Hardest bosses in video games?

Weimars site links to pocketplane. Most are done in WeiDU, so they should be compatible with Weimars mods. You should install them in order they were released.

If they are somehow incompatible you need to use the Lua console to trigger dialogue or quests.

There is also a mod compilation which allows gives you a hand.

Other mods aside from the Weidubased ones are the Rosenranken ones but I am not sure if the site is still online.

Weimar did pretty good jobs with his mods. The idea to turn the more noticeable NPCs into party members is great. During my first playthrough it felt bad that he just left.

I also liked how he added the option to do speechchecks on Balthazar in ToB, so he helps you in the final fight(I think it was Ascencion)

It's basically stuff that should have been in the game the first place.

Regarding the Solaufein encounters there were couple of difficult ones. The Katanacollector after you obtained Celestial Fury. In earlier versions he appeared anywhere which could be funny.
The upgraded Arnisekeep bosstroll.
Solaufeins Nightmare encounters(ie Spiderqueen, the Eclipse gang)

Well you can kill Kangaxxs second form quiet fast with those +4 and +5 weapons and combos. I think he had only 50 HP but the ring gave him strong regen.
The Watchers Keep Demilich is a joke because he has no regen, no demilich howling and so on.
I literally killed that demilich with the that Rubyred +3 throwing axe.

The difficulty is that Imprisionent is broken, there is no saving throw.
Imprisonment was an AD&D adaptation of a spell allowing a saving throw but failing resulting in permadeath.
Just remember that you could just cast the immunity to the spell school and after the 3rd time you stole Drizzt's stuff he won't cast (mass) imprisionent anymore and you can kill him.

Twisted Rune only became difficult with the mods because Shandalar and the Beholder killed their own members with AoE.

I considered the Celestial Fury group more difficult because they set you in Fear/Stun and had assasins going for quintuple damage.

I think if the Shadow Dragon Breath Attack wasn't bugged(it didn't drain levels when you moved which happened because of the wing attack) the Shadow Dragon would pretty much considered a difficult opponent. Jan got hit once and lost 13 levels resulting in permadeath.
Some mods actually fixed it which made the fight challenging.

The mod enabling the Multicolored, Aqua, Purple, Yellow and Golden dragon also added difficult dragon fights, which is quiet funny because the fights are much more difficult than the the CoB dragon.

Final boss for the following PAL NES games:

The Guardian Legend
Wizards & Warriors III (Easy to cheese the final boss, dunno if possible to beat legit)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Double Dragon III (NES).

Maybe a few more but I can't think of them off the top of the head. Aside from the final bosses these games are great fun to play. I think Double Dragon III's boss is impossible to beat in Single Player but it definitely seemed plausible in "2 Player Mode A" so long as you and your friend have impeccable timing and don't fuck up.

Beating Dragon's Lair (PAL NES) seems plausible, my brother at least managed to get to the final level 18~ years ago. I managed to get a few levels in myself back then. Hardest part of the game is the RNG in the Whirlwind Tunnel that you float across (and RNG in general throughout the game, but that whirlwind bit sucks the most).

In other PAL NES news:

Wizards & Warriors (3 is also fun, but it's a much simpler game)
River City Ransom (A good enhancement to the gameplay featured in Double Dragon games)
Power Blade
Trog (Trog is a great single player & multiplayer game)
Metal Gear: Snake's Revenge (Who cares if the story is canon or not? Gameplay is amazing)
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3

are all excellent NES games from start to end-game credits.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 24, 2016, 4:08:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info