Medallion Race Season Details

Too hot in my part to play: |
"
Hogaric wrote:
Monday 25th

There is a race 3PM for me (One Hour Solo (MDV016) )

Then, there is a huge gap and the next race only happens 6pm (Act 2 Dominus Kill (MDC017) )

That is why I stopped playing races a long time ago. The schedule has too many gaps and we end up having to plan our real life around a video game if we ever want to attend those events.

Please fill the whole thing with races. There is no reason to have all these holes in the middle of it.

+1 Fill the gaps please so races are fare all around the world
"
Hogaric wrote:
Monday 25th

There is a race 3PM for me (One Hour Solo (MDV016) )

Then, there is a huge gap and the next race only happens 6pm (Act 2 Dominus Kill (MDC017) )

That is why I stopped playing races a long time ago. The schedule has too many gaps and we end up having to plan our real life around a video game if we ever want to attend those events.

Please fill the whole thing with races. There is no reason to have all these holes in the middle of it.

Have to agree. Currently, the only way to reasonably compete for top season prize is literally to be a no-lifer.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I wanted to go for Voll's so much but with college and RL stuff AND the bugs and dcs since 2.3 there's no way I can run for 1000 points =/

EDIT: I also think there should be more events and even more points on each one of them. I can't fit my RL to do only racing and go for the Top reward, with more events or more points to them I could use the time I have to play to go for that. In fact, the Seasons usualy go from 10 - 70 guys /gals reaching 1000, considering the number of players I see this as a sign that something is wrong. We enjoy the races but the schedule and the rewards system could use some rework.
Last edited by DarkenLord on Jul 10, 2016, 10:54:49 PM
The alt-art Voll's Devotion... I want it so bad...
Last edited by Edotee on Jul 10, 2016, 10:47:21 PM
For the 48 hour Solo-Self Found race, will we get the full 48 hours of logged play time, or is that event only for a 48 hour real time period?

Many of us with jobs, school, kids etc. are lucky to get a couple hours per day, so for a cool event like that it would be nice to get the full 48 hours.
"
We've added boss-kill events for killing Izaro as well as boss-kill events for Descent and Descent Champions. This means your racing success will depend on how quickly you killed the designated boss instead of the traditional experience gain goals.

Does this mean the time will not be taken from the "start" of the race event for each particular boss kill?
Since people are quoting me I would like to add that if we had more races people could jump in during the normal time they hop on their PCs. This would make racing less competitive overall (especially the ones during odd times) but it would create local competition for races.

What I mean by local competition is that some races would still be competitive within themselves because there are players that naturally play around the time of those races. We could have people saying things like "I always win the 2pm race but there is a guy who plays on the 4pm race that is a beast and always beats me".
Last edited by Hogaric on Jul 10, 2016, 11:01:50 PM
The race season should stay the same as it has always been. There have obviously been many changes made since the first season good and otherwise. The inclusion for the 24 hour race gives you 100 points on the past 2 seasons. This helps a lot on the way to 1,000 points. I would like the season to go back to 155 events like it has been for the past 2 seasons. Dropping back down to 125 events is harder, but of course I haven't seen all the event's point system yet. It well may be made this time to have less events as you could more easily attain points. It clearly averages out to 8 points per race for the top prize. The past few seasons GGG changed the rules for not losing all points on death. This allows you to play more at your fullest without such a severe punishment. The reason the events are staggered are so you can rest between races, and have a chance for RL in between the races.

I disagree with the idea posed to make the season set for each region. Per region would cause too many issues (especially with people playing in their region, and other regions to get more prizes like the PvP seasons for EU and US). This game is played worldwide. Times for the races could be good or otherwise depending on your time zone. If you can't play enough to get the prize, then that's on you. I have been playing since season 9, and attained the top tier prize the past 2 seasons. It has been hard, but I believe an average player can get it done. I missed many races, and still made it happen. I had to get better, and that is what the game is about. Learn from your mistakes, and become a better player.

I always marvel at those that post during the beginning of a season, and never play a single race. I would take more weight to anyone's argument if they actually played more than a few races in the past few seasons. With all the changes over time I honestly don't believe anyone can make a reasonable argument unless they have current experience. That goes not for this game, but for all things in life.

Race seasons are supposed to be fun. Prove yourself against all others that join that race across the world, and earn prizes while you are at it.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
Last edited by Snapfire on Jul 10, 2016, 11:50:53 PM
Pick one of the two:
- Either make asynchronous ALL races
- make races every hour where player can join a limited number of it every day.

Races would have more success like that.

A video game should never have priority over IRL ==> hence not racing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info