[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
blehhh wrote:
Nice build

Thanks,

Hope you all got your cheap kaom's heart while you could. I nabbed one right after patch notes came out since I probably wanted reroll this.

Also my uber lab runner enchanted this on his own helmet.

it might be a sign...
first of all, thants much for this guide.
if i wouldnt have stumbled on it, i would have rolled zerker and this character wouldnt have become as op as it is.

i started in ESC because i wanted to try new bosses/content without permanent heartattacks

so i tweaked around your build alot
i respecced the tree a few times trying different options.
heres my few cents too all of this:

1. dying sun is crazy for this build.
i swapped gmp and slower proj on bosses for a long time. works pretty good aswell.
i was trying to get a second 6L for ages, without any luck... then i bought a dying sun and just swapped out GMP for slower proj.
damage is insane, i even run rarity gem most of the time.

2. opal rings, holy shit...
im kinda happy with my two rings but i feel like i wanna keep rolling for higher life ones.
as some guys mentioned this basicly gives us the option to swap out of any of the fire dmg clusters.

3. vinktars is really strong, but i kinda miss the flask slot for it.
i dont wanna give up the MS flask, but that would be the only option.
atm i just do tanky bosses with vaal lightning trap. and swapped out vinktars.

4. amulet slot:
i was rolling a marble amulet for the extra regen with anger essences.
didnt hit a good one because amulet mods... what else can i say.
so during this i figured since i could also drop gmp on my curse setup due to dying sun, i could fit a second curse.
so im vaaling cheap amulets atm.
i accidently hit the +1 frenzy amulet that is pretty nice aswell, but im still rolling for +1 curse

5. one item with accuracy rating, in my case 400, upped my clearspeed/dmg alot. i went from 75 to 85 hit chance.

6. having the option of changing one ring to essence worm is huge for some content

---

i did all guardians, all map bosses, cleared grandmasters, (dyness is a bitch, took me 30 mins till she teleported into a corner) but i didnt attempt shaper sofar.

got 8.9k life
800 lifereg (i play noreg maps without any problem, due to 0.5 boots enchant and 0.2 reaguard vaal)

i can do reflect maps while switching in another ruby flask for the MS one, lifeleech gem for fire pen, rarity gem for conc effect, and change one ring for essence worm with purity of fire.
even tho i try to avoid it but i cleared some nicely vaaled ele flect maps like this.

what im still working on:
+1 allres kaoms
+1 curse amulet to run eighter flama+enfeeble or flama+ele weak (or maybe vuln for the burn?)
switching out my 25 ea dmg helmet for a 40 ea dmg helmet
a rearguard with +1 arrow to swap for the fire leech one
maybe tweak the tree a bit more and spec out of the heart of flames cluster once again.

maybe this hepled someone.

ty again. your build got me on the way and i had alot of fun with it.
ill prolly respecc a few more times trying out different routs.
ill keep you guys updated

finally heres my current gear:

Last edited by ustinov on Sep 26, 2016, 9:04:45 AM
"
ustinov wrote:
first of all, thants much for this guide.
if i wouldnt have stumbled on it, i would have rolled zerker and this character wouldnt have become as op as it is.

i started in ESC because i wanted to try new bosses/content without permanent heartattacks

so i tweaked around your build alot
i respecced the tree a few times trying different options.
heres my few cents too all of this:

1. dying sun is crazy for this build.
i swapped gmp and slower proj on bosses for a long time. works pretty good aswell.
i was trying to get a second 6L for ages, without any luck... then i bought a dying sun and just swapped out GMP for slower proj.
damage is insane, i even run rarity gem most of the time.

2. opal rings, holy shit...
im kinda happy with my two rings but i feel like i wanna keep rolling for higher life ones.
as some guys mentioned this basicly gives us the option to swap out of any of the fire dmg clusters.

3. vinktars is really strong, but i kinda miss the flask slot for it.
i dont wanna give up the MS flask, but that would be the only option.
atm i just do tanky bosses with vaal lightning trap. and swapped out vinktars.

4. amulet slot:
i was rolling a marble amulet for the extra regen with anger essences.
didnt hit a good one because amulet mods... what else can i say.
so during this i figured since i could also drop gmp on my curse setup due to dying sun, i could fit a second curse.
so im vaaling cheap amulets atm.
i accidently hit the +1 frenzy amulet that is pretty nice aswell, but im still rolling for +1 curse

5. one item with accuracy rating, in my case 400, upped my clearspeed/dmg alot. i went from 75 to 85 hit chance.

