[2.4] LL Crit Arc Occultist - Budget/CI version included - Core viable

I'm doing something similar.

My Gear:

My Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAVCBx4HYw3RDkgOXA-rD8QQWBEPES8RUBGWFX4WQBa_FvMaSBslHRQdgx8YH8cgbiL0JIsmPCoLKjgrCit4LJwtiy-dMFs1uTt8QZZFfklRSbFLrkyzUDBR-1xrXfJfKl9qY0Nmnmr6bAttGXBSdFV2EXvXfq9_xoRIhMWFfYnTjDaMdo0ZjmSPRo_6knSTJ5UulYeboZu1oS-io6crrJesmK6ztvq3MbjKuZO7_L6KwwnDOsNtxvfLvc0W0B_Q0ND118_ZW9lf217djN-K37DgEuOE5oHpAuv174jv6_DV8h30KPem99f5N_rS?accountName=Iceforce&characterName=DTSRSW

Stats:
Level 90,
ES: 7195 (low due to crappy helmet, no ES on Dream Fragments, non-optimal ES roll on the other ring, no ES on belt),
56 Block / Spell Block with Rumi's up.
Arc DPS:
91869 (Life Leech),
108995 (Lvl 3 Empower),
124907 (Controled Destruction).

Most of the time I am using Life Leech.

As you can see, I am not using Blood Rage. The problem with frenzy charges is that for most builds you have no way of generating them when you really need them, i.e. hard boss fights (a Frenzy build being the obvious exception). So, for a damage boost I am using Righteous Fire when needed (obviously not up all the time).

The second difference is Vaal Storm Call. I can't stress enough the usefulness of this skill - drink flasks 2-5, activate RF, cast Vaal Storm Call on the target you want and move close enough for the shock from Vinktar to proc. Leech from Vinktar means, that during Vaal Storm Call's duration (5,22 sec), you can only die if you get one-shot. To get some idea of the actual DPS, let's do some math:

Vaal Storm Call procs 4 times per second and does 6813-13987 damage per hit with RF, flask and 9 Power Charges. This is average of 10400 damage per hit, hitting 2x4 times due to spell echo. My crit multiplier is 434% (all hits are crits), which leads to:

10400*8*4,34 = 361088 DPS.

Add in the shock from Vinktar (obviously not applicable to targets that can't be shocked, i.e. Atziri main form) and you get a total DPS of 541632 for 5,22 seconds. Very few targets can survive this, I can't think of any non-stage boss that does not die.

The third difference is spell block. Although not necessary, it helps a lot with reflect and with elemental damage in general. As you can see I am using Rathpith, a Stone of Lazhwar with a rare shield might be better.

As a conclusion, Arc seems to be very underestimated skill these days, but with the right build it is still awesome.

Last edited by Iceforce on Aug 24, 2016, 4:23:33 PM
"
Iceforce wrote:
I'm doing something similar.

My Gear:

My Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAVCBx4HYw3RDkgOXA-rD8QQWBEPES8RUBGWFX4WQBa_FvMaSBslHRQdgx8YH8cgbiL0JIsmPCoLKjgrCit4LJwtiy-dMFs1uTt8QZZFfklRSbFLrkyzUDBR-1xrXfJfKl9qY0Nmnmr6bAttGXBSdFV2EXvXfq9_xoRIhMWFfYnTjDaMdo0ZjmSPRo_6knSTJ5UulYeboZu1oS-io6crrJesmK6ztvq3MbjKuZO7_L6KwwnDOsNtxvfLvc0W0B_Q0ND118_ZW9lf217djN-K37DgEuOE5oHpAuv174jv6_DV8h30KPem99f5N_rS?accountName=Iceforce&characterName=DTSRSW

Stats:
Level 90,
ES: 7195 (low due to crappy helmet, no ES on Dream Fragments, non-optimal ES roll on the other ring, no ES on belt),
56 Block / Spell Block with Rumi's up.
Arc DPS:
91869 (Life Leech),
108995 (Lvl 3 Empower),
124907 (Controled Destruction).

Most of the time I am using Life Leech.

As you can see, I am not using Blood Rage. The problem with frenzy charges is that for most builds you have no way of generating them when you really need them, i.e. hard boss fights (a Frenzy build being the obvious exception). So, for a damage boost I am using Righteous Fire when needed (obviously not up all the time).

The second difference is Vaal Storm Call. I can't stress enough the usefulness of this skill - drink flasks 2-5, activate RF, cast Vaal Storm Call on the target you want and move close enough for the shock from Vinktar to proc. Leech from Vinktar means, that during Vaal Storm Call's duration (5,22 sec), you can only die if you get one-shot. To get some idea of the actual DPS, let's do some math:

Vaal Storm Call procs 4 times per second and does 6813-13987 damage per hit with RF, flask and 9 Power Charges. This is average of 10400 damage per hit, hitting 2x4 times due to spell echo. My crit multiplier is 434% (all hits are crits), which leads to:

10400*8*4,34 = 361088 DPS.

