[2.4] LL Crit Arc Occultist - Budget/CI version included - Core viable

"
Cabesi wrote:
"
Anavels wrote:
What auras do you use if you're going CI? Don't think i can use all the auras you're using.

I actually mention it in the CI/Budget section in the Gem setup section:
"
The only thing you change, is drop BM and Wrath, and run Discipline and Clarity with Enlighten.

So you run Discipline+Clarity+Enlighten (preferably lvl3) and then HoT+HoI+CoH+Curse.

What do you think is a good single target skill for this build? Is there any other skill you can use besides arc?
"
Anavels wrote:

What do you think is a good single target skill for this build? Is there any other skill you can use besides arc?

You can replace Arc with Storm Call+Conc Effect for situations you feel require more single target dps. Vaal Spark or Vaal Storm Call also help, but would require a free 4L, which would be a bit hard to get. Finally, Vaal Lightning Trap is probably the easiest way to increase your dps with minimal investment and something I should probably use myself.
Last edited by Cabesi on Sep 24, 2016, 9:25:57 PM
"
Cabesi wrote:
"
Anavels wrote:

You can replace Arc with Storm Call+Conc Effect for situations you feel require more single target dps. Vaal Spark or Vaal Storm Call also help, but would require a free 4L, which would be a bit hard to get. Finally, Vaal Lightning Trap is probably the easiest way to increase your dps with minimal investment and something I should probably use myself.

Hi, thanks for answering! I'm currently using arc-light pen-controlled destruction-spell echo-inc crit strikes. What do i replace to use conc effect?
Currently playing the budget version of this build, CI and so far it is pretty good however I'm suffering from a few problems as I hit tier 12-13+ maps.

Single target mana regen: Currently I cannot sustain casting when killing bosses or tanky mobs like essences. This is not a problem if there are extra mobs to proc warlords mark from heralds but when that runs out and the monster is still around by itself I end up waiting around for mana regen. Also reduced regen maps make this even worse or god forbid no regen maps.
I have around 100% mana regen on jewelry and no enlighten if this makes much difference.

Single target dps: This might tie into the mana regen problem. Am I simply not doing enough damage? Bosses, strong rares and essences seem to take forever to kill. Im currently on a 5L with echo - light pen - CD - inc crit strikes. How much more DPS would a 6L give and would this solve my single target problems?

I'm currently testing vaal storm call in a 4L with light pen - echo - inc duration but it isn't fully levelled so unsure how effective this would be compared to vaal spark or lightning trap as mentioned above. I don't see how these spells help with single target if you would care to enlighten me. Is vaal lightning trap for damage and the perma shock for example?

Other random questions:
Increased duration for vaal discipline? Currently I'm using vaal disc before I pop stuff like essences or strongboxes so the extra duration is great to allow it to stay active throughout the fight. However while trying to slot in vaal storm call I've had to give this up. Do you not run it because its not needed or because you use vaal disc as an 'instant flask' instead of using it before hand like I do? Or is inc duration simply quality of life?

Orbs of storms: How necessary is inc crit strikes? I'll assume it's the same as inc duration and it's more quality of life but its a safe gem to give up I'm guessing? As an added note, possibly having it linked as Orb - PCoC - CoH - warlords may help with mana regen on bosses, thoughts?

While your main build is low life, any thoughts you have regarding any of these would be helpful.
Overall, great build and it's been fun so far in essence league.
"
Anavels wrote:

Hi, thanks for answering! I'm currently using arc-light pen-controlled destruction-spell echo-inc crit strikes. What do i replace to use conc effect?

Controlled Destruction.

"

Currently playing the budget version of this build, CI and so far it is pretty good however I'm suffering from a few problems as I hit tier 12-13+ maps.

Single target mana regen: Currently I cannot sustain casting when killing bosses or tanky mobs like essences. This is not a problem if there are extra mobs to proc warlords mark from heralds but when that runs out and the monster is still around by itself I end up waiting around for mana regen. Also reduced regen maps make this even worse or god forbid no regen maps.
I have around 100% mana regen on jewelry and no enlighten if this makes much difference.

Single target dps: This might tie into the mana regen problem. Am I simply not doing enough damage? Bosses, strong rares and essences seem to take forever to kill. Im currently on a 5L with echo - light pen - CD - inc crit strikes. How much more DPS would a 6L give and would this solve my single target problems?

