What do you think about EXACT EXALTED PRICE from vendors ?

"
PyleWarlord wrote:
so you want more exalts?? for slamming onto your gear, perhaps??
because if you can get them from vendors, prize on every item will just go up and up and up.. in the end you are never gonna get enough to buy that X :D

other thing thats probably gonna happen is that everything would be prized for chaos/fuse and exalted's then became nothing more than a high-end crafting currency(as they should be)

so better to keep things as is... some items are very expensive but their prizes in general stays the same.. meaning that you can get them one day.

I dont need more exalts, is not the meaning of the post, the fact is we need to stop the speculation on poe currency and the price rising of exalteds cause is becoming unreasonable. That's all. All the rest is blablabla.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
you would flood the market with exalts, which reduces their worth

What worth? They're barely used.

We only use them for trading cause they're shiny, remind us of gold, and cause of obsolete shit trading system where it's easier to put 5ex into trade window instead of several hundred chaos.

could be solved easily by introducing lesser exalts which work for items smaller item level 70 only.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 28, 2016, 8:30:29 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
you would flood the market with exalts, which reduces their worth

What worth? They're barely used.

We only use them for trading cause they're shiny, remind us of gold, and cause of obsolete shit trading system where it's easier to put 5ex into trade window instead of several hundred chaos.

could be solved easily by introducing lesser exalts which work for items smaller item level 70 only.

WTB jewels ilevel 70 or below. So I can exalt them to get 4 property jewels.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Yes, one should think twice before suggesing such things.

But i agree, Exalted's drop rate is way too low for what they DO (add a RANDOM property to rare item). I believe, Exalted drop rate may be increased 2, 4, or even 10 times (compared to current value), and that will have a positive effect on the game. Costs for master mods could be rescaled appropriately, if needed.
But setting fixed vendor "price" for exalted is dumb, and wont make any good.

"
ergecko123 wrote:

I dont need more exalts, is not the meaning of the post, the fact is we need to stop the speculation on poe currency and the price rising of exalteds cause is becoming unreasonable. That's all. All the rest is blablabla.

There always will be players, who speculate, as long as economy exist. Price raising for exalteds in league is COMPLETELY reasonable (based on my OWN experience). Obtaining one exalted is actually harder than 100 chaos, but exalted costs only 60-85 in softcore leagues. You should actually wonder, why price isnt 100+ chaos - and it's because exalteds dont have worthwhile sink, and used as MONEY.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 28, 2016, 2:10:03 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Yes, one should think twice before suggesing such things.

But i agree, Exalted's drop rate is way too low for what they DO (add a RANDOM property to rare item). I believe, Exalted drop rate may be increased 2, 4, or even 10 times (compared to current value), and that will have a positive effect on the game. Costs for master mods could be rescaled appropriately, if needed.
But setting fixed vendor "price" for exalted is dumb, and wont make any good.

"
ergecko123 wrote:

There always will be players, who speculate, as long as economy exist. Price raising for exalteds in league is COMPLETELY reasonable (based on my OWN experience). Obtaining one exalted is actually harder than 100 chaos, but exalted costs only 60-85 in softcore leagues. You should actually wonder, why price isnt 100+ chaos - and it's because exalteds dont have worthwhile sink, and used as MONEY.

It is hard to say just increasing the drop rates of exalts by 2, 4 or 10 times would do the game any good.

You know who benefits most from such an increase, flippers and people that in general play more efficiently and in general know more. You know who loses out?

The little guy. You know that feeling when you first started playing and you got an exalt or eternal to drop, it was amazing, confused on how to build wealth and save for the builds you wanted to do.

Items would adjust accordingly, its not like shavs will remain at 7ex or whatever, it will go up in a similar proportion to whatever the drop rate is going to be. Just look at prophecy hardcore, the exalt is really cheap compared to everywhere else, as such it has a lessor value and larger items are worth much more ex, similarly to what would happen if exalts dropped more frequently.

People are like "its never worth it to exalt an item", well that might be true if you don't like taking the risk or if you settle for whatever along the way. Longer term builds and players should have no problem spending that currency on stuff like exalting a 3 property jewel that is good for your build, it can either get better or not really get anything useful at all, but it could get an amazing 4th stat.

