The state of PvP in PoE

"
"
MullaXul wrote:

But Mathil did discover it...no

On a serious note though ForceBrute was using LA+Frost wall before Rup even started PvPing. Did he know it did what it was doing, I don't know but he knew it broke shit in 1-2 arrows so it's been around and used since the beginning.

Oh my FUCKING SDVDHFSṢ͕͎̰̯̦̅ͪͦ̐BS͐͑̑ͣD̸̩͈̳͚͙̪͐̌F̞ͪG̩͎͆͛ͩͬͯͭH̲͇͉ͮ̍̑̉ͤ̓̏͟G̮̹̖̍ͯ̐̅̏̃A̞̘͚̟̳̜͜Sͮ͜D͇̎F̦̫̭̻̻̂̆ͨ̈̾S͒̎͆̍͌

Also, never heard of this ForceBrute fucker, probably before my time. Either way, we kinda have Rup to thank for ruining PVP. Thanks, Rup. Oh, and Firebitch/Slaydemkidz/random guy pre 1.0 I forgot his name for inventing EA. You two are doing god's work, keep it up.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 28, 2016, 6:52:40 PM
"
"
MullaXul wrote:

On a serious note though ForceBrute was using LA+Frost wall before Rup even started PvPing. Did he know it did what it was doing, I don't know but he knew it broke shit in 1-2 arrows so it's been around and used since the beginning.

Oh my FUCKING SDVDHFSṢ͕͎̰̯̦̅ͪͦ̐BS͐͑̑ͣD̸̩͈̳͚͙̪͐̌F̞ͪG̩͎͆͛ͩͬͯͭH̲͇͉ͮ̍̑̉ͤ̓̏͟G̮̹̖̍ͯ̐̅̏̃A̞̘͚̟̳̜͜Sͮ͜D͇̎F̦̫̭̻̻̂̆ͨ̈̾S͒̎͆̍͌

Also, never heard of this ForceBrute fucker, probably before my time. Either way, we kinda have Rup to thank for ruining PVP. Thanks, Rup. Oh, and IceDeal for inventing EA. You two are doing god's work, keep it up.

Considering the amount if time I spent trying to get EA nerfed (then gave up, skill will stay as it is for eternity because the devs will never change secondary damages), it would be immensely ironic if I was the one who invented it. Mies made the actual version (the Wall spam) popular but firebrand/slay/cranium were the ones who experimented with it first.

The only thing I made popular for a little while was ST/Bleed (and even that was mostly based on Lapiz Molten Shell counter) wich is now irrelevant with Death's Door.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 28, 2016, 7:10:00 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
"
MullaXul wrote:

Also, never heard of this ForceBrute fucker, probably before my time. Either way, we kinda have Rup to thank for ruining PVP. Thanks, Rup. Oh, and Firebitch/Slaydemkidz/random guy pre 1.0 I forgot his name for inventing EA. You two are doing god's work, keep it up.

I never met or faced SlayDemKidz. He was kind of a prick hear-tell, but I have 0 experience in regards to his very existence, so I wouldn't mention him.

Who actually started the whole wall-spamming/ground-spamming thing?

//EDIT: didn't see IceDeal's comment on the wall-spam thing.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by I_am_Upset on Aug 28, 2016, 7:02:49 PM
*Seems like every 6 months, there's a new person claiming they "invented EA in pvp". This is about the 5th time this has happened now.*

I find it silly arguing about who invented shit, because people have always been "stealing/improving" builds from the beginning but...

EA wall spam has been around, almost entirely since EA in pvp has been around. DonTrafalgarLaw introduced the first OP EA build to pvp 3 years ago with the cold to fire bug, which literally increased the damage by over 10x. Was stupid broken.

Before that, there was a guy named "Graham" or something similar, which had a EA burn build in pvp, but it wasn't nearly as competitive, and didn't rely much on wall spam.

The beginnings of a 3 year stretch of broken EA.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543409
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/543054

During the same time, while I tried to recreate Don's build, not knowing there was a bug present, I created a "legitimate" crit EA version(Firebitch) on a quill rain and legacy Kaoms, which I played for about a year.

I abused wall/floor spam, but could also 2-3 shot some of the tankier ES caster and aegis guys head on with the crit burn degens. Pissed Googlefromdiablo's melee dude off to no end. :p Mulla, I could only kill using wall spam.

6 months to a year after, Slaydemkidz created the first tanky EA aoe version in a +3 bow (which was overall superior to mine).

I can also confirm ForceBrute was the first to abuse LA and frost wall in pvp about 3 years ago, although he wasn't nearly as competitive as today's version, partly due to his subpar gear.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Aug 29, 2016, 12:27:08 PM
We're like a bunch of old fucks "back in my day". Gotta educate the next gen of the beginnings ha. Though icedeals been around a long time too tbh.
facepalm
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
MullaXul wrote:
We're like a bunch of old fucks "back in my day". Gotta educate the next gen of the beginnings ha. Though icedeals been around a long time too tbh.

I started PvP in 1.1 with Sacrifice of The Vaal, before that I was poping with my pve RF build from time to time before it was nerfed. I wasn't abusing it because I was playing RF since closed beta before they introduced RotP (ho the memories with Saffael and Elemental Adaptation) and then 1.0.2 happened and made Snapshot DoT godlike, rest is history...

As for the actual EA meta, maybe someone invented it earlier but it was definitely Mies who made it that popular, thrusting number 1 on the ladder for months.
Ya I just remember nerfeverythingpls or something along those lines. Did start seeing you post 1.0 but still that's a long time now.

And for sure mies on the EU ladder definitely helped.
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 29, 2016, 4:45:27 PM
I think I started somewhere near 1.3, maybe shortly after, but I do recall a time when Cranium was using EA to stack arrows, then he got all shitter-shattered over the supposed EA nerf. I also recall seeing that Mies person, don't remember much. idk where that'd put me on the pvp-timeline.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I started in 1.3 as well and EA/PA was all over the place, but there was still some room to make builds that weren't meta without sucking major ass. PA died out eventually, but EA is still a retarded skill. LA got improved to a point where it's also fucking bullshit. But now...

- Degens running rampant.
- Offscreen by everyone. I don't care what rup says on this. Just because he decided to start using point blank doesn't mean everyone else magically stopped offscreening.
- No adjusted T Values on a bunch of skills.
- Secondary damage destroying everything.
- The "balanced" spells can't even kill tanks/regen builds even when going pure glass cannon because the majority of spells are aids.
- "More" multipliers all over the place.

Tough times... Damage is gonna be even higher with these new essences.

I'm really bummed because I don't enjoy playing melee or bow builds. I love casters and save for a few skills, they're in a bad place right now. That new league is gonna be a welcomed break from all of this.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info