I'm currently testing vaal storm call in a 4L with light pen - echo - inc duration but it isn't fully levelled so unsure how effective this would be compared to vaal spark or lightning trap as mentioned above. I don't see how these spells help with single target if you would care to enlighten me. Is vaal lightning trap for damage and the perma shock for example?

Other random questions:
Increased duration for vaal discipline? Currently I'm using vaal disc before I pop stuff like essences or strongboxes so the extra duration is great to allow it to stay active throughout the fight. However while trying to slot in vaal storm call I've had to give this up. Do you not run it because its not needed or because you use vaal disc as an 'instant flask' instead of using it before hand like I do? Or is inc duration simply quality of life?

Orbs of storms: How necessary is inc crit strikes? I'll assume it's the same as inc duration and it's more quality of life but its a safe gem to give up I'm guessing? As an added note, possibly having it linked as Orb - PCoC - CoH - warlords may help with mana regen on bosses, thoughts?

While your main build is low life, any thoughts you have regarding any of these would be helpful.
Overall, great build and it's been fun so far in essence league.

It's true that having more damage helps with everything. You shouldn't have mana problems, though. There are several solutions:

- get some flat mana on items, or Enlighten, to increase your unreserved mana pool (will help a bit)
- switch Heralds for Blasphemy + War Mark (only really reasonable for bosses you know you will fight)
- use Vaal Clarity + Increased Duration
- use Vinktar's Flask
- use The Writhing Jar
- use Berek's Grip (a bit desperate, but fancy)
- get more damage to kill faster
- finally, your idea of using Orb of Storms with CoH and War Mark is probably the best one and what you should actually do :)

For damage, it would help if I knew what your dps was. Probably it is a bit low. CI version loses Wrath and Pain Attunement, so it's always gonna be worse. Faster Casting would give you about 30% more dmg. Just try to get better items (like Void Batteris), gem lvls, that's all there is to it really.

Vaal Storm Call and Vaal Spark are simply for a quick burst of damage (just search youtube for something like "Vaal Spark boss kill", you will see), Vaal Lightning Trap is for guaranteed shock (you usually can't shock the very hardest bosses with Arc).

I would like to use Inc Dur with Vaal Discipline, but it's not super crucial. I would have to juggle my gem setups a bit to fit it in, but didn't get to it just yet. It's hard to say how important it is to support it with Inc Dur without seeing your build in action. Better you judge it for yourself.

Indeed you can drop ICS from Orb of Storms, should be no problem. Using CoH+War Mark instead seems like a very good idea.

I am glad you are enjoying it, good luck!

Last edited by Cabesi on Sep 25, 2016, 12:06:57 AM
Oh forgot to add:
Level: 88
ES: 9.7k (Not sure if this is low for CI or not.)
DPS (10 charges): 69k
DPS (with atziri flask): 80k
Crit Chance and Multi: 73% and 415%.

Currently running 2x void batteries with a level 21 arc. Support gems are relevelling at the moment after GCP recipe so that might bump it up some more.

A 6L is all I can think of to increase the DPS by a large margin but that would probably be the last large increase in DPS achievable. Other upgrades are less important in my eyes compared to a 6L; diamond rings, a more offensive amulet, possibly arc DPS on helmet instead of chain+2/3. Not sure whether to upgrade these before 6L; saving for a 6L at the moment.

Because this setup with arc is pure lightning DPS, mobs which resist lightning or element gives the most trouble.
For example against the boss in sulphur wastes (t13), a couple of warbands, one of the leaders is highly resistant to arc and takes a solid 5 minutes or so to take down (reasons may include running out of flasks, charges, mana or some other combination of why it is as slow as it is). Losing charges against a boss is painful as DPS drops like crazy and getting back to 10 charges can be horrendous against a single enemy.

While it is expected that CI will have lower DPS than LL, it is unfortunate that with a tooltip of 80k that the DPS against certain bosses would be the equivalent of being tickled by arc shots.
Maybe I am expecting too much from arc or pure lightning damage with 40% pen is not enough for CI.

LL would be a possible transition but 6L shavs are currently double the price of a 700ES 6L (15ex vs 7.5ex approx). Any idea about the DPS of a 5L LL version (as 5L shavs are about the same price as a 6L)?

