough to get some exalted up in leagues but never enough to buy shit like Headhunter the chance to make something for themselves they could never afford.

Unfortunately if you were to do something like this then you have the whales who have so much disposable income in leagues they would flood the market with such items and mirror worthy items would not even be worth buying since these items are so cheap to craft and there would be so many they would be dirt cheap. Not to mention Exalts again would be so incredibly expensive it would be crazy hard for anyone to buy them as well.

Then you also have to consider these same items end up in standard leagues... People who have spent 1000s of exalts on crafting a single item can no longer charge what they do for mirror fees when people posses items just as good they crafted for 10Ex...

Only problem i have is now this makes essences back into a 1 guaranteed prop Chaos Orb which now crafting is still gonna be so RNG based there's really not much point in going for it. Sounds like the perfect time to stick around in standard and play around with all the new shit i have for builds and new disposable income ive made the past few leagues. I dont really see this league as something worth investing my time in now.. Which is fine at least i still have something to do to keep me occupied so its all good. \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
BTW GGG PLEASE post this on the front page... I had to find this on Reddit this morning and i ALWAYS check the news on the front page first. This is kinda important.. Just saying there's gonna be a ton of people who bitch they were not made aware.. And you know im right!

This is exactly what gets the Reddit gets told but not the main forums shit started.. Thank You!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 22, 2016, 4:14:05 AM
"
Punkdog wrote:
I was quite excited by the idea of finally not needing 1000+ chaos in wealth or insane RNG to craft a decent-good item, thanks to essences. I was ready to finally push for level 8 masters and invest Exalts in an item, beyond just BUYING it from someone.

First. Delete the quote of the whole frickin post. it's an eyesore.

Second, you really don't understand economies if you thought you'd be able to afford exalts if they didn't make these changes. Everyone would be doing the same meta crafting, using up all existing exalts. This would mean the demand would WAY higher than the supply, driving the price of an exalt in Chaos to astronomical levels, well past the +3 bows or +3 staves meta league rates.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
> Fun detected!
> Fun denied.

Pretty much. All the hope now rests with the new maps system. Will it fail like essences or do something useful/fun.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Uruloki wrote:
"
Punkdog wrote:
I was quite excited by the idea of finally not needing 1000+ chaos in wealth or insane RNG to craft a decent-good item, thanks to essences. I was ready to finally push for level 8 masters and invest Exalts in an item, beyond just BUYING it from someone.

First. Delete the quote of the whole frickin post. it's an eyesore.

Second, you really don't understand economies if you thought you'd be able to afford exalts if they didn't make these changes. Everyone would be doing the same meta crafting, using up all existing exalts. This would mean the demand would WAY higher than the supply, driving the price of an exalt in Chaos to astronomical levels, well past the +3 bows or +3 staves meta league rates.

Delete the quote? Sure. As for not understanding, I certainly do. Exalts aren't only gained from trading either. As I said in my post, I am someone who does NOT trade much, and as such, a ruined marketplace is of little significance to me. Greedy? Absolutely. However, I am likely to NEVER own high tier rares, as I don't have RNG raining me with luck, nor do I spend 50%+ of my time sitting in my hideout trading back and forth. The original concept of essences presented to us was literally the push someone in my position needed to even contemplate tossing away their few, lucky exalt drops towards crafting an item, let alone grinding for level 8 masters (Something I still do not have, as the crafting does not benefit me with such heavy RNG involved still). That said, GGG have made thier stance known and all we can do is go with the flow, salty as some may be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info