[3.1][ALL MAP MODS]End-Game Lazy Chieftain Flame Totem Build

Ok finally i respec (some days ago really) and this build is great!

I killed the guardians without problem, phoenix and idra done in my first time ever run! Minotaur take me 2 or 3 death while the chimera it's the only one who gave some major effort with the fog attack, but after a while i understand the mechanics of it.

Trying the shaper for the first time and left him with half life before death, but i think that with some experience i can done him as well.

I have 115k dps per totem (130k with atziri flask on), the only difference is that i use faster casting gem instead fire penetration and flame golem (for aesthetic purpose only lol)

My gear:

Last edited by Verofabio on Sep 28, 2017, 2:40:53 PM
Hi, would like to ask if crit really necessary? How will the build skill tree go if change to non crit flame totem build ?
How come you don't use elemental equilibrium? Seems like a good choice for 3 points?
"
ManseBanse wrote:
How come you don't use elemental equilibrium? Seems like a good choice for 3 points?

The totem will just keep reapplying EE, it just raises the monster resistance
"
KingKendrick wrote:
"
ManseBanse wrote:

So totems are not like minions who don't apply ee?
"
ManseBanse wrote:
"
KingKendrick wrote:
"
ManseBanse wrote:

So totems are not like minions who don't apply ee?

Yes totems are not like minions and they'll inflict EE. Here is DEV explanation:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19803/page/4

"
Totems/Traps/Mines don't have their own skills - they're linked to you and cast your spells, with your stats, just like you would, so they'll inflict EE if you have it.

This also applies to Flame Totem beacuse It's a Totem and functions exactly like a Totem.
Last edited by Lopi85 on Sep 27, 2017, 5:32:04 AM
"
Kino100 wrote:
Hi, would like to ask if crit really necessary? How will the build skill tree go if change to non crit flame totem build ?

No crit = different build.
No crit = about 5 times less DPS (with elemental overload too)
Just respec and working on gem lvls. How am I looking so far? Should I upgrade anything asap besides the obvious enchants and corrupts?

Also, how does this hold up in hall of grandmasters?
Last edited by Strad1975 on Oct 1, 2017, 10:44:47 AM
@Kino100
I'm running non-crit version (character Zbyszko_Ognistoręki),which Lopi85 has helped me to develop.So far it preforms well(today finished double-boss+temporal chains+some damage mod Colosseum,can run uber lab no matter Izaro's buffs),even with just 5L setup based on non-maxed gems.The only bosses I couldn't handle was Vaal Temple Trio with 34% more life,mainly because they killed my totems faster than I was able to summon them (and was unlucky at corrupting my Flame Totem losing 8% of quality)
However,I use some tricks to raise my DPS.
1st,Elemental Overload is a must.To trigger it I use Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased AoE/Item Rarity,along with bonus crit on Infernal Mantle,lab enchants of boots "+X% increased crit if you haven't crit recently" and Doryani mace that's enough to keep it running all the time.well this setup is so good that Lopi adapted it into his build as power charge generator.
2nd,I use an additional totem - Searing Bond.Backed just two damage supports it deals the same damage as one flame totem,and it is not hard to hit a boss with all 4 rays.

Made tests in Poebuilder,and with endgame gear (+1 all gems infernal mantle,lv 21/20 gems,empower lv4) the damage per single flame totem is estimated to be ~100k,and ~60k for Searing Bond.That should be enough for guardians and shaper.
Happy to see that this build is still surviving but i need to ask do you think your build is an improvement or just a variation on the OP's build?
At my current build lvl i have 94k per totem damage in my HO with light golem.
I wasn't a real fan of this build initially because op seemed to have access to jewels that never came up for sale but after 1-2 years i have managed to get some almost as good.
I do feel that Atziri's Acuity gloves are a must for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info