What do you think about EXACT EXALTED PRICE from vendors ?

"
ergecko123 wrote:
poe currency is even worst then currency trade in game , before talk did you ever took a look at Rates on poe currency ??? wtf we are talking about, you do faster tellign me you are one of those guys who make profit this way and don't tell bullshits like "use poe currency" blabla bla cause is useless as fu**

and also my solution will not touch the economy at all it will only stable it instead of going down and down and down.
i've used it to buy 2 exalted orbs a few weeks ago. I needed 4 to buy a Reach of the Council Bow. I had one and a friend lent me one. So I traded for the other 2. It was easy. Filter online only and whisper somebody selling them for chaos orbs. Took a couple minutes. Why do you think it's so hard?

It used to be slightly harder. You'd look at the notice board. Find somebody selling them. Find somebody buying them. The price was usually somewhere in between.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 26, 2016, 9:01:51 PM
This is how it would affect exalted orbs exchange rate:

- If the price was too low, it would inflate the price of the other currency used to get this. For eg, if you buy exalteds with Jewelers, suddenly Jewelers become worth more than they are now. This might inflate the cost of Fusings too, since Jewelers are usually the main way to obtain these. Basically you would in effect get Chaos orb deflation. What would be the point of this?

- If the price was too high, nobody would buy them. This would be pointless.

- If the price was the 'correct' price, all this means is Exalteds are more easy to get if you want them (can just use a vendor instead of trading; save a minute or so). Maybe this would encourage more crafting, I guess? Better orb sink?
Could be a good thing for the game. *Except* that the demand for exalteds is very different in different leagues. If the price is right for one league, it will be wrong for all the others.

Basically, I don't see the point of your suggestion.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
i've used it to buy 2 exalted orbs a few weeks ago. I needed 4 to buy a Reach of the Council Bow. I had one and a friend lent me one. So I traded for the other 2. It was easy. Filter online only and whisper somebody selling them for chaos orbs. Took a couple minutes. Why do you think it's so hard?

who told is hard ??? i said it suck ! cause people ask unbeliavable price for exalts on poe currency is not hard at all, just suck from any point of view.

"
- If the price was the 'correct' price, all this means is Exalteds are more easy to get if you want them (can just use a vendor instead of trading; save a minute or so). Maybe this would encourage more crafting, I guess? Better orb sink?
Could be a good thing for the game. *Except* that the demand for exalteds is very different in different leagues. If the price is right for one league, it will be wrong for all the others.

Of Course im talking about standard markets and they should implement this change only in the standard gameplay. There is no reason to introduce that kind of trade in a League cause leagues always have fresh market.
I see a use for having a recipe for an exalt. It prevents market manipulators from cornering the market on exalts. Exalts are required for master crafting some things and for refining/crafting top end gear.

But it should be noted that the recipe i suggest have a relatively high price such as 100 regals. For most purposes the recipe is such a bad conversion it may as well not exist. EXCEPT in the case of capping market manipulation.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
ergecko123 wrote:
"

who told is hard ??? i said it suck ! cause people ask unbeliavable price for exalts on poe currency is not hard at all, just suck from any point of view.
I just did a online only search for exalts and the lowest was 75 and the highest (by far)was 87 with most being 77-80. So I guess your complaint is the market rate is too high for you? What do you plan on doing with those exalts? If your answer is anything except crafting with them, your idea is pointless. Every item for sale would be adjusted to reflect the new value of the orb. If a vendor gave you an exalt for 40 chaos, then everything listed for 1 exalt would then be worth 2 exalt and the prices changed. You will have gained nothing.

"
"

Of Course im talking about standard markets and they should implement this change only in the standard gameplay. There is no reason to introduce that kind of trade in a League cause leagues always have fresh market.
Standard is a League. Hardcore is a League. Prophecy is a League. Prophecy Hardcore is a League. They are all leagues. Two of those a re permanent leagues and two are temporary.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 27, 2016, 11:00:07 AM
"
Let's face it, it is a real market with supply and demand. I personally like it, as it is a sign that the game has grown to this proportion that it can support a real life model. Also, if people want to sit there and flip currency or wait for people in trade chat, so be it.

