Medallion Race Season Details

i like the 48hour self found. more self found events pls!
Looks like everybody in here has his own opinion about racing and thinks his is the best.
My best result in racing so far was little over 500 points. I spent a lot of time on racings, changing my sleeping time etc. to participate in racings as much as possible. From every race I was collecting points (sometimes 2-3, sometimes 5-15 and more). There is NO WAY to get 1000 points if you are working for 8 hours per day, need to have a time for family/friends, sleep. You can get 1000 points in this case ONLY if you are very good in racings (finishing them almost all time in top 10). Deal with it... or become no-life xD

Little addon:
Very motivating for me is that season after season I'm collecting more points. Try to watch some replays from best racers, get some tactic skills from them, learn your class character and practice. RNG is important too, but your skills are most important. Good luck.
Last edited by Placek_Plackowsky on Jul 11, 2016, 12:46:21 AM
Holy toast is there anything you people won't complain about? This race season looks awesome and includes multiple things people have been asking for. "Waaaaah I can't win the ultra-rare hard to get top prize because I can't no life the game." Every game has aspects like that. Real life is like that. Do you complain irl about the person who can put in overtime at your job b/c they don't have to pick up their kid from soccer at 6 PM?

What other game is this expected of? You don't get to be world first to down Boss X in WoW if you can't no life the game. You don't get to be world second, third, or fourth either. You're not getting invited to join TSM in League of Legends playing 5 games a week. Like wtf.

Just to pick an example at random, I searched for 'Mistress of Flame Kill' races in the schedule. SEVEN of the first TEN are at different times. If you want to experience what this race is like, I think you'll be able to find one that fits your schedule without having to adjust any of your plans.

Do you people go to the organizers of the NYC Marathon and say "hey I know the marathon starts at 9 AM on Tuesday, but that's super unfair cause I can't train as hard as everyone else, or make it downtown that time. So you should let me compete with everyone else, but let me run the race at my house, on my treadmill, at a time of my choosing. Oh and I can start and stop whenever, but I'll log the time and let you guys know how it goes!"

Unbelievable.
Yeah man. This is EXACTLY like the NYC Marathon. What a ridiculous comparison lol

For me, I'm just looking to get a few good ones in. Couldn't give a rats arse about the prizes or points or who's winning or losing what.

Get real.
I have almost 5000 hours played, I don't know who the fuck the Mistress of Flame is
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We've added boss-kill events for killing Izaro as well as boss-kill events for Descent and Descent Champions.

I see a mistake there, as there aren't any Descent races listed. Something coming in a future season it seems. :)

10x DC Gravicius Kill
2x DCO Gravicius Kill
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 11, 2016, 1:59:53 AM
With my average per race 5 points, i would have to do 200 races to get Volls Devotion. In my time zone i can attend only 40-50 races without giving up on work or sleep.
That's not very encouraging.

The rest of the rewards are no rewards at all. Just some dumbster trash amulets. Not even crafting base in reward.

pass, like on the other last 12 seasons since nothing has changed.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
- PLEASE no lab races. there are daily lab-race events. for those masochists who like that. PLEASE spare racers with lab-runs and Izaro kills.
If you failed at making the lab-race events work, don't dump your s**t on the race season!

- no common theme to the season (only to the prizes)
- too many "burst" events
- too many boss kill events
- wtf is Mistress of Flames?

+ well, have a plus for at least finally bringing that promised race season. But it is a very small plus, because it does not look at all tasty and this announcement post from bex seems super un-hyped. Don't you want to encourage people to play?
"
Yeah man. This is EXACTLY like the NYC Marathon. What a ridiculous comparison lol

A comparison examines two or more different objects and assesses their similarities. That's not the same thing as calling two things exactly the same. You're gonna have to pick one of those two things to call it - my original comparison can't be both. (pro tip - it's a comparison)

To wit:

Both are races featuring individual racers covering long distances (one in space, one in time), with rewards commensurate to finishing positions (the most exclusive of which are reserved for the first place finisher). Finishing in the top 20 of either requires research, training, practice, lots of time invested throughout the process, focus, and determination.

"
For me, I'm just looking to get a few good ones in. Couldn't give a rats arse about the prizes or points or who's winning or losing what.

Get real.

Get real? Here's a reality check: https://www.pathofexile.com/seasons

If anyone's free time is so limited that they can't 'get a few good ones in' across 4 weeks of races, then their expectations are unreal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info