Useful Atlas of Worlds Interviews and The Lioneye's Watch Podcast

will our progress on the Atlas be moved across from the challenge league into the core leagues at the end?

would be nice knowing this before the essence league kicks off as it will be the deciding factor for me playing the league or skipping it
Last edited by blubbber on Aug 15, 2016, 9:59:47 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
I think one part the guys are missing on the map changes such a JV being T1 and Village Ruin now being T7 is that yeah these are traditionally difficult boss encounters sure BUT then being so much lower tier than they are right now is a direct NERF to the boss and most importantly its damage and health. Meaning they are not going to hit near as hard nor be as hard to take down now. The Tiers do determine their power quite a bit so moving them to lower tiers makes them easier to begin with. The only issue i can see with moveing JV to T1 is the Adds. The adds could be something that overwhelms a player but at the same time this is gonna teach a new player the importance of AOE skills to control crowds if they have not learn this already.

IDK i think the move to some of these particular maps to lower tiers will have the effect of making them less punishing fights but i could be wrong we will see.

Village Ruin before was a random Zana spawn, so we can know how bad a T7 Village Ruin is. Short answer, there was a reason Zana no longer spawns Village Ruin
So is this skill gonna "superposition" you in some way out of the original casting spot while you're channeling, or what? You know, is it like some quantum ****, or just regular melee flameblast with aoe fixed on the caster? Rip every other melee skill, btw.

/edit: the rest of the "news" is not really news unless you use IE.

/edit2: I think I get it now. The "caster" is standing in the background a bit (not the bird, no.) behind the gore cloud. Remains in place, channels to the mob area in front of him. Looks like it's not gonna be tagged as movement after all. (it's not 7-sided strike mechanically.) We got melee skills that plays like ranger skills, now we got melee that's gonna play like a spellcaster. Ok.

/edit3: I think I'd rather see it with AoE origin fixed on the caster, you superposition to single target random mobs in AoE, then return to original spot. Would feel a bit more like melee.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 15, 2016, 11:46:48 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:
I think one part the guys are missing on the map changes such a JV being T1 and Village Ruin now being T7 is that yeah these are traditionally difficult boss encounters sure BUT then being so much lower tier than they are right now is a direct NERF to the boss and most importantly its damage and health. Meaning they are not going to hit near as hard nor be as hard to take down now. The Tiers do determine their power quite a bit so moving them to lower tiers makes them easier to begin with. The only issue i can see with moveing JV to T1 is the Adds. The adds could be something that overwhelms a player but at the same time this is gonna teach a new player the importance of AOE skills to control crowds if they have not learn this already.

IDK i think the move to some of these particular maps to lower tiers will have the effect of making them less punishing fights but i could be wrong we will see.

They can be numerically less punishing, but still be mechanically confusing and overpowering, which I agree with the podcasters, will be the case. JV spider is a good example because the fight is straightforward - that bitch is strong because she has a hard hitting physical spell - mechanically it's something that can catch a new player off guard who is still learning how defenses work with each other and against monsters.

For desert I think maybe they could swap that boss with Voll. Voll is powerful, but his attacks are telegraphed, and mechanically it will make more sense to a new player - we know that players in maps will have killed Voll twice - they might have missed, or skipped Arrow Demon both times. They are also both already in desert landscapes anyway, so no harm done to the Atlas system there.
Damn, that snippet looks like an awesome new dex skill... from the colors I'd say a physical damage spell? Maybe? It kinda reminds me of blade vortex, ethereal knives and bladefall...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
So what will happen to existing maps? Will they be leg like our older maps or will they turn into round things? Will they qualify to unlock areas on atlas?
Censored.
"
blubbber wrote:
will our progress on the Atlas be moved across from the challenge league into the core leagues at the end?

would be nice knowing this before the essence league kicks off as it will be the deciding factor for me playing the league or skipping it

Totally agree, same question here.

And what will happen to the current map items? Since many maps will change its tier. Will the current map become legacy ones?
Come on give us a hint about the skill. Is it tagged as movement or not? AoE? Deals phys or base weapon?
Last edited by Razis on Aug 15, 2016, 2:08:48 PM
"
ProjectPT wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Village Ruin before was a random Zana spawn, so we can know how bad a T7 Village Ruin is. Short answer, there was a reason Zana no longer spawns Village Ruin

Yeah but i would also assume there are other adjustments as well since this looks like a whole rebalance of the entire map system as we know it. Either way im pretty excited for it. And Village Ruin is just one of those boss's its alot like Museum.. Even museum being a T3 right now can destroy a build that isnt stacking on chaos res as well as good phys mitigation and Village Ruin is much the same. Like i said im hoping along with the Tier change they do some fine adjustments to certain boss's like Village Ruin. This is the perfect opportunity for such.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
These map changes will be very interesting
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info