We all had to learn when we started.

Further, it's a perfect model of flipping in real life! Professional stock traders exist and profit a lot on ordinary people that just want some decent amount of value every so often. If GGG ever implemented an auction house with buyouts, I bet I could write some HFT scripts for them :)

Anyway, I personally feel that as trading becomes easier and more players become engaged in trade (which is definitely the case as of perandus with the public stash tabs), rare currency adjusts to be more like its "real rarity" price, relatively speaking. That is, if exalts are 80c now whereas they were 35c a year or two ago, I think that's indicative that exalted orbs really are closer to 80x as rare as chaos orbs than 35x. So the market is doing its job.

A long, long time ago, someone from GGG remarked that they were surprised how cheap mirrors were (considering the relative rarity). I don't think mirror prices will ever actually reach proportional cost to exalted orbs, because people are incentivized to liquidate huge value in order to buy multiple items of lesser value. But I think the in-league prices have the ability to be higher than they were in the past simply because trading is easier now.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 27, 2016, 10:21:46 AM
"
"
Let's face it, it is a real market with supply and demand. I personally like it, as it is a sign that the game has grown to this proportion that it can support a real life model. Also, if people want to sit there and flip currency or wait for people in trade chat, so be it.

We all had to learn when we started.

Further, it's a perfect model of flipping in real life! Professional stock traders exist and profit a lot on ordinary people that just want some decent amount of value every so often. If GGG ever implemented an auction house with buyouts, I bet I could write some HFT scripts for them :)

Anyway, I personally feel that as trading becomes easier and more players become engaged in trade (which is definitely the case as of perandus with the public stash tabs), rare currency adjusts to be more like its "real rarity" price, relatively speaking. That is, if exalts are 80c now whereas they were 35c a year or two ago, I think that's indicative that exalted orbs really are closer to 80x as rare as chaos orbs than 35x. So the market is doing its job.

That really isn't anywhere close to being correct on the assumption that the market has adjusted to the rarity of the orbs.

Take the HC temp league where the chaos:exalt is around 25c, then compare that to the 80c or whatever in PSC. Obviously the "real" value is inbetween there, but HC has less demand for pure exalts then SC and people in SC have less demand for chaos.

A year ago exalts were 50-60 in SC leagues, perhaps more, it was 2+ years ago when they were cheaper, when few people did the unid chaos recipe, when currency most likely dropped less often.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Were PoE an offline game, 1ex for 10c or lower would be reasonable.

As being online game, it totally depends on the philosophy of the developers, but still, 1ex for 20c would be fine, because the lower the value of ex, the more the rare items have their use.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Take the HC temp league where the chaos:exalt is around 25c, then compare that to the 80c or whatever in PSC. Obviously the "real" value is inbetween there, but HC has less demand for pure exalts then SC and people in SC have less demand for chaos.

A year ago exalts were 50-60 in SC leagues, perhaps more, it was 2+ years ago when they were cheaper, when few people did the unid chaos recipe, when currency most likely dropped less often.

Ah yes, the HC temp league, where there are soooo many players around for simulating an efficient market. [/s]
"
ergecko123 wrote:
Hey guys i was thinking something...

There is a lot of people who think that the continue rise up of currency needed to buy 1 Exalted orb is very annoyng and absurde cause more we go far more the trade rate become absurde.

So, what about ggg set AN EXACT PRICE for an Exalted orb and it can be bought directly from a vendor npc?

Like if you put 700 Alterations / 400 Jewelers etc etc ( is just an example ) in a npc sell tab the npc give you back 1 exalted.

I think is a very good solution cause it will totally stop the stupid profit people try to do with currencies with new players and only damage that kind of people, all the rest of us well totally enjoy this cause we can earn exalts (at a rate choose by ggg) with no more stress for things like Alterations/chaos/jwc stupid value change....

That's actually my last idea about helping the regrowth of the standard market..

Please leave a comment if you like to ^^

For sure they have to do this before or later cause if the price of 1 exalt go upper than 1 player trade tab, how people can trade anymore safe ? :)

Well if you believe the tinfoil hat theories there is an exalted orb vendor recipe that has remained "undiscovered".
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info