Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

I've never done an alt-f4. Of course, I've also never played HC. There must be analogy here about a beetle that doesn't even play HC liking to belittle HC players because he believes everyone complaining about labyrinth is because they don't know how to play and if they also play HC then the beetle belittles them because they use alt-F4. When people say that they don't like labyrinth because it is boring and they don't use alt-F4. The beetle just repeats that they need to learn how to play labyrinth so they would then like labyrinth and that he knows they really use alt-F4. The beetle is a genuine master expert on PoE in general and labyrinth specifically but doesn't seem to understand others very well.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

And this isn't about faith. Faith is for whatever godhood you believe in.
[...]
I am not saying it is mechanically bad per se, I am saying uber izaro is overdone in terms of dmg. His sword "reave" delivers about 7-7,5k damage (unbuffed) prior to any mitigation on the player's end.
[...]
I call BS on "all builds", I even call BS on "all end-game-viable builds". Summon spectre is end-game viable to the point of being able to kill uber-atziri comfortably and I've yet to see a spectre summoner that isn't completely overlevelled and overgeared do a successful uber-lab run.
[...]
You're trying to argue the obvious fact that the lab favours certain builds while it punishes others. That being said, this content is not balanced, and if it is not balanced, then it is not good design.
[...]
I know what bad game design is, this thread is dedicated specifically to just that. And what you call "bullshit builds" won't even make it to merciless Izaro or beyond, thus your point is invalid.
[...]
"
Fruz wrote:
- The time argument is a nonsense, going through the lab does not take a lot of time, and the learning process to go through it takes much, much, much less time that the crazy amount of knowledge needed to reach endgame and go through maps comfortably.

You're comparing apples and berries here, these two things have nothing to do with one another, unless we include uber Izaro in this equation.

- No.
You should look into what "bad faith" actually means.
Nothing to do with god there.

- "7-7,5k damage (unbuffed" :
Ok, so you have no clue what you are talking about, have you ?

- You call BS, but that might because ... well, see the previous point.
As an example, and this uber btw.
And you could easily use SRS, zombies or whatever to back up that specters.

- Everything in the games favours certain builds over some others, deal with it.
You can go through lab with any well built character.

- Bullshit builds cannot make it to merc Izaro ? Sure, if you spec into CI + MoM you won't .... but even very fucked up builds can reach a3 merc, since you can just throw yourself on any boss as much as you want.

- No.
I am comparing play time between game elements.
=> lab running time is not significant if you run it only once for the points, and if you fail at hit, you learn and get better ( or you forget the ascendancy points ), period.
You could also buy a carry, for whatever I care.
Uber Izaro is completely irrelevant here ( the spawn rate of the trials might be something GGG could look into, that's definitely debatable ).

And know calling the BS path finder argument ?

So teah, you really seem to have no clue about the lab in general.
You mentionning a "crit[...]vaal-pact" builds as something that cannot run the lab shows it even more lol, crit VP builds are among the best to facetank Izaro ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 18, 2016, 11:54:45 PM
I've added the following to the OP.

"
On page 49 of this thread Zaludoz posted some interesting information including a list 582 accounts that have posted in support of "fixing" labyrinth with thread starters marked in that list. He provides two additional lists of a little over a dozen accounts each which were the most common posters on both sides of the controversy. This analysis was done when the list was around 248 threads.

Some seems to have missed Zaludoz's analysis on page 49 of this thread because they keep repeating the 200 accounts number. That is the number of people starting threads. The number of people voicing support for fixing the labyrinth is over 582 in the Feedback and Suggestions forum.

I also note that the number of threads list has been updated to be over 260 threads now.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Zaludoz wrote:
Figured this list fits here best.

I went through the 240ish posts listed in this thread, as well as a few others I came across in both General Discussion and Feedback and Suggestions forums, trying to get a bit of perspective on the numbers of unique people posting. People keep saying only a few people dislike the labyrinth, or want change... and they throw around numbers like 5 or 9 people... got me wondering what it was really like. Also I was bored during downtime at work the past couple days, and felt it would be more fun to do this than play PoE (and it was!).

