Hardest bosses in video games?

The most difficult boss I ever defeated was in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, in the claptastic voyage DLC. That 3 phase bossfight agains 5H4D0W-TP/ECLIPSE/EOS. That was the most intense thing ever, took me over an hour to defeat.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Rob_GGG wrote:
"
The GBA Ports of the older FF series had more difficult bosses imo.

I'll give you that. I-IV were generally harder games (ish). V had the super bosses that were crazy. VI was reasonably easy imo (Go Locke).

FFVI was the best one of the entire Franchise. It was also a bless to Suplex the train

It is very very good. Better than VII for me personally. Kefka is a great bad guy. Suplexing anything was pretty fun and easier to input than Bum Rush.

I think that IX still wins for my favorite though.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
"
Rob_GGG wrote:

FFVI was the best one of the entire Franchise. It was also a bless to Suplex the train

It is very very good. Better than VII for me personally. Kefka is a great bad guy. Suplexing anything was pretty fun and easier to input than Bum Rush.

I think that IX still wins for my favorite though.[/quote]

I completely agree with you, FFVI is still the best for me. The whole story, and the huge cast around it reminds me of Game of thrones, where there is many many characters that are all well developped and wrapped to the story.

And Kefka, him poisonning Doma castle ahhhh it's such a perfect villain. And not to say, it's probably the only video game where the villain win. He destroy the entire planet and rule as a God.

For me FFVI is part of the "Holy Trinity" of Squaresoft, it's up there with Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG.

my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Aug 11, 2016, 9:43:30 AM
"
And not to say, it's probably the only video game where the villain win. He destroy the entire planet and rule as a God.

No there are couple of other ones.

"
diablofdb wrote:
And Kefka, him poisonning Doma castle ahhhh it's such a perfect villain.
"There is no better music than thousands of voices screaming in unison". The best part of it is that coming from him, it doesn't look like a cliche put into his mouth. He says it just because he is really bad :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
This is going to sound pathetic as far as hard bosses go, because he isn't hard. I was tempted to list many of the bosses that actually challenged me when I was quite good at video games. Yet; I had to go back and recall which boss frustrated me the most.

Transport back to 9 year old Clive Howlitzer and how he almost destroyed his SNES while being stuck on this guy for weeks.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Argh...that Mega Man 1 boss...I think I only ever beat him once or twice without the pause cheat. Damn good game though. :)

I'm going to say Magneto from the original X-Men: Children of the Atom. I'm pretty good at fighting games...but most end bosses aren't too difficult, especially with some practice. But in COTA Magneto was so overpowered...his AI was insane and I tried many times to beat him and failed miserably. One day I decided I was going to beat him or die trying...I spent hours and hours and just kept getting wrecked.

When I finally beat that SOB, I grabbed him with Colossus and spun him around so many times with his spin throw move that he died having over 50% of his life left. It was awesome and I don't think I've tried fighting him since then...but it was a nice victory. :)
I think "Dance water, Dance!" will be forever ingrained in my head after Demyx from Kingdom Hearts 2.
Ive played very few JRPGs, but emerald weapon from FF7 is definitely ingrained in my memory

for CRPGs, not a lot of hard bosses usually. the good 'tough' ones are where they are really tough but leave room for quite several tactics. For example, Sarevok in first Baldurs Gate can be a very tough fight.

there are also things like beast of 1000 eyes in Wizardry 7, ie bosses which are severely overtuned to the point you either cheese one or two only tactics or overlevel your party to the tune of 2x levels of what is sufficient for the rest of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info