[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
Rufus66 wrote:
Tried to sell my second 21/20 EA gem i vaaled (:D) for some exalteds so I could buy a dying sun and switch from 5L belly to Kaoms. But a guy offered me 4 grand spectrum viridians for it which i took.
I checked the tree and I could respec into 12 jewel slots for like 720% increased dmg.
I had seen another ea build but witch doing this but i dont want to level another character.
any thoughts on this?

I don't have the currency to test it and if you got a tree planned out for it let me know maybe we can compare numbers. In SC a good number of grandspectrums costs more than dying sun, in it's the other way I think in hc. I had a tree made some time ago but I don't have it anymore and I'm not sure about the pathing to jewels.
Last edited by dingis on Oct 3, 2016, 11:01:52 AM
So i bought a Dying Sun flask today and realized that one EA setup (single target) is all you need.
4 arrows is more than enough for clear speed and the damage is insane.

Spoiler

Still gotta get +1 Ngamahu, EA ench on helmet, 2 opal rings (already wasted like 20 shriekings of anger), 9-10 grand spectrums so yeah... lot of room to improve
I know it has been asked before, but has anybody tried Veteran Bowyer? it just seems too fitting to the build, despite it messing with EE. I just want some new input.
Great build btw, having lots of fun.
"
elgranlector wrote:
I know it has been asked before, but has anybody tried Veteran Bowyer? it just seems too fitting to the build, despite it messing with EE. I just want some new input.
Great build btw, having lots of fun.

When I originally made the build in prophecy I did have it but eventually switched out of it. You're welcome to try it. It annoyed me in the situations where I wanted as much damage as possible, though it could be selective memory on my end, only remembering the bad parts. In the end with all the unique flasks that you can potentially get not needing a bleed flask is pretty helpful. plus the node before surgeon gives flask duation which helps us out more than the attack damage on the node before veteran bowyer so it edges it out for me.
Last edited by dingis on Oct 3, 2016, 7:06:48 PM
Wanted to thank for you for the guide, having a lot of fun with the character. Currently looking for a better single target option, some more life jewels, Gripped Gloves for the projectiles implicit, empower Lv4 and Lv21 20%q explosive arrow thanks!

Last edited by Gilgacash on Oct 4, 2016, 2:08:37 PM
"
Gilgacash wrote:
Wanted to thank for you for the guide, having a lot of fun with the character. Currently looking for a better single target option, some more life jewels, Gripped Gloves for the projectiles implicit, empower Lv4 and Lv21 20%q explosive arrow thanks!

Glad it's working out, but there's a couple of things looking at your gear.

1. your +3 bow has added fire damage, that makes your single target way worse since you're giving enemies fire resistance with elemental equilibrium.

2. The only reason to use a +3 bow is if you have empower and a 6link. otherwise a 6link quill rain is better. Increased burning damage is worse than empower 3/slower projectiles because those are more multipliers to your damage and slower projectiles double dips. I would suggest you change your 6link quill rain to single target and get a 5link quill rain for your gmp set up, with the flask and and everything trash doesn't need a 6link bow. The single target will end up being EA - fire pen - conc effect - chance to ignite - slower proj - empower4/less duration. You could make a case for just using the flask as your gmp set up and using 1 bow but I haven't tried so I don't know how well that works, SummerMelody suggested it.

3. Gripped gloves give projectile ATTACK damage. it doesn't scale EA's explosion. It needs to be general projectile damage.
Last edited by dingis on Oct 4, 2016, 2:45:15 PM
Thanks a lot the +3 bow was just a leftover from my SRS character it does indeed have fire dmg on it I also stopped using it long ago and just use my quill rain for single target, just replacing the increased aoe to conc.

About the gloves, I did not know this makes glove selection much easier since im way overcapped on cold resistance.

How would you think I would end up with more dps replacing slower projectiles with a Lv4 Empower or Switching over to a Lv21 Explosive Arrow?
Last edited by Gilgacash on Oct 4, 2016, 2:57:10 PM
empower 4 is more damage than slower proj, I think it's 40% for empower and 30 for slower proj. I think 21 EA is 10% more damage than level 20. I mean if you have a 6link I think yo can fit in bow empower and slower proj. If you can't, 21 EA with slower proj is around the same more multiplier as level 4 empower +20 EA. but slower proj double dips and empower does not. So if those are your 2 options level 21 EA and slower proj is better.
Thanks because I currently only have aroound 8 ex available and was wondering what my next upgrade would be :).
Killed Shaper in Essence! only 1 death and easy avoidable

if you have dying sun gmp is useless replace with slower proj, crit on boots is amazing with elemental focus, 6.5k HP enough for the fight, only thing that will one shot you is the slam and it is easy avoidable. Amulet was hard to find because there were none for like 1 week. Blue gem was conc effect instead of chance to ignite but chance to ignite is cool too, 100% ignite is too good. Frenzy is better than rain of arrows when you have dying sun and +1 arrows in the quiver. Helm had a CWDT IC setup that could be easily replaced with another skill or W/E

Edit: Forgot to mention, get at least EA 21/20, empower 4 will help a lot but with 3 damage is still insane. Ring had accuracy crafted when i fought shaper, changed to fire after because i was using it with another character

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAG8AdEB3AQHBLMFLQ48DlwVIBhWGJEZtBzcHwIlvCj6Ko0s6S2DLlMyNDLRNZI2xTbYNug3TDpSOlg64UGHQzFFR0V-RtdHfkkbTLNN41XGVkhYr2P9ZU1mVGh0aPJq-m87cYVyD3Ttdct343gNeuZ_gIGvgpuCx4PbhNmFe4ZghrOHZY1-jZKPGpRvmK2aO5uNnrehIqIAokCnCKlurJivt6_rtfK3PriTvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsSix53NmM6o02_Tftgk2L3aYtrB20_fv-DD4XPqYuvu7DjsVe968B_xbPFt8kX0-Paj9z356P4K_o__EA==?accountName=Zeadus1&characterName=Vagnugget

Also Thanks for the guide, very nice build plus the videos were very informative for the guardian fights in how to approach them as EA
Last edited by Zeadus1 on Oct 5, 2016, 10:34:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info