Medallion Race Season Details

Thank you!!!

I'm so ready to race. It's been so long I think I forgot how. Oh wait, I remember now - go fast, really really fast.

I don't know what some of these races are, but I guess I'll find out. As usual it looks like something for everyone.
Cutthroat. YESSS.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
DarkenLord wrote:
I wanted to go for Voll's so much but with college and RL stuff AND the bugs and dcs since 2.3 there's no way I can run for 1000 points =/

EDIT: I also think there should be more events and even more points on each one of them. I can't fit my RL to do only racing and go for the Top reward, with more events or more points to them I could use the time I have to play to go for that. In fact, the Seasons usualy go from 10 - 70 guys /gals reaching 1000, considering the number of players I see this as a sign that something is wrong. We enjoy the races but the schedule and the rewards system could use some rework.

The entire pointsystem is designed in such a way that only a limited number of people can attain certain point tresholds. It is not meant that everyone can get all the rewards. It is STILL a competition after all. These tournaments ARE NOT LIKE challenge leagues where everyone takes it for granted to get all the achievements.

These seasons it is also much, much easier to get points than back during open beta seasons.

EDIT: The 48 hour Solo-Self Found race is scheduled on 12 August. Great news. I can at least participate in that one.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jul 11, 2016, 4:55:46 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
DarkenLord wrote:
I wanted to go for Voll's so much but with college and RL stuff AND the bugs and dcs since 2.3 there's no way I can run for 1000 points =/

EDIT: I also think there should be more events and even more points on each one of them. I can't fit my RL to do only racing and go for the Top reward, with more events or more points to them I could use the time I have to play to go for that. In fact, the Seasons usualy go from 10 - 70 guys /gals reaching 1000, considering the number of players I see this as a sign that something is wrong. We enjoy the races but the schedule and the rewards system could use some rework.

The entire pointsystem is designed in such a way that only a limited number of people can attain certain point tresholds. It is not meant that everyone can get all the rewards. It is STILL a competition after all. These tournaments ARE NOT LIKE challenge leagues where everyone takes it for granted to get all the achievements.

These seasons it is also much, much easier to get points than back during open beta seasons.

EDIT: The 48 hour Solo-Self Found race is scheduled on 12 August. Great news. I can at least participate in that one.

you don't really undestand the points of those who are complaining.
Event rewards only 0.1% of the attendees , and since only like 5-10 thousand players actually participate racing, so you basically providing satisfaction for 10 players.
You can keep the crap that you play for fun, fun is just playing the game. It's not how it works. You play to get something, otherwise the motivation is missing. Since there is no motivation for the rest, i hope creating a race season is completely without need of development, otherwise these resources are not well spent. Maybe they would be, if the rewards model would be different.

And that's the point!
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Seriously? Put a race season with finally interesting rewards from first to last item in the middle of summer time when majority of people takes vacations... The schedule problem is still not solved and now make it even better to put it to this time of year... I would rather skip the race season with promise of finishing the asynchronous racing...
"
Marxone wrote:

you don't really undestand the points of those who are complaining.
Event rewards only 0.1% of the attendees , and since only like 5-10 thousand players actually participate racing, so you basically providing satisfaction for 10 players.
You can keep the crap that you play for fun, fun is just playing the game. It's not how it works. You play to get something, otherwise the motivation is missing. Since there is no motivation for the rest, i hope creating a race season is completely without need of development, otherwise these resources are not well spent. Maybe they would be, if the rewards model would be different.

And that's the point!

If you need top rewards shoved in your hands for minimal effort, simply to get motivated to race, chances are high you are not really enjoying the racing aspect anyway and you are just in it for the gain. (Like those overpaid soccer players who can't dedicate themselves during a tournament for their own bloody country.)

There are also some players who race simply because they like doing it. When I come back from vacation, I will pick and choose which races I'll attend. I'll get points and I'll get rewards but there are simply a really nice trophy for me.

What would you propose as reward model?
Heart of Purity

Last edited by Reinhart on Jul 11, 2016, 5:38:34 AM
"
Marxone wrote:
You can keep the crap that you play for fun, fun is just playing the game. It's not how it works. You play to get something, otherwise the motivation is missing.

I race because I like it. The point system and prizes are only a way to keep score. If there were no points or prizes I would still race. I think a lot of other racers would too. I'm only a mediocre racer, but it's still about competition. I race to win every race I run. For me, top ten in class is winning. It means I ran a good race. If I make #10 in class, it means I beat the guy who was #11, and if I just raced a little better I could beat the guy at #9. Or if I'm #250 it means I beat the guy who was #251. This is why I like synchronous races - the competition.

Also something people seem to ignore is random prizes. Even if you are in it for prizes, the randoms prizes far outnumber the prizes for points. You don't need to reach 1000 points to get a ton of prizes.
Nice new season, hype is real

For me, i would like to accumulate points through out the seasons probably. Get rid of the seasonability in sense as it is. Only the rewards would be kept for a month or so, then cycled. I could play 5 seasons and then acquire a nice item for 1000 points. It would be more motivating than it is right now.

As I mentioned in previous posts, i find posssible to attend around 40-50 races if I really wanted to submit to the schedule for my time zone (CET, so there are quite a lot compared to some others) For my, averaging 5 points per race (yes, i am scrub on average, got few top 10s in the old days) I can look at rewad around 200-300 points. And thre is no motivation. Items with alternative arts .. please ... i want something valuable.

I liked the crafting ilvl 100 bases. Now they are gone. But i raced before the temp leagues, so now there is not much point to it.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:

As I mentioned in previous posts, i find posssible to attend around 40-50 races if I really wanted to submit to the schedule for my time zone (CET, so there are quite a lot compared to some others) For my, averaging 5 points per race (yes, i am scrub on average, got few top 10s in the old days) I can look at rewad around 200-300 points. And thre is no motivation. Items with alternative arts .. please ... i want something valuable.

1) Why all the trouble then? Don't race if you don't have the motivation for it. No one forces you to do it.

2) What do you mean with 'something valuable'. What do you intend to do if you get your hands on that 'something valuable'?
Heart of Purity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info