Nevertheless, thanks for the reply and will see how things go once I get a 6L.
Dude, you've spent 50ex on your build and still have problem with twinned T15? Seems like something is wrong here. I love lightning, but seems not viable for endgame content. I blame GGG for it. BV, Traps, FlameTotem meta OP shit, no love for pure ele skills :(
Last edited by Gosen on Sep 25, 2016, 1:17:51 PM
"
Gosen wrote:
Dude, you've spent 50ex on your build and still have problem with twinned T15? Seems like something is wrong here. I love lightning, but seems not viable for endgame content. I blame GGG for it. BV, Traps, FlameTotem meta OP shit, no love for pure ele skills :(

normal clearing is overall fine. I think the problem is the single target damage against really resistant, tanky bosses. Then i think using a single target skill should be fine
"
Oh forgot to add:
Level: 88
ES: 9.7k (Not sure if this is low for CI or not.)
DPS (10 charges): 69k
DPS (with atziri flask): 80k
Crit Chance and Multi: 73% and 415%.

Currently running 2x void batteries with a level 21 arc. Support gems are relevelling at the moment after GCP recipe so that might bump it up some more.

A 6L is all I can think of to increase the DPS by a large margin but that would probably be the last large increase in DPS achievable. Other upgrades are less important in my eyes compared to a 6L; diamond rings, a more offensive amulet, possibly arc DPS on helmet instead of chain+2/3. Not sure whether to upgrade these before 6L; saving for a 6L at the moment.

Because this setup with arc is pure lightning DPS, mobs which resist lightning or element gives the most trouble.
For example against the boss in sulphur wastes (t13), a couple of warbands, one of the leaders is highly resistant to arc and takes a solid 5 minutes or so to take down (reasons may include running out of flasks, charges, mana or some other combination of why it is as slow as it is). Losing charges against a boss is painful as DPS drops like crazy and getting back to 10 charges can be horrendous against a single enemy.

While it is expected that CI will have lower DPS than LL, it is unfortunate that with a tooltip of 80k that the DPS against certain bosses would be the equivalent of being tickled by arc shots.
Maybe I am expecting too much from arc or pure lightning damage with 40% pen is not enough for CI.

LL would be a possible transition but 6L shavs are currently double the price of a 700ES 6L (15ex vs 7.5ex approx). Any idea about the DPS of a 5L LL version (as 5L shavs are about the same price as a 6L)?

Nevertheless, thanks for the reply and will see how things go once I get a 6L.

If poe.db can be trusted, the bosses in Sulphur Wastes have 42 Light res, which is in line with many other bosses. I ran the map for fun, recorded it, and it doesn't seem to be a huge problem - at least not at my lvl of dps. I guess it's important to keep your charges up - which shouldn't be difficult really, just drop Orb down once in a while if you are about to run out.

5L LL would have about 25% more damage than 6L CI. 6L LL would have about 60% more.

"
Gosen wrote:

It seems plenty viable to me. The problem was more with the particular fight and mods. I am not over-capped on cold and so with Ele Weakness I have something like 50 cold res in that fight. I also didn't realize at the time that the reave/lacerate attack he does, is 100% cold damage. So what happens, is that you can get killed with one attack - as you can see in the video. That means that you have to run, can't cast, which in turn means you get stunned as well if you are not fast enough. It also meant that I wasn't able (or was too scared) to put Orb of Storms down to get PCs - hence I had something like 1/4-1/2 of my normal damage. If it wasn't for Ele Weakness, or had I known about the cold damage and brought a Sapphire Flask, the fight would be much easier. Also it is worth mentioning that in 2.3 the T15 bosses had much more health than now.
Last edited by Cabesi on Sep 26, 2016, 1:38:29 AM
"
It seems plenty viable to me. The problem was more with the particular fight and mods. I am not over-capped on cold and so with Ele Weakness I have something like 50 cold res in that fight. I also didn't realize at the time that the reave/lacerate attack he does, is 100% cold damage. So what happens, is that you can get killed with one attack - as you can see in the video. That means that you have to run, can't cast, which in turn means you get stunned as well if you are not fast enough. It also meant that I wasn't able (or was too scared) to put Orb of Storms down to get PCs - hence I had something like 1/4-1/2 of my normal damage. If it wasn't for Ele Weakness, or had I known about the cold damage and brought a Sapphire Flask, the fight would be much easier. Also it is worth mentioning that in 2.3 the T15 bosses had much more health than now.

Then it's fine, would be stupid if 50ex went for nothing, lol. Can you do Shaper with that, or at least Guardians?
Last edited by Gosen on Sep 30, 2016, 5:39:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info