Add in the shock from Vinktar (obviously not applicable to targets that can't be shocked, i.e. Atziri main form) and you get a total DPS of 541632 for 5,22 seconds. Very few targets can survive this, I can't think of any non-stage boss that does not die.

The third difference is spell block. Although not necessary, it helps a lot with reflect and with elemental damage in general. As you can see I am using Rathpith, a Stone of Lazhwar with a rare shield might be better.

As a conclusion, Arc seems to be very underestimated skill this days, but with the right build it is still awesome.

It's always nice to see a different take on a build.

My build is a legacy build - that is: I had some items equipped and sort of wanted/needed to make a build using those - if only to keep the feel of the original build -, and so I didn't have a 100% choice of what to make. This tendency among players usually means that legacy builds are worse than the ones build from scratch, although I don't feel that way about mine specifically. Partly by choice and partly by luck it turned out to be pretty well rounded, with no special unfavorable conditions, weaknesses or necessary workarounds. Specifically, because of combination of high regen and leech, in normal maps, my mana is always 100%, and only in no regen/leech maps it is slightly compromised, but still absolutely doable. My damage is also high at all times, so any bosses that, as you said, have stages, or cannot be simply bursted down, take a lot of dmg all the time. Similarly, while getting block is more efficient than stacking more ES, you are opening to the possibility of getting unlucky.

You have lower dmg overall, but the possibility of very high burst dmg against bosses with Righteous Fire and Vaal Storm Call. That makes a lot of sense, but as I said, I don't want to be at the mercy of circumstances or map mods.

All in all, your build looks pretty good, even though there are some things I would touch on.

- Vaal Discipline, I feel, is extremely important. In my Malachai video you can see me dying to Maligaro, because I failed to use it, and it probably saved my life while doing Malachai himself. You really should think about getting it.
- It is true your gear is in general a bit worse than mine and hence the lower ES, but it's not just that. Personally, I don't think Doryani's belt is worth it, especially since you have life leech from boots and Vinktar's. Also you have no int anywhere on your gear (hard with using so many uniques, admittedly), but also I take aura nodes that boost my Discipline significantly.
- I touched on this earlier simply calling it a difference in build philosophy, but it feels to me that using Voidbringers is a bit risky nevertheless. The boot enchant only gives you mana leech after you've killed. So what do you do against single targets that haven't been bursted and have no ads?
- I feel like powercharges are extremely easy to get with Orb of Storms and also very easy to sustain, so I would question the use of Ass Mark. Yes, it gives a bit more Crit consitency also, but Conductivity would give way higher dmg, while more defensive auras like War Mark, Temp Chains or Enfeeble would probably make for a better build in general (but then again maybe the extra mana on kill also helps you, so yeah)

Either way, yay for Arc! :o
Last edited by Cabesi on Aug 24, 2016, 4:54:03 PM
I watched the Core video (I should have watched it before posting, sorry about that), I am pretty sure that if you get a Vinktar (doesn't have to be a legacy one, Vaal Pact necessary in that case), you will do it deathless.

"

- Vaal Discipline, I feel, is extremely important. In my Malachai video you can see me dying to Maligaro, because I failed to use it, and it probably saved my life while doing Malachai himself. You really should think about getting it.

A Vaal Storm Call + Vinktar will take care of Maligaro (any non-staged boss for that matter).

"

- It is true your gear is in general a bit worse than mine and hence the lower ES, but it's not just that. Personally, I don't think Doryani's belt is worth it, especially since you have life leech from boots and Vinktar's. Also you have no int anywhere on your gear (hard with using so many uniques, admittedly), but also I take aura nodes that boost my Discipline significantly.

I haven't done the math here. It may be more advantageous to spec into some aura nodes for both DPS and survivability. About Doryani, you are correct, a rare belt is better. Doryani costs 1 chaos though, will replace it with a proper ES belt when I have the currency.

"

- I touched on this earlier simply calling it a difference in build philosophy, but it feels to me that using Voidbringers is a bit risky nevertheless. The boot enchant only gives you mana leech after you've killed. So what do you do against single targets that haven't been bursted and have no ads?

I have 489 unreserved mana and 160 mana regen. This is enough for 8 Arcs, after that I have to kite for 1 sec after each cast. But let's be honest, how many bosses can't be burst down, have no ads and don't require you to kite? Also, Vinktar (again, not OP at all) gives 20-30% mana leech.

"

- I feel like powercharges are extremely easy to get with Orb of Storms and also very easy to sustain, so I would question the use of Ass Mark. Yes, it gives a bit more Crit consitency also, but Conductivity would give way higher dmg, while more defensive auras like War Mark, Temp Chains or Enfeeble would probably make for a better build in general (but then again maybe the extra mana on kill also helps you, so yeah)

And here you are absolutely correct. Assassin's mark curse on hit Herald of Thunder is a remnant from pre-ascendancy times. I will change that for Warlord's Mark for the extra leech and endurance charges (as you did in the Core video).

