Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

Awesome news! I was really hoping Prophecy would find a place in the core game. Hopefully this might mean Kintsugi gets to stay in the game???

The thing I liked most about Prophecy was how chasing prophecies could easily break up the monotony of end game grinding. Usually when I reach 90ish on a character I would flip flop between seriously trying to level up and mf farming. With this league however, I was compelled to repeatedly stop whatever I would normally be doing to fill in the Prophecy wheel with fresh Prophecies if it was empty or go chase down those stubborn ones that didn't proc in my normal course of play.

The only complaint I had with the league was the backtracking for low level prophecies that was mentioned in the initial post. Since this has been adjusted, and the overall amount of coin drop will be reduced when it enters standard, I am confident there will be a lot less backtracking to fulfill low end prophecies.

Also, I have been using Reach of the Council, and although I hate to admit it, this item really does need a nerf. It is simply best in slot bow ever (aside from mirror worthy rares of course). I would suggest that a change as simple as "adds 4 additional proj" changed to "socketed gems supported by level 20 GMP" would be a significant nerf to this item. It would nerf the dps, make the main skill cost more, and require a player to link the item to make the most of it. This would also nerf the crazy damage that my 4L siege ballista is capable of because it would no longer get the added proj benefit while socketed in a different item. A change like this puts the item on par with items like Pledge of Hands and Marohi Erqi, but it also doesn't completely ruin the item.

Overall, I think Reach of the Council is a very cool item. I really like being able to get into end game dps on a bow character without having to buy some stupidly expensive mirrored bow, and I especially like the boost this item gives to the less played bow skills like iceshot and fire arrow.

Don't nerf Reach, please. That would suck. :/ I want to play my LA char as it is.

AttackDingo, yeah, support Reach nerf. Let's all just start to save currency to play a bow character someday. -_\\\ Someday...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 11, 2016, 10:33:47 AM
"
Razis wrote:
love it because I skipped this league

/edit: awesome, thx GGG!

yeah, me too. Love this content
So, if you 'll nerf a ROTC, so please nerf next items, nerf Shavronne's, Kaom's Heart etc because these items are ...too strong. Is it a joke...after introducing about 3 months ago this bow... you wanna do it...? I hope that is false info ... my patience is ending...slowly...
"
Varan1971 wrote:
So, if you 'll nerf a ROTC, so please nerf next items, nerf Shavronne's, Kaom's Heart etc because these items are ...too strong. Is it a joke...after introducing about 3 months ago this bow... you wanna do it...? I hope that is false info ... my patience is ending...slowly...

Wanna talk about the Atziri's disfavour? With 600+ DPS? Why they don't nerf that?
Yeah go GGG nerf the only good unique bow in the game....
"
The sunk dev cost fallacy is strong with this league.

'Go to rng place, kill rng thing, do game action involving rng, and get rng reward'

One more thing (sealed prophecies) to clutter and drive more stash tab sales (NEED MORE PRECIOUS PLAYER TRADE INTERACTIONS).

One more RNG slotmachine lever for people to tug on and fruitlessly hope for something good.

even if its optional content, its more design space baggage in the core game they have to test and support now (that not everyone likes cause it's 'optional' content).

Enjoy sealing those backtracking/repetetive/trash prophecies you hate with lowered coin drops kids!

Wow, how old are you..? About 60 years old?

"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
daaviid78 wrote:
If my bow is going to be nerfed, then ALL legacy items have to be nerfed too.

RotC is OP, but he's no need to be nerfed, he's need a change.

For example from '+4 additional arrow' to '+1 additional arrow per 200 dex' or '+1 additional arrow per 100 int'.
How many RotC users have 800 dex or 400 int to have +4 arrows?

Also most of nerfing suggestion is 'reduce number of arrows' or 'just change arrows to support lv.X GMP'. All of you who have made similar offers - a boring people who see in '+ arrows' just a free socket to '+1 MORE damage' gems.

Right now you can use GMP in RotC and have 9 arrows. With Deadeye ascendancy and +1 arrow quiver it's a 11 arrows and 11-arrows TS is pretty funny, you know? Anyway with any other bows is simply impossible and this is why I personally played a ranger in this league.

And the point of all your text is?? The other legacy items that exist aren't OP?
when ive started reading ive first thought this is a joke coz prophecy is by far the worst league we had for ages. ive started playing it but i stopped again after only 2-3 weeks in coz it was a boring and annoying league.
noone on my friendslist is playing anymore atm, really noone, and in past leagues ive always had 6-8 playing friends.

we had several cool leagues and nothing made it into core game and now u tell us we will have to bother around with that prophecy fart for the rest of our poe lifes? i was only waiting for this league to end so i can fully start playing again..

last week ive upgraded my supporter package from challenger to ascendant but if i knew this was coming then i honestly doubt i wud have upgraded, coz i dunno if i'll still be able to fully enjoy the game when prophecies are always there.

and what about race seasons? will we have the prophecy barf there too? man im quite pissed right now...
Last edited by rushjo on Aug 11, 2016, 1:53:06 PM
"
rushjo wrote:
when ive started reading ive first thought this is a joke coz prophecy is by far the worst league we had for ages. ive started playing it but i stopped again after only 2-3 weeks in coz it was a boring and annoying league.
noone on my friendslist is playing anymore atm, really noone, and in past leagues ive always had 6-8 playing friends.

we had several cool leagues and nothing made it into core game and now u tell us we will have to bother around with that prophecy fart for the rest of our poe lifes? i was only waiting for this league to end so i can fully start playing again..

last week ive upgraded my supporter package from challenger to ascendant (yeah btw my forum title still shows challenger) and with that ive spent another 280$ on the game, for mtx, only coz i love poe. just, if i knew this was coming then i honestly doubt i wud have upgraded coz i dunno if i'll still be able to fully enjoy the game when prophecies are always there.

and what about race seasons? will we have the prophecy barf there too? man im quite pissed right now...

But if you think about it, why does it bother you that much? You know that you don't have to pick up the silver coins that drop? You don't have to start a prophecy? It's optional. Exactly like the Masters are. You don't have to do the content if you really don't enjoy it.

OP: This is quite exciting. Two close friends that play with me were drawn into PoE more than ever before due to the interesting nature of Prophecies and have been holding hope it may come to the core game.

Kudos GGG.

I do have to say I'm rather miffed about the idea of Reach of the Council being changed. We've been putting our time in saving up keys to participate in the Pale Court encounter, with this bow being desired greatly for my build. Nearing the end of the event and having been working towards unlocking this item, it is slightly disheartening to think a core objective for re-involving myself may be altered in a negative manor.

Regardless, Prophecy has been great. Keep up the good work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info