Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

Distraction? What about the distraction of including resolved issues in the list of lab problems? Like the ones that complain about having to do the trials with each character? They changed it so you only have to do them once per league. So why are those threads included as proof the lab needs fixing? Or the damage CI characters take from traps? They changed it so those characters only take 60% of the damage they were taking before. There is still a valid argument for hybrid builds, but when your proof includes complaints that were addressed, it looks like you're trying to make it look like your trying to deceive people into thinking that 200 thread number means something. Somebody already showed that at least 20 of those threads were not from unique posters. (Maybe more but they stopped looking agter the first 130 threads). Now subtract out the ones that GGG modified the game to address. Stop dismissing scrutiny of all this "proof" as a distraction.

There are only three unique arguments I've seen in all those threads:
I hate traps (they don't belong in arpg, they are frogger, they do too much damage, etc.)
I hate getting killed by the boss (he hits too hard and one shots me)
Performance issues make it impossible (disconnects and fps are a problem).

The third issue is the only one that's not subjective and is truely something GGG should take seriously.

I've been playing for a long time. When Dominus was added, there were lots of complaints he was too hard. When Malachai was added, there were lots of complaints he was too hard. Everytime they add something hard, there are people complaining. Then when the next thing gets added, those complaints kinda go away. When the Act 5 boss gets added, people will have something else to complain about and the lab complaints will fall by the wayside.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
The list is the list of threads where the OP was discussing problems with the labyrinth. With the exception of threads where the OP was primarily concerned with Izaro or Enchants. I didn't include those two topics because I consider those two topics more "typical" complaints that one would expect from new content.

It is true that the ES problem with traps have been somewhat mitigated and some of the worst technical problems introduced in the release have been fixed. I consider those thread very important to the overall picture because in my view labyrinth and the release was horribly designed and poorly tested. Those problems are obvious supporting examples of that point of view. While GGG has fixed some of the problems, there are still more that need to be fixed.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
mark1030 wrote:

I hate traps (they don't belong in arpg, they are frogger, they do too much damage, etc.)

The third issue is the only one that's not subjective and is truely something GGG should take seriously.

Don't forget the fact that their failed idea to shoehorn racing into the damn thing means they had to dumb down what it could have been to fit within that constraint.

Also, though this is admittedly subjective, the points are too powerful to be as easily obtained as they are. Imo that's where this 'I want points easier' entitlement comes from. GGG should have designed them to be a long term aspiration so people wouldn't feel entitled to them, like people don't feel entitled to top tier uniques. If they didn't have to make the lab easy enough to race they could have done this.

The lab as designed does fail on many levels unfortunately.
"
Turtledove wrote:
The list is the list of threads where the OP was discussing problems with the labyrinth. With the exception of threads where the OP was primarily concerned with Izaro or Enchants. I didn't include those two topics because I consider those two topics more "typical" complaints that one would expect from new content.

It is true that the ES problem with traps have been somewhat mitigated and some of the worst technical problems introduced in the release have been fixed. I consider those thread very important to the overall picture because in my view labyrinth and the release was horribly designed and poorly tested. Those problems are obvious supporting examples of that point of view. While GGG has fixed some of the problems, there are still more that need to be fixed.

So you purposely listed threads that were no longer relevant in the attempt to make the issue seems larger then it was?

GGG only has their internal testers, they can't really do alpha test for content like the lab and get "good" feedback or as good feedback as you would like because then people complain they get an unfair advantage. Lets also consider that it wasn't a whole new act level of content, to warrant spinning up the whole beta realm again.

I guess they did give some streamers like a week to play on the lab, but many of the issues weren't really discovered because people don't do es builds in alpha, because they lack the gear to do so and technical issues are more likely to happen with people that have spotty connections or worst machines, aka not streamers.

However, disagreements with the design of the lab isn't a "valid" complaint, calling it frogger or whatever you want isn't a valid complaint. It is simply your point of view and one that may NEVER be addressed.

Issues are ones that aren't objective, ones that are clearly an issue that is based on fact or situation, not options.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Don't forget the fact that their failed idea to shoehorn racing into the damn thing means they had to dumb down what it could have been to fit within that constraint.

Also, though this is admittedly subjective, the points are too powerful to be as easily obtained as they are. Imo that's where this 'I want points easier' entitlement comes from. GGG should have designed them to be a long term aspiration so people wouldn't feel entitled to them, like people don't feel entitled to top tier uniques. If they didn't have to make the lab easy enough to race they could have done this.

The lab as designed does fail on many levels unfortunately.

Long term aspiration doesn't work in this game though.

1) because this game is designed for temp leagues

and

2) This game has went from a hardcore style arpg game to one in which you play while watching tv apparently.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Long term aspiration doesn't work in this game though.

1) because this game is designed for temp leagues

and

2) This game has went from a hardcore style arpg game to one in which you play while watching tv apparently.

/sadface
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:50:51 PM
"
However, disagreements with the design of the lab isn't a "valid" complaint, calling it frogger or whatever you want isn't a valid complaint.

It absolutely is valid, and you have not shown why it wouldn't be. Your whole shtick is just saying that Lab hate is invalid. And you call them entitled. Disgusting.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
all 3 of my real life friends who never touch the forums all fucking hate the lab, myself included, I'm just the one that posts on the forums all the time.

and inb4 blah blah sample size blah blah blah, I dont care, lab is fucking garbage. save it for someone who cares because I dont
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Jul 22, 2016, 2:27:57 PM
"
ampdecay wrote:
all 3 of my real life friends who never touch the forums all fucking hate the lab, myself included, I'm just the one that posts on the forums all the time.

and inb4 blah blah sample size blah blah blah, I dont care, lab is fucking garbage. save it for someone who cares because I dont

And your opinion counts because you have GGG donation support titles under your name! (This is a ridiculous statement. I'm just pointing out how silly the trolls are when they make the argument that people's opinion doesn't count if they don't have a support title.)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info