First, these 2 lists were of interest to me. Most of the threads were back-and-forth between these 2 lists of people. (My perception of "Actively", here, was posting in multiple topics on multiple pages of those topics, making up a bulk of the conversations)

Have been Actively For Change:
Spoiler
AceNightfire
Regulator
Pyrokar
Turtledove
ShaUrley
gibbousmoon
Albinosaurus
Prebornfetus
Zalhan2
The_Reporter
Siochan
joachimbond
dudiobugtron
Chadwixx

Have been Actively Against change:
Spoiler
goetzjam
sidtherat
dickhole_mcghee
morbo
tin_foil_hat
Fruz
Xtorma
Prisus
diablofdb
Emphasy
Telzen
Char1983
Shovelcut
mark1030
NeroNoah
PleiadesBlackstar

The next list of 582 different people posted in support of changing at least one aspect of the labyrinth, such as adding waypoints or adding alternative ascendancy options, or Posted that they find the labyrinth to be not fun, or tolerate the labyrinth, but don't like it, all the way to hating the labyrinth and want it removed asap. To reiterate: This is not a list of all "Lab haters", it's just people who were open to the idea of changing the Labyrinth. Many presented their own ideas, many just +1'd other's ideas or their feelings.

People in the list include the active ones above. I may have included names of people who have since changed their minds, or I may have missed some threads where others have commented about changing the labyrinth. I ignored posts simply about difficulty killing Izaro and the nightmare that is helmet enchants. The list is vaguely in alphabetic order (at least a's with a's, but after a while I got tired of alphabetizing and threads started blurring together) There were 131 thread starters that I took note of with a + after their names, but that was not the focus of my search, I wanted to see unique posters (most of whom did not post their own threads, and many times only posted 1 time on the subject on the boards at all).

Spoiler

_Eddi_ +
_Elminister_
_Emperor_ +
_ly
__Z__
_Zerk_
13aDa55
666lol666

Abime
aceCrasher
AceNightfire
ACGIFT
Actkqk
ainuayan
AkamuCZ
AkuTenshiiZero
Albinosaurus
AllanonTB +
Alternitus
amity_affliction
ampdecay
And1111
Andazeus
anteku
aonezu
argh444 +
Asheren
AntonChigur
Aparkhurst +
AttackDingo
Azraphael

badwolf97
bajanrasta
Bananaplasm
Baron01
Bars +
Baxta
BearCares +
Bhrino +
BIGLITRO
BlackChristmas +
BlackYoshi7
blainicus +
Blakwhysper +
blueeyedevil
boblivrogn
boesersven
Boomie
BoondockSaint
Borgese
BossdeMoss +
Bowman8763
Braindead1010562
brgillespie +
Brosinho
brunofrito
Brussel_Sprout
Bu3d +
buhdunkadunk
Buggsy2 +
bummmb
BurningHeart
Burmeister99
bwam
Bznga

CaliforniaPyro +
Catchafire2000
ccloaded
cdchi1
Celosar
CentauriSoldier +
Ceri
Ceryneian
cesmode
Chadwixx +
Chalcon
Cheekyct
Cherry9
cherrysbullet
ciknay
CMDPrompt1911
Coal48
Coloradoo
Constraint
CorranHorn
Corrivati +
cosey
creampuffed4u
Crusader_of_Sorrow
Culblade
cypronge
cyranorick

D623932883 +
daFalk
DaFinesse
Dajmstrut
dandyandy
Dark_Oring
Darkkrows
DarkPaladin4000
DarrkPhoenix
Darkrox
davidnn5 +
dcasez
DDseedFoot +
Deadmano +
DefiniteIntegral
degraga
Deleted +
(at least 3 separate deleted accounts, judging by forum avatars being different)
Deliverme
Demonzu
Derpey
Devonor
Dext88
Dezus
DiamondSnake
diegodgo87
DigitalDreams
dinobin
Diskonekted +
DJ10012016
dm_pindu
DoEFotGS
Dr1MaR +
DrDeathXII +
dragnar +
DragonsProphecy +
DrOwnage
Druga1757
drzpicu +
DS9
dudiobugtron +
dukediem +
dupie
Dupree0991
Durentis +
dyneol

e1337donkey
EastonWins +
EdgarFriendly
EKTELESTES +
Elafar
elbowfrag
Ellix +
Elua
empathise +
EnjoyTheJourney +
eNTi
Eon714
Eps1on
Eqmuraj
ericlh370
Essaydave
evinta
Excyis

fae76 +
fayt020 +
Ferumbrias
fesru +
Fhark
Finnien
Firestrike_O +
Fistaniderya
FixLabPLSGGG +
Fluffy_Puppies
fm1081
ForciblyBaptized
Frankthetank2688 +
FreedomOI +
frenrihr
FullCircle