6. having the option of changing one ring to essence worm is huge for some content

---

i did all guardians, all map bosses, cleared grandmasters, (dyness is a bitch, took me 30 mins till she teleported into a corner) but i didnt attempt shaper sofar.

got 8.9k life
800 lifereg (i play noreg maps without any problem, due to 0.5 boots enchant and 0.2 reaguard vaal)

i can do reflect maps while switching in another ruby flask for the MS one, lifeleech gem for fire pen, rarity gem for conc effect, and change one ring for essence worm with purity of fire.
even tho i try to avoid it but i cleared some nicely vaaled ele flect maps like this.

Yeah I wish I could show or link to a dying sun for the guide but as a hardcore player they're much harder to come by. last I checked there was 1 for sale for 600c.

Vinktar has always been my swap flask slot, if I had a dying sun I'd probably run that there except for certain situation

And you're right about accuracy I ran 1 accuracy roll on helmet both in proph and essence and I think it did make a difference I should make a note of that in the gearing section.

That said if you do the shaper, consider bringing in vinktars, because of a recent change cannot be shocked enemies are still shocked with vinktars, that's atziri and shaper for you. As far as you're gearing is concerned, I personally would keep the leech corruption since you have the flask and get boots with penetrates elemental resistances if you haven't killed recently. these should help on bosses without ads. but either way you're probably fine and you probably have a better idea of what feels best at this point. Let me know if you find better pathing or better nodes.

I just started the reroll now I bought a kaom as soon as I read the patch notes before the update happened, got 2 5l quill rains and my helm enchanted accidentally 40% ea damage. Hopefully I don't do anything stupid with it for a while and should roll through things just fine. I like my lab runner in maps now though, I started out as dual warchief totems jugg but became a sunder crit staff build that's a lot more fun to play even outside the lab.
Update on my gear.

Spoiler

I'm still not sure, should I replace my Helm and Boots with rares with life + resists and go Dual Curse + Opal rings and fire damage?
Will work node "lava lash" or it not scale with ea?
Does it make sense to gather additionally slots Jewel on HC or go to the other side of life marauder?
Last edited by tetta_sigma on Sep 27, 2016, 1:37:49 AM
"
tetta_sigma wrote:
Will work node "lava lash" or it not scale with ea?
Does it make sense to gather additionally slots Jewel on HC or go to the other side of life marauder?

lava lash is damage with weapons, does not work with EA's explosion.

depends on the jewel slot, and if you've got a good jewel.
One hint if your running hall of gm, kill whoever is around dyness then lure him/her onto the stairs. The cwdt will always make dyness lightning warp to where you are. You can stack arrows on them on the stairs and the ground on the bottom of the stairs can kill em pretty fast this way.
I'm having a lot of trouble staying alive.. I do a decent amount of damange but I die way too often..

Any suggestions or improvements I should do? Char : ExploArrowRanger
"
Skempi wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble staying alive.. I do a decent amount of damange but I die way too often..

Are u read the guide? Your gloves, rings and amulet are piece of sh.. U stacking add fire dmg and not taking EE. Your main source of def are flasks. Rumi and basalt for usually mapping and change for fire, water or lightning flask for high ele dmg rolls.

Rip at lvl 92. -max res map, goatman with ele ref and volatile. Shoot 2 arrow and he jumped to me and died.
Last edited by ShadowTemplar on Sep 28, 2016, 10:35:01 AM
"
ShadowTemplar wrote:
"
Skempi wrote:

Are u read the guide? Your gloves, rings and amulet are piece of sh.. U stacking add fire dmg and not taking EE. Your main source of def are flasks. Rumi and basalt for usually mapping and change for fire, water or lightning flask for high ele dmg rolls.

Rip at lvl 92. -max res map, goatman with ele ref and volatile. Shoot 2 arrow and he jumped to me and died.

Aw man that sucks. -max scares me because of volatiles, even on ranged I occasionally get hit by em. that reminds me in the old DD box days where I got a box with an exile, I blast rained on him on a voltaxic build, he whirling bladed to me, blast rain killed him and the box immedietly dd'd him like a volatile. 1 shot me.

Skempi there are a lot of things wrong with your set up.
First, get rid of all ##-## fire damage to attacks on all your gear and get 1 piece of gear with cold/lightning instead. Fire damage to attacks and weapon elemental damage do nothing for the explosion of EA. Just generic %damage

Second get rid of Mind over matter and put the point in Elemental Equilibrium, not sure if you accidentally took the wrong one by mistake. that 1 piece of gear with flat lightning/cold will make it so your hits make enemies lose -50% fire res when you attack them

next your jewels are not very good, get life and fire/area/projectile damage jewels, the pierce jewel is bad for EA the explosion will on tag the last enemy it hits.

Get rid of your resist flask for a basalt flask.

Get life and resists on your gear it seems really low.

Man I really need to make that basics of EA video, sorry I haven't gotten around to it guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info