Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

ROTC clearly needs a nerf. I spent everything I had into fusing mine to 6L, and it was only 1 out of 10-15 council runs that I found one. I'll be as salty as the rest of you if it gets nerfed retroactively and I lose the only real prize I feel I got from Prophecy, but oh well. At the end of the day the important thing is that the game stays somewhat balanced and doesn't degenerate into a community of players all playing the same build because a best in slot unique weapon exists.

I would also point out though that balance changes like this seem useless while GGG is allowing players to ghostbust and totally devastate the economy. A friend of mine made more currency ghostbusting shore maps this league than I have accumulated over two years of play in my standard bank. It blows my mind that GGG is concerned with item balance adjustments while this sort of exploit is going on completely unchecked for months and months.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You guys are awesome. I didnt get a chance to play much but loved the mini quests of prophecy.

Hope you eliminate all this repeats. Like I did like 6 Hrimsorrow gloves by only lvl 81. That gets old. I stopped playing because repeats.

There should be some pseudo rng failsafes, like, RNG cicles;;; e.g. if you get (and solve) a prophecy 2x you can't have it again (each time you fulfill a prophecy, the chance to get it immediatelly again is reduced by 50%, only for "low bracket" ones imo) until you have solved X (hope X is big) other prophecies. With this system, someone who actually fulfilled all prophecies would have better chance of getting the big ones, you know, to be fair effort/reward. Also, Ppl just sealing them would have harder time with the RNG (no reward for the money/AuctionHouse grinders), i guess it would be a big tradeoff. GGG can take my ideas 4free btw ;p
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
I hope the current ROTCs go legacy as well. I would think that they should unless they are changing the actual mechanics of all in existence, like they did the chaos conversion items. If they are only tweaking (lowering) some of the rolls of the current mods it has then it should go legacy as all items they have lowered the rolls of mods or lowered the lvls of built in supports in the past have gone legacy and I really hope they give it this treatment as I am loving the one I have now and would hate to have it nerfed when they do leave other more powerful legacy uniques.

I should also say I don't understand why some are complaining that prophecy is being added to the core game, if you do not like it nothing forces you to be involved with it in the least and extra content for those who play standard or even in upcoming leagues is great and I think will only add to the game and will not hurt anyone. I do agree though that if it is added they should add a spot for silver coins on the currency tab, I have 2 of my extra slots full of gold coins and after this league ends another mostly full of portal scrolls and part full of wisdoms which I guess leaves one for silver coins, but I think if in core game a spot for them should be added.
I'm disappointed to see prophecy being added to the core game. I personally did not find it engaging or interesting at all. I typically avoided them, unless I needed to do one for a challenge.

This just feels like more clutter being added to the game. Speaking of which, we should add 40 more pointless divination card sets just to annoy people.

I still love POE, but this is just content that I hope I won't have to deal with in the future.
"
_barcode_ wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
Aside from the fact that a 6L Chin Sol is nowhere near a 1c bow...
Learn to read, dude. That build can use 1-link Chin Sol, FFS, he did normal Atziri with main skill in a 4-link Deerstalker...

if (some) people are able to do atziri in such setup, why GGG don't nerf everything across the board then?
some of us (like me) have been advocating exactly that. shame it wont happen anytime soon.
Prophecy is a league to play solo. Then do standalone game, PoE Prophecy, sell it $60, and let the online core game be a social game, where people maps together.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxDuelist on Aug 11, 2016, 10:42:55 PM
I wonder about Voidheart, it's considerably more game-changing than the bow for standard.
Yay, the chance for more fated items! *happyhappyjoyjoy*
well i really appreciate of you guys bringing prophecy to core game...atleast something to do for end game ...but now since u are nerfing the bow etc, i wonder what was the advantage of wasting our time in this league...atleast u should implement a legacy version of the bow if the map is gonna be available in std...else the time we wasted on the league was of no use...
"
IAmBurl wrote:
~another mostly full of portal scrolls and part full of wisdoms~

Why in gods name do you have 10k portal scrolls!? Just sell it off, not like you are ever going to use them.

"
OrphicHymn wrote:
well i really appreciate of you guys bringing prophecy to core game...atleast something to do for end game ...but now since u are nerfing the bow etc, i wonder what was the advantage of wasting our time in this league...atleast u should implement a legacy version of the bow if the map is gonna be available in std...else the time we wasted on the league was of no use...

All of your time is wasted if you don't get to keep your op bow? WOW!
You even invested time to get 40/40 only to finally get your hands on that bow, and even worse still I bet you hated every moment of it. RIP time, what is dead may never die, tragic story 10/10 would troll again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info