Galanz +
Galtrovan
gandhar0
gathor
GeorgAnatoly
Getim
ggnorekthx
Gholaduncan
Giaocolam
gibbousmoon +
Gigaus +
GnGoons +
goodboymc
Gosen
grallo
greatwhitepine
grettyr
GroverMancer +
Grumlum
GrumpyMcElbows
guytmou
Gypsylullaby

h3xd
Hallstein
Hallthor75
Hannibus
HeavyFerrum
HeavyMetalGear +
Hatstick
Head_Less
HeliaXDemoN
hideouts
Holocaustus
HoneyBadGerMan
HudaZki
huetzer
Hyskoa

Iblisx
ibukix
IchiMorghulis
Icholas
IDeeCee +
ihasmario
ijsbeer149
Illuvatar_82
IMSilver (before degrading to Trump slogans)
innervation +
IronSteel
itsnukes86
ivkoto77777 +

Jackal1712 +
Jackinthegreen
jasonbgnh
Jaxxxson +
jcannonb
Jennik
Jeremy7600
JFC_Bass_Chant +
jfpforever
jhnsmth
jlt314
joachimbond
johnKeys +
johnolesen
Johny_Snow
jomtoy
Jonmcdonald
Juran_Fox
Josephoenix
Joyrock101 +
JusJev +
justinmm1988
Justnn +

k1rage
Kaemonarch
Kalidor
KallasAK
kangnnc
Karnikula
Kastmar +
Kavik_Kang +
Kavlor
kcstar
Kellog
Kelvynn
Khoranth
KieranGravebane
Kilsum +
King_of_Limbs
kingshok
Kiristo
Klausdawg
KnightCole
kogaratsu
kompaniet
KorganBloodaxe +
krakerman
krunchor
kumei +
kuukkeli

Ladylunar
Laminar_Flow1
LanPirot
laycast
leepoeaccount
Legatus1982 +
Legendaris
leonardorubin
lif44
lilninjaboi2317 +
lipejmr
Lorash
Lorem331
LosSalatos
LostForm +
lounas
Lukin
lugaluga
lunshea

madfellan
Madtank
MadPharmacist
MagicalMove
magicrectangle
Mal_function
MalakezDarnos
Manator
Manofdusk
Matacka
maxlmantis +
maxor
Meatball_Enthusiast
MeechKahn
Melmak +
MFairfax
MFJones
Miazga +
midget214 +
miljan
minik2
Miská
mlangwor
monsoonrider
Mooginator +
mop +
morterion
Mr_Cee
mrjoey523
MrMixez
MrTastix
mtw001
Muldeh
mynameisonlyforthegods +

nadakuu
nait2k4
narbays
Nayton
NekoHanten
neonive
Nick043
nickbesus
NinjaBean1337
NoahCannon
Nobake +
nodri
NoLifeMahouny
npavcec
Nssheepster +
ntall1

Oiranoiccid
old_joe
orsonstfu +
Oxix
oXu

pabrt
pajingtonn +
pandasplaying +
Panini_aux_olives
PapouilleMcLovin +
patirce
Paxmilitaris
Pendarric
penguinmaster +
pepe00ad
Petarded +
petewulf +
Phaeded
Phazero
Phearmark
Picksomecardz
Pie_Guy +
PipPipRoadRunner
Pizzarugi
Plaguerat313 +
Ptirodaktill
Punksob +
purebattle +
potato321
Poutsos
Prebornfetus
PrimordialDarkness +
Priory +
profeetta
Protanos
PsOfOs
Pwnzors87
Pyrokar

