[2.4 updates] Voltaxic Volley Fire Barrage Deadeye -- Well Barrage is now #1 Bow Skill

Played this build over the weekend. Really strong. The only thing thing different is I used a rare helmet with+2 enchantment to replace the rat's nest. Since the barrage enchant rat's is way out of my budget. Then I used the face breaker for the DPS. I think this is the best budgeting way for mid-level players.
Hey all, I wanted to share my CI version of this build using the well known Soul Ward combo. It trades a lot of projectile damage from the Deadeye and replaces it with a lot of defenses from the Occultist. Soul Strike takes the place of Drillneck, which knocks out another huge source of damage. Although the damage is greatly reduced from most of the posts I've seen in this thread, it is still high enough imo to feel enjoyable.

Some tradeoffs: Blood Rage can't be used, even with the high regen gained from Vile Bastion because it prevents ES recharge and invalidates the whole purpose of the build. Instead, Frenzy is used for charges and cursing, which definitely slows down the gameplay. Defenses are very high, so no need to get leech from tree or gear, just the one mana node is enough and points can be spent elsewhere (this would be a lot of travel nodes to Duellist wheel)

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

Some stats:
Level = 83, ES = 9.6k, Tooltip = 8k with 5 PC + 4 FC, Crit chance = 44% (+ perma Diamond Flask)

Note that: 1) I mostly forego projectile damage in my setup as I feel that I miss too many sources as I mentioned above, and have specced into curses and auras for more damage.
2) 6L will be used for either Inc Crit or Slower Proj (anyone have feedback on this choice?)
3) I am 99% solo self-found, so yes I know my chest is "shit" for a CI char, it is the best I have and will likely not be upgraded, but one could easily have a huge ES pool, or drop nodes for more damage
4) I chose to get dual curse on the tree rather than from my Ascendancy but I would like to know if this is best. If I did switch these, I would likely spec out of Unnatural Calm and the many travel nodes and put them into the Scion ES wheel
5) Crystal Belt is #1 on my To Get list, Atziri Flask is #2 (I haven't actually beat her yet despite playing for 3+ years)

Feedback, critiques, suggestions, praises welcomed. I would like to improve this build if I can, but again note that I am SSF so I am fairly gear limited, so trading for gear is out (I did trade for one VF jewel, but I will not trade to buy rares)
Last edited by totentanz on Nov 21, 2016, 5:31:41 AM
Why Rats? just wondering...Chaos dmg dont crit
Hello, I'd like to use this build for the upcoming breach league but got a few questions since im a bit of a scrub.

Do you have the talent trees for lower levels, since im not really sure what to go for (I saw that we want to activate volley early).

Also, in what order should you get the ascendancy talents?

Lastly, what flasks should one use?
Last edited by Rhaokraus on Nov 29, 2016, 2:27:18 AM
Seems it a nice build and I think i'm gonna try for Breach League as first char. It's viable?

Or should I go for a low budget build to get clearspeed + farm, first?
Having fun with the build so far. I'm in act 4 cruel of BHC league but I feel my damage is severely lacking at this point even with three volley fires active. Any tips???
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
So you need the volley fire jewel 3 times?
"
Having fun with the build so far. I'm in act 4 cruel of BHC league but I feel my damage is severely lacking at this point even with three volley fires active. Any tips???

What is your DPS at?

"
bwboy11 wrote:
So you need the volley fire jewel 3 times?

Yes. I seem to be doing just fine with 2 atm.
Is this build playable as Raider? i like the new raider.
Hey im wondering what i should run on a 5L voltaxic since i cant afford a 6L, i cant either afford the Cospri's will so i dont have poison, was wondering if the Dirty Techniques was worth to get the poison?
Or should i just run Poison in my 5L?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info