How to revive broken economy ?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
*scrolls through comments* Whoa lads, top solutions saying everything is fine when it isnt. And now this russian integration is happening too.

According to most top most in the reddit thread a great number of players were already playing on the international realm already.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
*scrolls through comments* Whoa lads, top solutions saying everything is fine when it isnt. And now this russian integration is happening too.

According to most top most in the reddit thread a great number of players were already playing on the international realm already.
Yeah but theres the major issue of garena completely neglecting duplication bugs and theres also all those special garena events and prizes that only happen on garena servers.

I didnt see that thread but i looked through it now that you mentioned it. Even Chris Wilson was like "They had those kinds of events?". If the CEO of the company doesnt even know whats going on with Garena then its probably best to postpone integration until GGG takes a good look over what it could do to the international servers and standard league.

Im not saying they shouldnt get integrated but theres alot of room for things to go wrong here if they arent careful, its definitely something they definitely need to thoroughly go through.

That is, unless their intent is to simply not care, which they seem to be doing in the first place when it comes to standard. Ive had a chat with a few GGG devs and they said that they do care but in this case actions speak louder than words and they havent done anything in two years to help, in fact many things have only made the problem worse (like perandus league or increased droprates, arguably darkshrine as well).
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I have never ever seen (and nobody from my friend list) an exalted orb drop, yet I can buy seemingly endless amounts of them from players. Don't want to put on a tinfoil hat here but isn't it pretty damn strange? Where do they even come from?
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

True, and this is why making sure all of the well-rolled rares are useful to some competitive builds. Otherwise, you'll end up with massive need for 6L Vaal Regalias and 10c ilvl 84 white base Titanium Spirit Shields, while you won't sell 6L Eva/Armor chest for even half the price of 6L Vaal's.

This in turn means getting anything useful is hard, because you have to find these meta-only items.

Also worth mentioning, that high-tier physical damage mods on weapons were INTENTIONALLY made uber-rare! (1:5000 for T1, for example), thus getting high-rolled rare weapons is practically IMPOSSIBLE, and uniques will practically ALWAYS be better.

This is an absolute nonsense on GGG side. If they want high DPS weapons to be hard to get, why do we have unique items with DPS that high? Gotta admit that this is something I don't understand about GGG's policy with items. I mean, they can see what people are using, and they probably see that rares are heavily underused.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Raudram wrote:
I have never ever seen (and nobody from my friend list) an exalted orb drop, yet I can buy seemingly endless amounts of them from players. Don't want to put on a tinfoil hat here but isn't it pretty damn strange? Where do they even come from?

I get 1-3 Exalteds dropped each league. You (and your friends) either farm unrewarding locations, or are very unlucky, or just tell a lie.

Exalteds drop rarely and ATM are mostly used as CURRENCY for transactions between players. They are used in some kinds of crafting, but alas, most of Exalted's price is formed by its "usage" for transactions.

"
Perq wrote:

This is an absolute nonsense on GGG side. If they want high DPS weapons to be hard to get, why do we have unique items with DPS that high? Gotta admit that this is something I don't understand about GGG's policy with items. I mean, they can see what people are using, and they probably see that rares are heavily underused.

This measure was implemented to slow down acquiring near-perfect mirror-worthy weapons (when Eterenal Orbs still dropped).
Also, this was some sort of "balancing" for physical weapons, because weapons with high-tier physical mods gained absurdly high power (due to how local physical damage on weapons is calculated).
Instead of fixing the system and making physical mods having rather additive impact on local's weapon's DPS (instead of multiplicative), GGG just reduced their odds.
Now, with Eternals gone, those changes are kinda outdated. Also, certain uniques have the power of VERY well-rolled rares (Hegemony's Era, Atziri's Disfavour, Reach of the Council, Bino's Kitchen Knife, etc), and weapon types without such a unique are usually considered non-meta.

For example, go to PoE.trade, select Prophecy softcore league and search for Staff with 480+ pDPS and 8.2+ Crit chance.
ATM, i got 43 results, 40 being Hegemony's Era (starting from 1 exa) and 3 being rare Staves (starting from 3 exa). Now do note, that Hegemony's Era provides +1 power charge (+50% local crit), +6% block and 10% chance to generate power charge on knockback (=crit), and you'll understand that those 3 Staves are actually WORSE options. Thus, even after ~2 month of league, top-tier physical staff automatically means it's Hegemony's Era. Rare Staves have almost no chances.

BTW, it was also implemented for spelldamage mods, as far as i know. Which is the most stupid, cause spelldamage mods are actually additive, thus dont have as high impact as physical ones.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 26, 2016, 7:54:11 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

This measure was implemented to slow down acquiring near-perfect mirror-worthy weapons (when Eterenal Orbs still dropped).

This was true before eternal orbs were introduced into the game.
Uniques such as Marohi were not really cheap back then though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 26, 2016, 9:11:18 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

This was true before eternal orbs were introduced into the game.
Uniques such as Marohi were not really cheap back then though.

Yeah, but Marohi wasnt so powerful that that days. Without such strong 2-h skills as Earthquake, which favours slow weapons, Marohi was actually a nondescript so-so weapon. Same could be said for Hegemony's Era. Bino didnt even existed. Lioneye's Glare was a substitute for RotC, though bow builds themselves were so powerful at that times....

Overall, game is constantly evolving, so outdated mechanics should be removed/fixed for TODAY realities, and wont drag game back!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
my point was : it's all about power creep, and the pace at which it happens has drastically been increased those last patchs / expansions.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
first of all - economy is never 'broken'. one might not like its state but it is always working - thats just what it is, you cannot break it

second - economy (just like prices) is relative to what is happening.

what is happening is MASSIVE power creep. power creep that on one hand made pretty much everybody 'a good player' but on the other hand made the gear less impactful

we've all seen these 'clear Abyss with white weapon' or 'here im doing dried lake with no passives' etc showcases. these were ofc staged and somewhat absurd - but the fact remains: the gear you wear is A LOT less important than ever.

sure some good items are needed to comfortably farm any content but if one wants to lets say farm only atzoobe or UberIzi - then tabula plus some junk gear is enough as these encounters can be cheezed

this makes gear in general low demand. the 'set' uniques are in most cases perfectly enough (Marohi, Doomsower, Lioneyes Glare (yes!), Breath of the Council, Binos) - these items are cheap, available in mass quantities and are ENOUGH to do pretty much anything. if one is not after 'the perfect' he wont ever even think about upgrading these. same with rare filler items (because this is what rare items are right now) - if one gets his 25%movement, 2 resist, mastercrafted life boots - he is very unlikely to upgrade because.. game tells him AGGRESSIVELY that he does not need upgrades

this makes the market what it currently is. same with overabundance of sellers. final nail is the prophecy league that made some previously-sought-after uniques 1c items due to them being available from 'kill some rare' prophecies

the only way to make items more important and thus make people trade for them more is to make game harder and by a lot.

oh, and one note: the loot filters are as responsible for current situation as the power creep. few filter creators have DIRECT impact on what people (that mostly do not like to think on their own - otherwise they would have used their own filter) pick up and value. if a loot filter creator decides that rare AR/EV shields are 'do not pick up' - then you simply cannot find a good shield for MONTHS

i deeply, deeply dislike most of the pre-made loot filters for what they did to the item availability. transmuted their own likes/dislikes into reality, frequently without any real understanding of what they are doing sadly..
How to fix something noone cares about - we just don't .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info