Quantume
qwertypimplekins
qwqwqw333_final

Ragnar119 +
RagnarokChu
Raila
Rakiii
Rangers +
Raverbunny
raxleberne
Rayzabladez
Razis +
RebornKing
Redfeather_1975
Regulator +
reliq +
rephikul
ressiv
RestInPieces +
Rich85 +
ricklington +
rictiln +
Risen90 +
RockGod
RogueMage
Roleplayer
RootCookie
rosshilge
RoyalStar +
rtdean
Ruefl2x
Ruinamalia
RulerOfChaos
RutRoh

saffranffs
SaiyanZ
Salkryn
Sardekar
SasoriOtoko +
saucefar2
SecondHead
SeedReaper
Seelenernter
selcuk +
Sephereen
SesdfgfM
SevenOfNine86
Severance2hBlade
sfangwb +
ShacoFinder +
Shadilinn_Vondead
Shadowfrostz
Shagsbeard
Shajirr +
shatojin +
shaunus
ShaUrley
ShawnV2
Shieldbreaker +
shinino
Shppy
Shredzilly
shoc +
sil222
SilencerX21
sinfoniantuba11
Siochan
silverdash
sikker
Skellimancer
sklipnoty
Skyblade799
Slayer_Tip +
Slider575
SmashingDungeons
SmokeBlunts
SnowCrash82
sofocle10000
Soliouss
Solonyx
soulpoetry
SpareTheRod1976
Splico
stalkingjackal
starlight7
stdcall
Sterett
StorgutBorsit
Stormnight
sublime234
SubZeroMG +
sucemab
SudianX
sumbodee +
Sunwolff
SupaMF +
sushiljindal +
suszterpatt +

Tajik13
Talamier +
Tarkoon
taumantis
TearOfTheStar
Temjiu
Tenembre
ThatsSoGoodman
The_Great_Alex
The_Reporter
The_Risen
The_Wuggly_Ump +
TheAnuhart
TheAshmaker
TheDeathX
thedestroyerofkids +
TheDiablo666
TheGoodBadWeird
TheLastZica
themozzer
ThenThereIsRime
ThePromise110 +
thormida
Thraellic
Tian_Yihao
tmaciak
ToBeSomebody +
Tobez0r13376
tobiazl +
Toqa
TorumDe2o
tostay
Toverkol
Toyah
toyotatundra
trav_dawg +
tree22beard
TreeOfDead
Treffnix
triggerhippy
Truper17
tryhardgg
tunderkiwi
Turtledove
TwoHits +

Ulrichvonbeck
Umbra_the_Wolf +
UncleHerm
UnderOmerta
UnlimitedPower2
unranked +
Upforsale
Uroborous

Vaalamity
Valkrei123 +
VashSan +
veildream
Vertal0
Verthurnax
Vesuvius079
Vhlad
VideoGeemer
Viralset
Vortextreme
VR_SZABOLCS

Waidaag
WARPAINTER
Warzone129 +
wavetrex
Wazz72
Weertangel
Weißenberg
whorm
Willemoesium
winterlude +
WiseGuard +
WizBlizz1994
Wp_blitzi +
wftico
wweeep
wyll

Xanin +
Xentec6
Xeroxoul
XibalbaL
Xirgu
xjjanie
xriegg

YellowMage
yungwhiz

Z_Fighters
ZaeN
zalfargia
Zalhan2
Zaludoz
Zaximus704
Zed93
Zee
Zephryl
Zeriph
Zims911
ZINIAO
zorroaster
Zrevnur

How am I not on any of the lists. I have posted very frequently against any major change of Lab with the only Change I would like being the change of trap damage from % to flat damage.

Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
Zaludoz wrote:
Figured this list fits here best.

I went through the 240ish posts listed in this thread, as well as a few others I came across in both General Discussion and Feedback and Suggestions forums, trying to get a bit of perspective on the numbers of unique people posting. People keep saying only a few people dislike the labyrinth, or want change... and they throw around numbers like 5 or 9 people... got me wondering what it was really like. Also I was bored during downtime at work the past couple days, and felt it would be more fun to do this than play PoE (and it was!).

First, these 2 lists were of interest to me. Most of the threads were back-and-forth between these 2 lists of people. (My perception of "Actively", here, was posting in multiple topics on multiple pages of those topics, making up a bulk of the conversations)

How am I not on any of the lists. I have posted very frequently against any major change of Lab with the only Change I would like being the change of trap damage from % to flat damage.

