Pvp Tier list

"
"
The only WI I remember is Tommie's, but I only fought his when I did all of 800/impact, and that isn't a lot.

idk but I'd say icestorm was more of a fad in pvp, I got maybe one or two people into it, but not everyone can pull it off very well. I can't even say I pull it off well.

As for it being costly, my gear's maybe like, 10ex total? Maybe a bit more, idk. Shit, maybe it IS kinda good...

//EDIT: Ahfack, if they got rid of AoE overlap and tuned down the secondary damage and made it so you had to stack them again, then EA would be acceptable lol

Yeah sadly I haven't played that char in a very long time, although that build had(/has?) great potential, but this was pre ascendancy. It's quite good, however it can get very expensive quickly depending how far you want to push it(I ran around with very good gear and my defense was based around a very high es recharge).

"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
more so surprised nobody noticed bow mine, As it was S1 T1.

What do you mean, the pvp season 1?

I'd also say that many lifebased casters can be pretty toptier. I don't pvp a whole lot anymore but i'd say my pathfinder lifebased noncrit firestormer performs very well, the only HARDCOUNTER is aegis as noncrit don't get the same damage as a crit one would(although aegis users aren't impossible to beat, but it's kind of a rngparty. But as most maxblockers are kinda slow/low damage ish, they won't do much to you either).

Also my pve character did fairly well in pvp, though it'd need much optimisation for it to work properly in duels. I ran a 4l barrage coc frostwall and kinectic blast with avery high fire rate. Sadly my defense in pve was relying on my flasks and leech which wouldn't work for a character like that in a pvp-environment.

Edit: Also are vagan coc really t2?

Vegan Coc does, very high burst damage, the defensive sucks, however the build is very mobile, and the discharge in itself lags you to hell w/o any chance to flask. Just pop in vortex and some Bf / discharge, and you're killing me at 12k hp. with little counter measures, unless you kill him without him reaching you.

Discharge, buffed op, it kills you, and your graphic's card, (PS I use Titans)

I'm afraid alot of self caster life build's are still pretty bad, due to short range and self casting / slow cast base speed, atm we're in the one shot, longest range meta, getting in screen to cast in itself is farrr to slow, most casters have migrated to mines / traps, since it does a lot more damage.

"
Phoenix320 wrote:
KB? It's been my best PVP so far.

Kb frostwall stack, can kill anything it can see 2 screens away, however nobody has really invested in said build as of yet.

Damage is like 9/10 defense 4/10, range 10/10

"
rome0s wrote:
XD cant really agree with EQ (melee isnt it? ^^) is in the same tier with EA average.

Ahfack/ peacock, can easily beat a average EA user.

"
Simplesim45 wrote:
I'd rank vagan CoC lower.

Rank a good ST build higher.

EA is definitely T1. It's a completely ridiculous build for PvP. Gets 10 million times worse in 1v1s.

There's a guy who does Bleed St in sarn, however, his build is very mobile, the damage is entirely "meh" when you pop on a anti bleed amulet, like bloodgrip etc, his defensive is terrible, however the wb wb st st aka run away playstyle is just not very reliable, and lame.

If you were to get in range of him, he'll die, with anti bleed equipped, you dont even need to move to fight him at all, if you're ranged.

on the other side of the argument, you can't really catch him, and he'll eventually wear you down, if you dont have good flask / anti bleed mechanics. Ideally great for killing Meele / ES / miners / weak defensive type builds.

"
Rupenus wrote:
I must say that cwdt flame dash destroys everything good about EA. if you make a build which has 7k+ life and has good dps to deal with EA, EA gets totally outplayed. EA guys are top at ladder it's because people who has EA counter builds dont care about pvp ranked ladder much. i remember i played vs texasisfucked in 2.3... it was like less than 50 seconds 4-0 match. rounds were like 3-8 seconds. it's not about that players skill level, it's about that LA mechanic counters EA hard. You cant offscreen a LA, your fuses cant breach walls, you cant micro while cwdt flame dash puts me next to target after just one small hit. im sure it'd be same with CI GG BV or HoT builds with arctic breath wall shots. very short, ownage duels we can expect only.

LA is less good than it used to be, for example i can deal wth shin's build, but lapiz' grand spectrum greedy HoT build hits me for like 5k-6k damage per hit. i didnt try hard vs his setup with like fairgreaves hat + conversion ammies but then again, 13x spectrum HoT is really in a good spot. Im not aiming to create drama here but i believe that Hot builds are even more autistic than 2.1 Spark. Right clicking a spell and right clicking to a location makes no difference in terms of autism level of micromanagement. beeing unblockable is also something which makes it broken. also, please dont forget who brought that plague to SC league: VA_KillingFloor. genius of him. lapiz just mastered it with putting, gathering more broken stuff all around.

