"
DoubleU wrote:
"
vio wrote:
current system is pretty clear,

@ is the player

if the arrow pointed to the player @<- it was a incoming message
if the arrow pointed away from the player @-> it was a outgoing message

feeling like a nerd among casuals by realizing this was a problem to most ...

Is that what this is about?

mainly, yes.

time stamps are nice although not really needed because if you missed a trade you will always come back to the player to ask if he's still interested.

the better information here would be if the player is still online and not afk/dnd so that i know whether it's worth typing some text.

---

the color changes can bring up more problems than they solve as many people have problems identifying colors. it heavily depends on the colors they use.

the useful change is that they cut off the guild name as it substantially cluttered the screen. but even then, there are guilds out there which raise an eyebrow among dedicated players, this warning is now gone.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
So this is all well and good, but I have to ask...

It was only a week or 2 ago that chris posted on reddit that he "signed off" on these chat improvements. So if it took such a negligible amount of time, why wasn't this done years ago!?!!?
Last edited by Aziraphale on Jul 15, 2016, 3:48:24 AM
I call this fake news! There is no such thing as an Oasis map... :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 15, 2016, 3:57:47 AM
This is quite ridiculous honestly. The only, and I mean only, reason we apparently had a problem with the arrow system was because there was an arrow system. Who forgets if they typed the msg or if the person (whose name is next to the msg) typed it? Because there were these stupid arrows it became unnecessary complicated... before you get to the msg sent or received you see this arrow @-->.

"Why is there an arrow next to that @ sign?! What the hell is going on? Oh that is the msg I typed so I will ignore the meaning behind the arrow because it is completely unnecessary."

All anyone ever needs is the name of the person they are talking to, if they then struggle with if that is their msg or not then that's an issue you can't solve GGG.

The timestamps are nice, if they are a choice. The removal of the guild tag not so much, but also if it's a choice I'm fine with that.

And after that rant I'd like to say that I still love this game :)
Last edited by ElGordo on Jul 15, 2016, 4:10:04 AM
"
ElGordo wrote:
Who forgets if they typed the msg or if the person (whose name is next to the msg) typed it?

there are other message boards where people post screenshots of discussions and for people there it was too hard to get the difference between @<-- (from) and @--> (to)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Good to see something like timestamps after yrs of waiting.

I hate coming back from being afk possibly for half a day and then having to figure whose messages might still be worthy replying to.
But i have to admit that for a for a 5 min job its taken a bit too long for my tastes just as someone mentioned before.

Still thx a lot for that going to make things more comfortable and comfort is one of the main things lacking in the game as far as im concerned.

Not going to debate about the other changes/improvements before i actually tried it in a few situations myself.

Seems better than before at least and could get changed or improved again at any time if its not.

Now im just waiting for a way to finally turn on and of your 500 public tabs for trading.
And no im certainly not talking about 1 by 1 manually.
Each time you switch leagues for as much as 5 minutes and want to avoid being spammed about trades in the league you just left... yeah gl spending 20 min on this stuff first.
Just add a damn button to make it 1 click already thats just another 5 min job.

Thx in advance for that one already.

Sometimes i really start to wonder if posting more regular just asking for improvements would make sense.
But i always kept telling myself plenty other people out there are posting anyhow and play the same game with same problems.
Should be plenty of people that already pointed out the same stuff i had in mind
Would it be possible to have this new chat format as an option? Although its really cool and useful it does look like it takes up quite a bit of space in the chat box and speaking only for myself, I dont really mind the format we have at the moment. Maybe have the time stamps as an option to be checked off or have it as additional text for both the time stamp and the to/from. Either way great improvement, its gonna help a lot with keeping track how long its been since someone asked something, never miss a sale again!
Last edited by XxAkitoxX on Jul 15, 2016, 4:59:00 AM
"
And now remove lab/trials and we have a great game.

Ahah ) Just my thougts !
Good, chat improvements were needed.

So while you are at it, maybe you could take a look at ingame social screen as it needs some work.

- What is needed the most is ignored players list. Right now we can't even check who and why we ignored.
The best solution would ba a one similiar to the friends list, and increased limit of people ignored would be nice too.

- For the party list you could add some indicator showing us if we're playing with someone we ignored. Something like a red frame around portrait would do the trick.

- For a frineds list you could allow us to create a custom groups to help us organise it
Last edited by EvilPayaso on Jul 15, 2016, 5:06:45 AM
Yay, finally moving on with chat improvements. Next will be guild stash improvements coming in 2018! Also person responsible for "different" message colors must be taking a piss here. Seriously was it too hard to make them differ a bit more? Nah, two shades of purple is fine.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info