I have yet to attempt Core, and wasn't sure what to expect. After watching the video I have to say, that I am pleasantly surprised how well you handled Malachi with no leech (aside from Warlord's mark). Again, I believe that if you get a Vinktar (and instant leech in some form) you will do it deathless.
Do Headhunter / Skyforth / Heretic's veil or Vertex Helm have any room in this build? I've got the 6L shav's and 2 void batteries, I just don't know how many uniques I can get away with wearing.

Skyforth might be a bit redundant with the free chance to proc power charges. Otherwise this build looks quite awesome.
Last edited by The_Klous on Aug 26, 2016, 4:12:54 PM
"
The_Klous wrote:
Do Headhunter / Skyforth / Heretic's veil or Vertex Helm have any room in this build? I've got the 6L shav's and 2 void batteries, I just don't know how many uniques I can get away with wearing.

Skyforth might be a bit redundant with the free chance to proc power charges. Otherwise this build looks quite awesome.

Lack of resists would limit you to one extra, unless you invested very heavily into rare res gear and/or jewels. Even then you would need basically mirrored gear to also be over-capped. Purity of elements instead of Wrath would also be an option for some of the items.

Heretic's Veil would likely be worth it. You could drop some aura nodes and take Whispers of Doom instead, or if you are rich, get +1 Amy. Then you wouldn't run Heralds or Wrath, but War Mark and another curse. If you had both the Amy and Whispers of Doom, you would even have enough mana for triple curse. That would be very strong.

Headhunter is situational. Personally I would rather do the Heretic's triple curse build than wear a HH, but HH is a lot of fun.

Skyforth, as you said, don't really give us that much, as power charges, stun and mana reservation are already pretty much taken care of. However, there are some rare times where they would be handy - see the new Colosseum fight video.

Vertex is alright if you have enough resists - and what I used on the previous versions of the build, but not that worth it. You get +1 to Auras/Heralds, which is nice, but you can get a lot more ES out of a rare helmet, not to mention other things, like the stun avoidance.

Oh, and thanks!

Last edited by Cabesi on Aug 26, 2016, 6:01:36 PM
What do you think about playing this build in 2.4? Is it a good starting build or are there better options?
"
Anavels wrote:
What do you think about playing this build in 2.4? Is it a good starting build or are there better options?

The build is completely unchanged for 2.4. It's a bit harder to say if it's a good starting build, though. Arc is a good starting skill and not many casters are worth basing on life. So in that sense, if you choose to go for the CI version, it is decent. It does, however, suffer from the need to re-spec into CI after you are done progressing (not a big deal if you are an experienced player), and you do need to get good ES items (but easier now with essences), so compared to builds that don't have to do that (like life based Warchief/EQ builds or something), it's not that good. There is also the issue of Arc having not the best single target if you don't have a 6L/good items/gem lvls. And since there will be a lot of new bosses to fight (Guardians, Shaper), maybe another skill like Blade Vortex would be better. Then again, there are ways to deal with that (swap to Storm Call, Vaal Storm Call, Vaal Spark, having extra Flame Totem). Overall, not the best, but pretty good if you are willing to invest at least a week or two.
Last edited by Cabesi on Sep 1, 2016, 7:29:44 AM
Do you have to keep Orb of storms up constantly?
"
Anavels wrote:
Do you have to keep Orb of storms up constantly?

Not at all. You cast it 1-3 times at the beginning of the zone, then sustain with Forbidden Power for the rest of the map. Might be a bit worse when your crit chance isn't that high, but I can't imagine it would be significantly so.
This is waht i recommend (high budget):

Skilltree

http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVRBQU1GQVFBQWZQbmRpNHpBbWdtcTJmekFaa1ZITXRIcjdueURFUzBzbkFWQ1FaYlE5YTZ6VExNZ2JsQXcyMTd2NjlBZlJYNE9YR3I2SE55UEdyaVRLUHBYeVExOE40T202eXlta05icXVyUU1SbkhoaUIycV9rbURDVy1leWtwZnNKdTFoTVhET2lvNEdZcVhCc1NpMzVoaVdpU2QwMzd2ZWtRTnlQREswNzZLb1MtVEotLUktVGZYejBteGU5ZGNpbl9HTUZ1c2w1V0hIWU1SbGdjZWxTN3cxVWxSal9yc0dIQzcyUk12YjlEUVgyb09TRjN5S2d0d1VvblRqRFlyQ2hFdjZfWERDYm1UOGgxc0N5TDBiUmtSVURXNXB5dlpXeHNsUzY3cEF2c0o5dG9hajV5a2h4TjNCN0p3S2xNQ2x0SjhrbTY4VnFpNURGTHRZWng3AAhBQUFBQVFBQQAA

It's a mix with high damage and high survivability. You'll need +1 Voidbringer, conquero's efficienty+potency and skyforth's, so you can run wrath + PoL on blood magic.
I also recommend getting some flask nodes for vinktars.
I don't know if wands are better than dagger+shield, because i don't want to lose whirlingblades+fortify and an additional flask slot for quicksilver flasks.
Life/mana leech enchant for boots from lab is very nice and make life alot easier.

Auras

https://poe.mikelat.com/#Q=nJF3Dd/ZAKv.jLi/xB3l.sc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info