What happens though is people rush to the end, accept mediocrity because pushing your gear to the limit isn't needed in this version of PoE and then complain that it isn't worth the investment to exalt items. Then they complain that it should be easier and cheaper to get them, realizing there is a league which that is possible and things are adjusted accordingly.

So the small guy loses out because he has to grind out more exalts\similar amount of chaos, but can't "get lucky" by getting exalt drops to push his quest along that much faster. Lets say your goal is to save 10ex for your build, chaos to exalt is anywhere from 70-80 to 1. When you find an exalt now you get 10% progress, in a system where it drops much more frequently its a much smaller %, now you can say well if I get twice the drops I get to 10ex faster, until you realize the 10ex value needs to be more now because cost adjust accordingly. Plus 2 or 4 times the drop rate of 1-2ex for your average Joe, well he still isn't accomplishing his original goal any faster, especially if RNG doesn't favor him nicely.

I had 11 exalts drop for me in tempest, more then any other league, hell more then any 2 leagues combined for me. There are also players that find very little, increasing doesn't have the desired effect and a lessor exalt orb is exploitable.

As for the master crafting cost adjusted, sure, but it also means that the risk of exalting might appear to be less or be less, but the reward in terms of value is less as well, unless of course your working on a mirror level piece of gear, in which case you would have spent the (old expensive) exalt anyway.

But yeah the whole idea of a lessor exalt doesn't work, you cant limit it by ilevel items or ilevel mods either, at least and it effect jewels at all. Perhaps buffing rare jewels would be a consequence?

Exalts do have worthwhile sinks, master crafting, various psudeo eternal\exalting with masters, jewels are great, various gear can be worth it. The issue is people are settling for mediocrity because pushing for perfection or striving to improve a build further simply isn't necessary.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Sa_Re wrote:

Your argument is flawed as you don't take chaos recipe into account. I'd guess this also plays a significant role because it has gotten much easier with the recent clearspeed meta.

I'd think the clearspeed meta would devalue chaos orbs as they begin to flood the market from recipe completions.

Instead, in PHC anyways, I've seen the price of almost every orb drop drastically relative to chaos. Regal is now 1:1 chaos, exalts are like 15:1 chaos, gcp is barely above 1:1 chaos, alchs and fuses and regrets and scours which in the past were all kind of close to the value of chaos are now almost 1:4 chaos or lower.

Before ascendancy when I was playing in the previous relative 3-month HC league (talisman) chaos was about 40:1 exalt. All those orbs were like 2:1 chaos and many (regrets etc) were roughly equivalent in price to chaos orbs.

Looks like the drop rate is actually higher for those orbs than people realize, tbh, if the clearspeed meta has this effect on currency relative to chaos recipe.

Yes HC is tricky atm. Moar guesses:
* Exalts: "Noone" uses them and now we skip the hassle to trade our chaos for exalts just so we can buy items. We just buy items directly in chaos now. In SC max prices for some top items are much higher so exalts are still the accepted currency when trading good items. Funny thing for me is that I had 3 exalt drops in PHC now that they are worth "nothing". :(
* Regal: No sink, the chain alt+regal 77-78 maps meta is long gone.
* GCP: Quality bonuses on many skills got nerfed and prophecy throws many q20 gems into the market
* Alch: Dunno, I never ran out in PHC but alched a lot of jewelry and maps. 1/4 doesn't sound too unusual
* fuses: 5l/6l prophecies are cheaper, no need to buy fuses for linking an item
* regret: I don't think it's usual to respec your char more than once (leveling build into end game build) in HC. The quest points and drops should cover that.

That still does not explain the chaos orb flood from the clear speed meta. But at least with Kaom's Hearts, inflation is real. In the previous weeks the price for it has been rising quite fast. So instead of relatively steady exalt prices with rising ex:chaos ratios, in HC chaos prices rise directly.

(That was all just theoretical bs, I don't trade enough to not completely having to guess.^^)
Last edited by Sa_Re on Jul 28, 2016, 4:07:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info