How to revive broken economy ?

What do you mean by worthless?
Items are like 5c in Standard because nobody wants to trade.
Need more brains, exile?
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The only way to fix what theyve done is to make Standard and Hardcore entirely separate leagues and introduce new ways to brick items, similar to Vaal orbs, in addition to creating two new, separate leagues for leagues to fall into.

People want to keep calling it a trash league, etc, its original intention before leagues was exactly that, a permanent league. The place where GGG messed up is not separating falling leagues into their own separate league.

There should be 4 permanent leagues..

Standard League

Hardcore League

Standard Void

Hardcore Void

GGG hasnt done anything to try and fix the issue either aside from Vaal Orbs in Sacrifice of The Vaal, however that plan completely and utterly failed when they introduced increased drop rates and multiple free loot leagues.

The only problem this implicates is the fact that Standard and Hardcore will no longer get league specific items unless its added to the core game. Thats good and bad, the good side of that is it forces GGG to design better leagues so they can implement them into the permanent leagues.

People who want their free loot to go "test" can happily do that in their own separate, new leagues where it doesnt affect the other permanent leagues.

Honestly this is a topic ive been thinking about for a while because i play both Standard and Temporary Leagues and this is pretty much the best thing they can do in my opinion. If they dont do anything about it, then chances are theyre going to lose alot of players in the near future.

Not only do they have to wait for new content, theres also the fact that that new content may never get added from a league as weve seen with the past handful of leagues that never got implemented. Prophecy League will probably get added but by no means is it enough to make up for those leagues that didnt get added to the core game.

And to be blatantly honest over the current situation, theyre basically stockholming people into playing the new leagues. Be a good player and play the new leagues and you get rewards! People essentially being forced to play new leagues if they want content and free stuff. Not a good thing to be honest especially for players who like permanency.

The only reason i play new leagues is for the MTX, i know for a fact by discussing this with friends its the only reason theyre playing them too.

At this point im soo tired of creating new characters and earning back all the gear i already own. Which goes into another problem which is the whole leveling process people hate. Honestly, i dont think people hate leveling, what i think is actually going on is people being fed up with the lack of permanency and being forced to play new leagues.

People just want to play the damn game but they cant when they have to play new leagues every 3 months.

I agree, GGG SHOULD have implemented a permanent league, that has its own economy - not dumpstered with items from temporary league every 3 months.
I like playing leagues and take a fresh start, but the last 1.5 months in temporary league are very bad to play. So what should i do at that time? Dont plat PoE - that's what i do!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Challenge leagues would die much sooner and have far fewer players if all your wealth built up was deleted at the end of it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Challenge leagues would die much sooner and have far fewer players if all your wealth built up was deleted at the end of it.
Talking about my suggestion ?

Im not saying delete the items and characters, im saying there should be two separate permanent leagues for them to fall down into. I just gave them that kind of title as an example, might be a bit misleading now that i think about it, using Void in an example title lol

But yeah, i mean thats the only thing i think can fix the problem at this point. Challenge league players can still enjoy their gear and characters but in a separate league from the two permanent leagues. This also gives GGG a bit of room with giving out more gear without it actually affecting the permanent leagues, while still getting thorough data for what is and isnt good content for the core game.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 23, 2016, 10:56:13 PM
That is possibly the most terrible idea ever to be made in creation.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
As time passes and a league gets older, people tend to ONLY want god-tier items and vendor-tier shit to be vendored inevitably. For standard league which is an ancient league, this is already a given.

Basically if you cannot COMPETE in this stable market, especially if you're a filthy casual or a new player, then you're better off playing leagues, thats one of the purposes of tempo leagues - fresh economy so everyone has the same level of opportunity to compete and gain wealth. They'd lose that key feature of new leagues If GGG kept the market on perma as unstable as it is on tempo ones because of this ridiculous 'durability' thing.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
Sometimes I feel that people delve so deep into discussions about economy, balance & power, that they forget this is still a video game and is meant to be enjoyable, not a pain in the ass.

Exactly that.

The 5-for-1 prophecy should become a permanent feature, easy to get. That would be a great item sink without taking anything away from players.

/E: Also, vendors could simply offer more than just some shards for uniques. Lots more shards, or chance orbs or whatever, depending on iLvl...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Last edited by SisterBlister on Jul 24, 2016, 6:48:06 AM
Really bad solution. Durability in other games are money sinks, nothing more, they dont destroy items. Usualy korean MMO upgrading item system is for destroying items (+x an item).

I would rather implement some viable and cool item sink in the game in form similar to the prophercy. Trade 5 uniques to get one random.

Other problem with POE economy is that most uniques are just junks that nobody uses anyway. Many items even good roll ones are junk, because economy is full with really high roll items.

There could be a system where you can destroy certain items to obtain new currency shards.
Get enough shards to craft new currency orb with will allow you to up single static of an item by one tier.
By certain items I mean items like uniques and rares that have for example minimum 5 options where avarange tier of them is minimum 3 or 2,5 or have 5 links or 6 links but are junk.
Simply the items where you have reaction "damn thats looks really good" but after checking the market price you see that its not worth to bother to sell it.
It would be good to make some "tier display" then on items or some mark that say how many shards it is worth so people wont be picking up every junk from the ground. Slowing up and teleporting back and forth to town is bad for the game expriance too.

This will effectivly remove items that are are not bad in rolls and allow people to have some slow but steady progress in their gear.

Edit: Every item should be able to be uped only few times by the new currency to protect the game from flood of superb gear. Making the process super slow would also work but it would feel worse for players.
Last edited by herflik on Jul 24, 2016, 5:43:30 AM
Seasons is the solution most ARPG's have for leagues getting all full of OP items, and it has other advantages on top as well plus it doesn't force people to lose their stuff.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Rakiii wrote:
If nothing it would bring fresh air and real challenge to the standard leagues.

I understand where you are coming from, and if leagues didnt exist I might even be with you on the idea, maybe.... But the reality is they have recognized the need for fresh air + real challenge, recognized the harm this does to a certain aspect of the player base and built the game to accommodate most people.

for fresh air and real challenge you have hardcore temp leagues. For simply fresh air you have softcore temp leagues and for neither of those where you can be an item collector, a terrible player, a dedicated long term self finder, a regular mapping dude who doesnt want fresh air or extra challenge etc they have standard league. Standards economy is not ideal, none of the leagues economies are ideal imo, but theres an aspect of it that has to be the way it is, its not going to change and its not going to provide fresh air or real challenge for people who have got to a certain level of wealth.

I completely get why you feel that way about standards economy, I have been worried about it myself recently too. Its not how I would go about it but that doesnt mean I completely disagree with what youre thinking. Something needs changed but I think the reality is that any gear you can regularly get will saturate and if you destroy peoples items you destroy the point of standard league in an attempt to turn it into something else that already exists in the other leagues.

Personally Im more concerned with why I feel the need to trade in order to keep playing and why when I trade I need to make so many trades. Mass trading of trivial shit might not be sustainable in standard by design but why does that have to be a problem? Thats for other threads though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info