Chat Improvements in 2.3.2

"
Paldamus wrote:
Also a reply function would be good, so you don't have to right click their name etc.

strg + enter automatically uses the last name that messaged you for the answer.
thats real neat

make an alternate end game to maps

make maps drop at any tier

dont do either of those im never playing again
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
HAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHA.
Management 1 0 1.

Make some shit then correct it. It makes people "happier", more "satisfied", that if you actually had dome your job right from the start.

L O L @ people "thanking" GGG for doing basic shit.

Exactly.
We should always act like someone shat in our plate, just so the developer would know their rotten tricks will not work.
Real trade dialogue:

@---> randomperson1: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
The specified character does not exist.

@---> randomperson2: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@<---: That character is not logged in

@---> randomperson3: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@<---: This player is AFK

@---> randomperson4: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson5: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson6: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson6: Hi?

@---> randomperson7: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@<--- randomperson7: in lab run can't trade

@---> randomperson8: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson8: hi?
@<--- randomperson8: mapping on standard atm not swapping leagues sorry

@---> randomperson9: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson10: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@<--- randomperson10: offer
@---> randomperson10: I will pay the buyout
@<--- randomperson10: nty

etc
etc
etc

@---> randomperson42: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson43: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson44: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@<--- randomperson38: OK, my ho
@---> randomperson38: ty ty glhf

@<--- randomperson43: sure, ho
@---> randomperson43: sorry I just bought one
@<--- randomperson43: impatient copy/paste spammer, waste my time!
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jul 15, 2016, 1:06:47 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Real trade dialogue:

Yup, that pattern is all too familiar. And I usually do /whois and see that they're in the Aspirant's Trial (lab), or somewhere else they really wouldn't want to leave. For abundant items, gems, etc., this isn't too much of an issue, but when there's only a handful of people selling an end-game item, it becomes Mission Impossible: Trading.

GGG really needs to get offline trading working from at least the Premium Tabs with trading enabled. Not only will that stop all of the market manipulators, it will also let the more casual of us actually sell things when we're not logged into the game the other 20-22 hours of the day.

So GGG, I hope you're listening to the feedback so far? I certainly thank you for small fixes like this chat change, but we need a huge fix to trading, and we need it soon!

Offline trading via tabs: what this would solve...

1.) Reduce trading frustration of all users
2.) Let casual players sell items for a change
3.) Greatly reduce market manipulation and price gouging
4.) Improve the community's respect for one another by reducing PM insults and complaining
5.) Make the market more competitive, for both buyer and seller (a good thing)
6.) Strengthen the in-game economy overall
7.) Encourage players to roll new characters more often than before

Any one else have any more to add to that list?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Nice.

Kek
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
Spoiler
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
Real trade dialogue:

Yup, that pattern is all too familiar. And I usually do /whois and see that they're in the Aspirant's Trial (lab), or somewhere else they really wouldn't want to leave. For abundant items, gems, etc., this isn't too much of an issue, but when there's only a handful of people selling an end-game item, it becomes Mission Impossible: Trading.

GGG really needs to get offline trading working from at least the Premium Tabs with trading enabled. Not only will that stop all of the market manipulators, it will also let the more casual of us actually sell things when we're not logged into the game the other 20-22 hours of the day.

So GGG, I hope you're listening to the feedback so far? I certainly thank you for small fixes like this chat change, but we need a huge fix to trading, and we need it soon!

Offline trading via tabs: what this would solve...

1.) Reduce trading frustration of all users
2.) Let casual players sell items for a change
3.) Greatly reduce market manipulation and price gouging
4.) Improve the community's respect for one another by reducing PM insults and complaining
5.) Make the market more competitive, for both buyer and seller (a good thing)
6.) Strengthen the in-game economy overall
7.) Encourage players to roll new characters more often than before

Any one else have any more to add to that list?

I've read GGG's position on this is to not make upgrading items too easy, which honestly, is kinda dumb. Seems that was the major reason for not having offline trade which, personally, I think is a great idea and is sorely needed. I've played many games where trading was done offline, and payment came in the form of a mail system or w/e and that seemed to work well. Anyways, just adding my 2 cents.
Dramatisation :D

Edit: But seriously, I feel like people go overboard when they explain their trade exp. I play in league hc and even now I have to go through I dunno 2-4 trades at max to get what I want unless it's a very specific item.

I'm guessing this is a sc, sc league problem? I even listened to the most recent podcast and I dunno just seems like their making it seem bigger than it really is, maybe I'm just lucky with trades *shrugs* can't always be lucky with trades so something is up.
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Jul 15, 2016, 2:23:14 PM
"
Bobvans wrote:
I've read GGG's position on this is to not make upgrading items too easy, which honestly, is kinda dumb. Seems that was the major reason for not having offline trade which, personally, I think is a great idea and is sorely needed. I've played many games where trading was done offline, and payment came in the form of a mail system or w/e and that seemed to work well. Anyways, just adding my 2 cents.

That would certainly be a silly reason, if GGG really did opt to avoid offline trading because of that? Because this only rewards most hardcore players who're able to play all of the time, and hence trade at any time. So that's feeding the 1% while starving the rest of their player-base.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Vhlad wrote:
Real trade dialogue:

@---> randomperson1: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
The specified character does not exist.

@---> randomperson2: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson3: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson4: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson5: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson6: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson6: Hi?

@---> randomperson7: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson8: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson8: hi?

@---> randomperson9: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@---> randomperson10: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@<--- randomperson10: offer
@---> randomperson10: I will pay the buyout
@<--- randomperson10: nty

etc
etc
etc

@---> randomperson42: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson43: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)
@---> randomperson44: Hi, I would like to buy your XX listed for Y currency in Prophecy (stash tab Z)

@<--- randomperson38: OK, my ho
@---> randomperson38: ty ty glhf

@<--- randomperson43: sure, ho
@---> randomperson43: sorry I just bought one
@<--- randomperson43: impatient copy/paste spammer, waste my time!

I.. don't believe you.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info