The state of PvP in PoE

"
Márkusz wrote:

Also the people you mentioned are using aegis iirc, which is a more problematic layer than block in itself, where that item should be adjusted first, and not skills that get countered by it.

I don't use aegis, but I have max block with bone offering and high es regen.
IGN: _Firebitch
Huge PvP adjustments if more of these notes are confirmed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/50amlc/decrypted_240_patch_notes_most_important_details/

Fw nerf + new uniques means a lot more build will have a chance to compete, sure unavoidable skills will still dominate but at least GGG is starting to cut the cancer.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Márkusz wrote:
I agree that how broken some skills like Bear trap are, but I don't see block that much of a problem in itself. I checked your profile, and you don't have BCR on any of your weapons, which would be the most important stat on weapon against blockers you mentioned, especially that you are dual wielding. That's 49% vs 26% block on the opponent if they capped originally, which is very significant.

The more problematic defense is spell dodge, which can be stacked more easily than block for non-pathfinders, and it is permanent opposed with Rumis, while only viable for life based builds, it's effect can be only reduced by around 30% by the support gem.

Also the people you mentioned are using aegis iirc, which is a more problematic layer than block in itself, where that item should be adjusted first, and not skills that get countered by it.

I have weapons with bcr in stash that I swap to for testing vs block builds along with a 20/20 bcr gem.

I spend the majority of my time on casters trying to figure a way to NOT use the same few spells everyone's using while still being effective. Changing my chest color non stop, trying different gem setups, different theories.

I've been there with max BCR and it's really just absurd regen mixed with clearly not enough damage even with tons of elemental penetration and a glass cannon build that make it impossible to kill some people. If you're not 1-2 shotting them, you're not killing them.

That's why I swapped back to AoE and damage. I'm trying something else now with cold damage mixed in. Trying to get freezes from offscreen, see if that does anything.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Aug 30, 2016, 11:27:09 AM
Curious to see PvP adjustments.......
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
sarn is suddenly full of russians
"
lapiz wrote:

How do you know they're Russian, are they in Adidas tracksuits and squatting around the shrine with Wraeclastian vodka?

Also how are they personality-wise? I always hear about Russians being awful in games, but the ones I've encountered are generally pretty normal and even kinda nice.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
"
lapiz wrote:

How do you know they're Russian, are they in Adidas tracksuits and squatting around the shrine with Wraeclastian vodka?

Also how are they personality-wise? I always hear about Russians being awful in games, but the ones I've encountered are generally pretty normal and even kinda nice.

They don't nearly bitch nearly as much as us, Perhaps it's the language barrier.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Lol. The reason why people don't talk about PvP in PoE is because they haven't even balanced PvE yet. When Range classes have all advantages and zero disadvantages when compared to melee, how is PvP balance even remotely a topic worth speaking about? Not complaining, just stating the obvious.
"
AlMcFly wrote:
Lol. The reason why people don't talk about PvP in PoE is because they haven't even balanced PvE yet. When Range classes have all advantages and zero disadvantages when compared to melee, how is PvP balance even remotely a topic worth speaking about? Not complaining, just stating the obvious.

The main reason it isn't talked about as much is because PVP is not the core focus of the game, and most likely never will be, which is fine with me. But to me it seems almost intentionally lazy not to fix PVP and make it fun, especially of Leo exists. If GGG really gave a fuck about PoE, they'd make EVERYTHING work the way it should, not just the bigger part of the game.

Our main role here on the forums is to give feedback or discuss PVP, which is why the forums are given those titles. We want the devs to read the shit we're saying and give us correspondence, rather than just getting slaps on the wrist for "not following the Code of Conduct".
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
pvp is utterly broken and GGG is giving a fart about balancing their skills - they even introduce more OP shirt every new patch which completely bypasses stuff like block or resists.

And other skills get wrecked (e.G. cyclone) because they were abused as triggers for other OP shirt, and now they can't kill a damn fart on their own anymore.

D2 pvp was fun until 1.10 - pvm was sort of balanced, too; when THE FUCK will GGG learn from it?

PS:
The only master GGG should have made easier to level would have been that turd Leo.

PPS:
If GGG doesn't like having negative threads about how broken some stuff is - they should get going and fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info