How to revive broken economy ?

They need to wipe it and i'm a standard player.

Just wait until these gardena players come and merge with us.... [Removed by Support] imagine wealth coming in.

6L will sell for nothing. anything decent that took 100s of hours to farm will be worthless.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Rachel on Jul 27, 2016, 5:18:54 AM
The merge is conclusive evidence that GGG gives zero fucks about Standard economy. Although, really, the writing's been on the wall for quite some time now.

A lot of players give zero fucks about it as well. Really almost all of them. Those who want a proper economy are usually willing to abide resets to accomplish that. The decision only creates a very small number of angry people.

I don't think it's crazy to hope that someday someone develops a permanent ARPG economy which doesn't eventually collapse under the weight of time, but the Path of Exile Standard experiment is over. It'll never be what you want it to be. You should turn your hope towards other titles.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 26, 2016, 6:25:55 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
Standard (not HC) economy is just flooded by items (especially lower tier ones). Because of this most of the stuff becomes worthless. How to fight this and support trade activity?

I have simple solution ...

What´s the biggest difference between standard economy (IRL) and virtual rpg economy?
It´s the process in which all products wear off during time while using.

We can teach smth from the process and add "durability" to the game.

Most of the items (except gems and such) should have 100% durability when dropped but if you die while using it should loose a small amount of the durability.

I suggest to be:

1% durability lost in normal difficulty
2% in cruel
3% in merciless

This depletion should be permanent.
When item reach 0% durability it´s destroyed.
The only exception should be PvP (player vs player fight)
Ah and it won´t affect HC cos you won´t die anyway :)

example:

1. I have godly item (maybe mirrored one) What should I do to prevent this?
2. What should I do with nearly destroyed item ?

1. Don´t get killed too often or never (shouldn´t be problem for a skilled player with godly gear)
2. You can keep it as trophy item in stash, play PvP or sell it to PvPer
or ...
3. You can still fighting while wearing it, item gets destroyed so you need to buy new toy and so on ...

Destroyable items would return fresh air to trade.

It´s a bit controversial solution but would truly work.

What you guyes think about it?

Leave!

*points at the door*

[Removed by Support]
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Brittany_GGG on Jul 27, 2016, 7:46:01 AM
I dunno if standards economy really needs fixing, i think poe's endgame needs fixing and hopefully the next patch delivers, im not holding my breath though.
The OP's suggestion makes sense, however it is unecessary, standard is what it is.
That would annoy everyone more than anything else.
Unless there is a way to repair the items, but that would still annoy most players anyway.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
mark1030 wrote:
Once every 13 weeks a corrupting tempest hits Sarn and corrupts all items in remove only tabs.

still the best alternative idea in this thread. could have been mine (no offence meant :)

this game needs a item sink for the economy to stay healthy in the long run. and currency needs to degrade itself over time (for example by having a chance to apply it's effect which gets lower after the orb was collected).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Once every 13 weeks a corrupting tempest hits Sarn and corrupts all items in remove only tabs.

still the best alternative idea in this thread. could have been mine (no offence meant :)

this game needs a item sink for the economy to stay healthy in the long run. and currency needs to degrade itself over time (for example by having a chance to apply it's effect which gets lower after the orb was collected).
That doesnt really solve anything.

1 - People can put the good loot into mules.

2 - This could be viewed as forceful destruction, in which GGG is using to make people buy tabs. This could probably be considered from some aspect, actual pay to win because youre paying GGG to keep the items that would otherwise vanish.

3 - Richer players who care will simply just buy tabs, money is no object.

4 - This also has the potential to massively affect the good corruption market, in which case, now weve just flooded one of the niche, still thriving, markets with good corruptions.

The bigger of the two issues is number 2, 1 and 3 however make it easy to keep said items from the leagues, 4 would have a huge economic impact and potentially ruin any value of good corruptions.

People will complain that theres no point in playing new leagues because their items get destroyed, which is why i suggested they simply make two separate leagues for Temporary HC and SC to fall into. It solves all the potential complaints anyone would have about characters/items being potentially destroyed.

Item sinks work but only if they have a high chance of ruining the item like Vaal Orbs do. Item sinks will help but they wont if the stream of items is still pouring in from temporary leagues. The best first step is separating the two and working from there imo, because removing the influx of items alone could potentially return the market to a significantly better state.

As i mentioned in my original post though, doing so does have some downsides but has alot of potential upsides in the long run.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 27, 2016, 2:30:31 PM
guys.. do you really see the problem with standard right now?

people that play standard (me included) are already loaded with items and currency (surely to a varying degree but still). standard economy is bigger but has strong flux (dies at the start of new leagues, revives for a moment when HC-rips-new-item season starts and then quietly goes on to explode when league dies. i get a lot of standard trade whispers despite people calling this league 'dead'

but despite what people say standard HAS an item sink: people leaving the game. when you quit a game you quit it. there is no consideration 'oh i have so many exalts what to do what to do'. some will rmt it but most players dont care. uninstal, move on. (just check Kripp's stash when he revisited POE briefly)

the low-end items are worthless in leagues as well. on day 3-4 of a league you wont be selling junk no more. 15ms, 1 res, 35 life boots that are sellable on day one, wont sell on day 2+ no matter the price.

same with weapons - unique weapons are the culprit here. most weapon classes have 1c option that is better than 75% of all rares and perfectly end-game capable. so you wont sell your 200pdps 1h mace nor your 390pdps 2h weapon

so just take the rose glasses off and realize that junk does not sell (standard or no-standard) and that to be wealthy one has to work harder than his peers and/or be lucky. changing rules without changing oneself will change NOTHING

new players should NOT play standard. period. if they want the top-of-the-top-broken-legacies they should first grow up in a league and then attempt it with some knowledge and currency

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

That doesnt really solve anything.

Yes for the reasons you listed it would only work as a one trick pony when executed without warning. But even then I don't think the items stored in remove only tabs are usually those that enter the economy.
"
Sa_Re wrote:

Yes for the reasons you listed it would only work as a one trick pony when executed without warning. But even then I don't think the items stored in remove only tabs are usually those that enter the economy.
The main reason standard players play new leagues are for two reasons.

1. To get new content that they normally wouldnt get

2. To get items for cheap that they can use in standard, to use or flip

Everything i store in my inventory for temporary league are items that would normally be excessively expensive in standard. I either sell them or keep them to use. I dont get why people keep using the "remove only items never reach standards market", its completely a myth that they dont, if it werent wed never see an impact on the items but we always do.

Im well off enough that im not selling in standard currently, thats just me though, i have alot of good stuff and alot of currency, most people dont though.

Its one of the only ways to make money in standard league, finding good items in temporary leagues, especially for new players.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info