[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

Hi friends! some news for a 3.0 update? someone have a passive link?
Its my favorite build! TY
"
AlfreX wrote:
Hi friends! some news for a 3.0 update? someone have a passive link?
Its my favorite build! TY

Hello! I just updated first post. Added my Harbinger League character items and tree, some 3.0 changes and added new video (3.0 Sharper kill): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJ0TdH18oA

In 3.0 build has not changed much (no new items, almost this same tree) only some ES nerf (Infernal Mantle have now only 160% Increased ES, down from 230%). Sorry for absence. I Don't have much time to play PoE now :(
ty for the update mate!!!
Hello, i wanted to ask a few things:

1- I have done all the boss content in the game with my blade flurry character but now i wanted to level to 100 as my next game objective since i have never done it before, my BF build is way to easy to die with, great to kill bosses but not safe for maps, so can this totem build tank and be good for an objective like that?

2- it looks expensive but that is not a big problem but how well does the build work while you are farming for the gear? like using tabula rasa for the 6L or infernal mantel 5L ? can a Doryanis be better than using a wand? or maybe go for a dagger?

3- What stats should i focus on the rare items? like the most important.

4- CWDT is there a max level for each setup?

i think that's all really, you have a great guide with a lot of explanation :)

Thanks a lot in advance
Last edited by MadLaneX on Aug 22, 2017, 5:05:21 PM
"
MadLaneX wrote:
Hello, i wanted to ask a few things:

1- I have done all the boss content in the game with my blade flurry character but now i wanted to level to 100 as my next game objective since i have never done it before, my BF build is way to easy to die with, great to kill bosses but not safe for maps, so can this totem build tank and be good for an objective like that?

2- it looks expensive but that is not a big problem but how well does the build work while you are farming for the gear? like using tabula rasa for the 6L or infernal mantel 5L ? can a Doryanis be better than using a wand? or maybe go for a dagger?

3- What stats should i focus on the rare items? like the most important.

4- CWDT is there a max level for each setup?

i think that's all really, you have a great guide with a lot of explanation :)

Thanks a lot in advance

1 - Flame Totem is relatively safe to reach level 100 because You don't have direct contact in the fight, and You don't have to worry about reflect. I lvl up two character to lvl 99 with only Flame Totem, and my friend on legacy league reach lvl 100 playing only Flame Totem (this build).

Build is not so tanky but Totems have taunt, life leech to You and kill really fast (if You have 150k+ DPS per Totem). If You want lvl 100 I can safely recommend this build but You must learn how to play totems and like this style of play.

2 - It's not so expensive (You need Tukohama Fortess Shield, 6L Infernal Mantle and Gloves with Elemental Weaknes on Hit corruption or Atziri Acuity). Atziri Acuity really bost survability because of instant life leech (when You go to lvl100 i preffer Acuity gloves). Best option is Acuity with Elemental Weaknes on Hit (but it's almost impossible to obtain).
Infernal Mantle 5L is better than Tabula Rasa. Rare wand is better too than Doryanis (Flame Totem need Cast Speed, Crit Multipler, Crit Chance, spell damage too but not as much as mods above). Dagger is the best choice (because of Whirling Blades) but have less good mods for increased DPS. You need Cast Speed on Dagger (Essence of Misery) and Spell Damage, Crit Multipler to approach DPS to Wand. Good dagger is very expensive and You need 100+ dexterity to use Faster Attack (required support for Whirling Blades)

3 - Rare items = LIFE and Elemental resistance. You must have T1 life roll on all not unique items (Helm, Boots, Belt, Rings, Amulet...). Jewels (Clear mind + rare jewels with increased maximum life). Good to have 5% movement speed on belt(plus T1 life and many of elemental resistance). Diamond Rings with 70+ life, cast speed and some ele resistance. Amulet with 80+ life, 35%+ crit multi, 11%+ cast speed and free prefix to craft 20% ES.
Very important is Helm Enchant. I do not know how but you must have 30% Flame Totem projectile speed uber lab enchant. Is really useful for killing large pack of mobs. Projectile speed increase the range of Flame Totems.
Base stat for items:
Helm = ES (best is Hubris Circlet)
Gloves = ES or Armour
Boots = only Armour

4 - I prefer 2 x CWDT setup. First (4L) low lvl (max 7) to cast immortal call (to protect from fast and a lot small fast physical hits) + Inc duration + Curse (best is Temp chains).
Second higher lvl setup (3L or 4L) lvl 10+ to cast Phase Run (if You take a really big hit or many small hits in a short period of time) with Phase Run You just disapear and can pass through mobs to run away! In 3L CWDT + Phase Run + Inc. Duration. In 4L You can use Golem or Tempest Shield or second Immortal Call (remember Phase Run gem must be the last skill in CWDT chain).

If You want to go lvl 100 safer You can use tree with Blood Magic. I know Tukohama have Blood Magic and BM from tree is not required but near the BM keystone it's located many good life nodes. So with BM from Tree You have about 400 more life but less DPS.

For me best to lvl up (after lvl95+ when You really dont want to die because of lags, crash or something) is grind one or two maps with god layout and mobs density (Gorge, Shaped Shore, Shaped Atoll, Shaped Reef e.t.c.) Even without any mods (white or blue maps). You can do Atlas to drop only this maps with You wants. Or You can just buy 1000+ Gorge :)

I also have plans to get lvl 100 (now on standard lvl99 and 8%) with Flame Totem :)

Sorry for my bad english, I know I'm crippling? English language and I abuse the google translator.
Last edited by Lopi85 on Aug 23, 2017, 7:32:15 AM
Thanks so much for the help and for replying, i made a character today and i'm lvl 63 at the moment, i'm enjoy the play style, already got a Infernal Mantel 5 Linked, should i go for voidbringer gloves (Atziri Acuity are 20+ EX no way i can have that much haha it would take a lot of time) and maybe kaom's roots boots if i don't need the sockets and have good resists? i saw your friend character should i also get totem Mastery?, found it strange not getting it in the tree, and why does he use Lion Roars flask?

Guess i will use wands unless i find a better dagger, didn't want to use flame dash but guess i will have to, they should rework it XD

The Helm enchant i guess i will buy one maybe, my luck with uber lab is 0, never got an enchant for something i was using lol

Anyway you helped me a lot with so much detail, you are amazing :)
let's hope i can make the build proud and reach 100 hahaha

Last edited by MadLaneX on Aug 23, 2017, 9:17:59 PM
Viable as a hc starter? :)
Seems like a build that you can upgrade as you progress n stuff :)
Very nice build, im running a dual flame totem one but with elemental overload so without crit, reach lv 91 pretty easy and safe but now im starting to feel a wall, the guardian squish me very hard!

Probabily as soon as i have the currency (spent all for tuko and 6l mantle, i have 20c ç_ç) i will make the change and try this to kill those bastards and to try the shaper!

Last edited by Verofabio on Aug 30, 2017, 10:36:59 AM
What do you think of the Soul Tether belt instead of eldritch battery and mom. I figure it could free up some points and maybe make some sticky situations a little easier. (when you are being hit too often to recharge an es buffer)
Last edited by dimv2 on Sep 13, 2017, 8:54:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info