What do you think about EXACT EXALTED PRICE from vendors ?

Why people still talk about leagues ... who cares about leagues market is the only one who is working fine ... focus on standard market and think about exalted recipe for standard NOT for league please.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
Take the HC temp league where the chaos:exalt is around 25c, then compare that to the 80c or whatever in PSC. Obviously the "real" value is inbetween there, but HC has less demand for pure exalts then SC and people in SC have less demand for chaos.

A year ago exalts were 50-60 in SC leagues, perhaps more, it was 2+ years ago when they were cheaper, when few people did the unid chaos recipe, when currency most likely dropped less often.

Ah yes, the HC temp league, where there are soooo many players around for simulating an efficient market. [/s]

It is also the only league with an effective item sink.^^

"
Anyway, I personally feel that as trading becomes easier and more players become engaged in trade (which is definitely the case as of perandus with the public stash tabs), rare currency adjusts to be more like its "real rarity" price, relatively speaking. That is, if exalts are 80c now whereas they were 35c a year or two ago, I think that's indicative that exalted orbs really are closer to 80x as rare as chaos orbs than 35x. So the market is doing its job.

Your argument is flawed as you don't take chaos recipe into account. I'd guess this also plays a significant role because it has gotten much easier with the recent clearspeed meta.
"
Sa_Re wrote:

Your argument is flawed as you don't take chaos recipe into account. I'd guess this also plays a significant role because it has gotten much easier with the recent clearspeed meta.

I'd think the clearspeed meta would devalue chaos orbs as they begin to flood the market from recipe completions.

Instead, in PHC anyways, I've seen the price of almost every orb drop drastically relative to chaos. Regal is now 1:1 chaos, exalts are like 15:1 chaos, gcp is barely above 1:1 chaos, alchs and fuses and regrets and scours which in the past were all kind of close to the value of chaos are now almost 1:4 chaos or lower.

Before ascendancy when I was playing in the previous relative 3-month HC league (talisman) chaos was about 40:1 exalt. All those orbs were like 2:1 chaos and many (regrets etc) were roughly equivalent in price to chaos orbs.

Looks like the drop rate is actually higher for those orbs than people realize, tbh, if the clearspeed meta has this effect on currency relative to chaos recipe.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jul 27, 2016, 6:09:51 PM
so you want more exalts?? for slamming onto your gear, perhaps??
because if you can get them from vendors, prize on every item will just go up and up and up.. in the end you are never gonna get enough to buy that X :D

other thing thats probably gonna happen is that everything would be prized for chaos/fuse and exalted's then became nothing more than a high-end crafting currency(as they should be)

so better to keep things as is... some items are very expensive but their prizes in general stays the same.. meaning that you can get them one day.
d:-D*
The game would most likely be better if the currency market page in poetrade is removed .

Its a flippers tool and people gets a wrong idea of what the ratio really is between the orbs ( new players in particular ) . I never use it , never going to either . Why does the ratio change to such extreme values for the exalted orb , its the RICH flippers that controls the market and also its not only the exalted orb they do it with . For those that played d3 , do you remember what happened with all the gems , fiery brimstones , etc etc .

Poe is no different than d3 both games are ( d3 was ) a game based on trading and wealth .
Those that started to play poe from the start are in such a huge advantage compared to newer players , they have been in a position to stockpile different orbs when the ratio was low and selling it now making a huge profit . This is natural of how games like this works .

When it comes to legacy items , is also a experience a new player can't be a part of unless he/she pays such a ridiculous price . Seller bought a item for maybe 5 ex and selling it for 300 ex etc . that player now is in a position to start flipping .

In general with games like this if you wasn't playing from the start you're in for a rough ride . Because of all this i understand why many prefer to only play temp leagues and never play standard .
We just need a high value density orb that replace exalt as trading currency, thats all.

Seen a redditer suggest a orb that grants a player a full reset. (which is equivalent to 143 regrets these days if you are level 90)

may be we should add that kind of orb into Vendor selling list.

and change the level 8 master craft from 2ex to 1ex + 1 divine. That will at least shave some exalt demand.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Instead, in PHC anyways, I've seen the price of almost every orb drop drastically relative to chaos. Regal is now 1:1 chaos, exalts are like 15:1 chaos, gcp is barely above 1:1 chaos, alchs and fuses and regrets and scours which in the past were all kind of close to the value of chaos are now almost 1:4 chaos or lower.

Before ascendancy when I was playing in the previous relative 3-month HC league (talisman) chaos was about 40:1 exalt. All those orbs were like 2:1 chaos and many (regrets etc) were roughly equivalent in price to chaos orbs.
till today I have noidea why orbs other than Chaos/exalt arent commonly use as trading currency, when some of them of widely available for sale even from vendor(ex. regret, fuses)

and GGG seems to way too obsesses in chaos/exalt orb sinking. Most of the good stuff from forsaken master cost either chaos or exalt never other currency wtf. Why bother make poe so many currency? might as well remove all of them use chaos/exalt only.

Last edited by Darkkrows on Jul 27, 2016, 10:45:00 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
you would flood the market with exalts, which reduces their worth

What worth? They're barely used.

We only use them for trading cause they're shiny, remind us of gold, and cause of obsolete shit trading system where it's easier to put 5ex into trade window instead of several hundred chaos.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Jul 28, 2016, 12:51:43 AM
"
profit people try to do with currencies with new players and only damage that kind of people

xD

"I don't like that I have to play a lot to get exalt orbs (and good items they cost) so I will make post and say I care about new players so people will listen to me." hahaha

I think vendors should sell 1 exalts for 50 eternal orbs.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
ergecko123 wrote:
Hey guys i was thinking something...

There is a lot of people who think that the continue rise up of currency needed to buy 1 Exalted orb is very annoyng and absurde cause more we go far more the trade rate become absurde.

So, what about ggg set AN EXACT PRICE for an Exalted orb and it can be bought directly from a vendor npc?

Like if you put 700 Alterations / 400 Jewelers etc etc ( is just an example ) in a npc sell tab the npc give you back 1 exalted.

I think is a very good solution cause it will totally stop the stupid profit people try to do with currencies with new players and only damage that kind of people, all the rest of us well totally enjoy this cause we can earn exalts (at a rate choose by ggg) with no more stress for things like Alterations/chaos/jwc stupid value change....

That's actually my last idea about helping the regrowth of the standard market..

Please leave a comment if you like to ^^

For sure they have to do this before or later cause if the price of 1 exalt go upper than 1 player trade tab, how people can trade anymore safe ? :)

And tell me, what do you want to BUY exalted for? To use it for transactions with other players, anyways? Then, it doesnt matter at all, cause market will just adapt, that's all.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
they just NEED to do this cause there is no other way to get exalts.

So exalts are magical created when people are trading?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info