Hi Jgizle, Just today I made a copy of Zaludoz's big list and updated it. Your name is on that updated list, see OP. I can only assume that Zaludoz did not add you to any of his lists because he made his list prior to your posts on labyrinth?

edit: fixed embedded quotes (sorry)
Last edited by Turtledove on Oct 4, 2016, 11:35:14 PM
Problem with lab is that it's so huge - pretty much two acts upon itself - which causes a huge loss of time on any failed attempt.
PoE has a beautiful, rich, detailed world - you can really feel the skill which went into crafting it.
The game mechanics on the other hand leave much room for improvement.
"
Exilyth wrote:
Problem with lab is that it's so huge - pretty much two acts upon itself - which causes a huge loss of time on any failed attempt.

Does completing lab not feel rewarding enough for the time invested, or the challenge when you finally do complete it. I dont know any where else you can just open a chest and be handed red maps or a deck of divination cards. What about the enchants, some which are very valuable if you get them on meta uniques.

The reason it is big is simply because labyrinths are not small. The traps are there because labyrinths have traps, no one hoards their life savings in 1 location unprotected. There are no checkpoints or portals because it would cheese the entire experience by allowing you to easily refil flasks and vaal skills. Likewise it would allow you to bring bound keys that cant be stored in stash out of lab.

Tbh If I had to choose running 5-10 maps or an uber lab run, id run uber lab every time. What are the chances you get more than 5c from a map run. What are the chances you make your currency back from rolling a map. Uber Lab is superior in every way and because of that it is more difficult and time consuming, unless you make a character specifically to run Uber Lab.

Lets say they make it smaller, they would have to make Izaro harder. If they did that the rewards would have to be better to scale with the increased difficulty. Then no one would ever run maps cause lab would be so vastly superior in terms of making currency and getting good loot.

If they remove AC points from lab they trivilize content they spent so much time on and also allow easy to obtain power creep.

People want lab to be faster since everything else can be cleared fast. For that I say either make less traps or change trap damage to flat damage so many builds can just run through them.

People dont want to be forced to run lab to get AC points. For that I say tough luck.

People want checkpoints in lab. For that i say lab must be even harder than it is now to compensate for cheese mechanics and log out macros.

Any change that makes lab easier or faster to do needs to be balanced with increased difficulty somewhere else. Either making beating Izaro harder, or making getting to him harder.

Lab is fun because its rewarding content that isnt dependent on a currency sink for sustainability.
Mapping is based on sustaining maps, and sustaining maps is based on rng, which is only geared in your favor by running harder and harder maps. Until red maps where it is not rewarding at all. Lab requires no sustain of anything and is ALWAYS rewarding.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Oct 4, 2016, 11:27:55 PM
I would really like to know how many threads have been made on the topic of RNG-gated end-game content. I am pretty sure it is more than 260, have seen like 10 in the last two weeks only, and that is after buffing drop rates. Just for comparison.

Besides that, Uber Lab is indeed awesome, has the right length, strikes the right balance between hard and rewarding, you can adjust the challenge yourself. Some of the best content in the game. Only thing I would improve is to make the map chest a bit more likely (i've found 1 in about 50 chests I opened).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I would really like to know how many threads have been made on the topic of RNG-gated end-game content. I am pretty sure it is more than 260, have seen like 10 in the last two weeks only, and that is after buffing drop rates. Just for comparison.

I agree that it would be interesting to know this. So make the list. To perhaps give you a context for the effort involved, I probably have spent less than 20 hours, I'm sure less than 40 hours working on the list in the OP of this thread.
"
Turtledove wrote:
I agree that it would be interesting to know this. So make the list.

No, please don't. One cult is enough.

I've participated in negative feedback about RNG-gated endgame since early Open Beta. It's one of the most debated things on this forum. There have been thousands of threads & posts about it. Many people quit because of it, at least as a break from the frustration it cause(s/d) (me included).

The endgame changed quite a lot since OB, but in it's core it's still a RNG-gated currency sink. This will never change. And you should expect the Lab to never change, at least not in any drastic fashion.

The % traps are there for a reason, the gauntlets are there for a reason, the portal limitation & length is there for a reason. Do you want Ascension classes to be nerfed and become meaningless? - Because that would happen if Asc points would be "set free", as you guys put it in you other flagship thread.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Oct 5, 2016, 2:53:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info