Normal Vortex has range problems, and can be countered very very very hard with smoke mine and cwdt + deto mines setup. I think its a 'wreck pvp noobs more' skill. vs unexperienced players it wrecks hard but vs eperienced ones it has almost no viability except some certain close range builds. Also, I suppose vortex counters pathfinder + hot, pathfindeer scolds + cwdt builds hard right? Thats good, i suppose we'll all get a vortex 6l swap soon. : )

If you break it down a further more, you'll realize fire is the weakest of the elements, due to conversion issues, simply pick up a 100% conversion talisment, fire> cold/ Lightning amulet, nullifying Ea's Fire pen, it does next to no damage at all.

Same cannot be said, with LA, as it can be lightning pure/ cold.

More problematically BV/ is a full elemental conversion from phys> ele, as templar ignores res, penetrates all without counter. At maximum setup at 50 bv's, + flicker is instagib, without question.

Vortex is broken, as in, a single 6l weapon swap, does 6-8k damage per second (melee) and shin's Vortex's degen does 12-14k per second, without counterable passives / any meaningful defensive mechanics. Degen/ Dot is op op pie.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 11, 2016, 8:26:16 AM
the problem with KB is that its lack of answers for mid range. they get wreckt by mid range fights. they have no answer to leap slam... they lack mobility and has no defences at all.

its not hard to get to mid range vs KB either. they cant sustain mana for endless wall spamming even though they do, they cant sweep all the areas in arena.

BV is really good but weak vs Point blank puncture or BA mines. however, for inquisitor it's not hard to switch to different spells.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jul 11, 2016, 8:23:10 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
the problem with KB is that its lack of answers for mid range. they get wreckt by mid range fights. they have no answer to leap slam... they lack mobility and has no defences at all.

its not hard to get to mid range vs KB either. they cant sustain mana for endless wall spamming even though they do, they cant sweep all the areas in arena.

BV is really good but weak vs Point blank puncture or BA mines. however, for inquisitor it's not hard to switch to different spells.

KB - yup, however it's a matter of engagement, melee has to run to you, and you need to setup auras and frostwalls, before he gets into range you'll win, however if meele out maneuver's out of frostwall Kb shotgun zone, you'll lose. More so of a glassy long range build, however it hasn't really been further developed as of yet.

BV wise, if he has 16k ES and 50 stack BV, anything dies. pointblank, and puncture or BA mines are farr tooo slow, to beat Bv you must out range / kill him before the setup is done,

50 stack BV can kill anything almost instantly, I have 12k hp, and I die instantly, If I stack 3 volleys on wall, and BV flickers onto me, I'll lose, due to explosion delay and 50 BV's does more damage, at a lesser amount of time.

it's more so, a lack of possible counters.

However, if you lay puncture mines, and don't get engaged on, by flicker, there's a small chance of winning, but as a miner, placing mines in itself, is too defensive, allowing BV time to setup.

If you were to turtle with FW La, he'll just spark to chip away the flasks. as it,s a area spread 360 directional, while piercing the frost walls. and crossing corners.
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 11, 2016, 8:36:52 AM
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
simply pick up a 100% conversion talisment

"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
simply

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"

I'd of thought, everybody's got one by now.

Think lapris had a 50% one (costed a few c back in talisman), and dropped my effective damage by 30-50% flat across the board.

Vex not, the wolf talisman cards are coming too, if you hadn't picked them up when they're like 5ex.

Plus, Do I really need to explain how poe.trade pricing works? I can go list a mirror for 1 wisdom scroll right now, if you'd want me to prove that point lol.

E/

as of nurse said, there's plenty of other ways to counter EA now, You're just missing the bigger picture.

The technology and counter measures mechanics are in place, you such can't seem to see past it, is all.

Like earlier comment, old prejudices dies hard.
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 11, 2016, 9:24:30 AM
I played talisman league until the end, and there were only ever 3 100% fire ones I saw.

If someone reading this, besides heelon, has one please link it! Crickets incoming.

So your reasoning that ea isn't tier1 even though the top3 ladder is ea, is that cards are coming out in the future?

Something stinks in here...
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

You said it, not me lol don't hide behind 50s like they'll do the job for every build. Just because lapiz best you once with one doesn't mean a thing
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 11, 2016, 9:26:14 AM
"
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

You said it, not me lol don't hide behind 50s like they'll do the job for every build. Itsy because lapiz best you once with one doesn't mean a thing

It guess it goes hand in hand, if prejudice doesn't die hard, and if PVP does get "Fixed" we'll have to thank the one, who beats the dead horse the most and the longest, lol.
All I'm saying is ea is t1 whether you admit it or not and cwdt fd + conv amulet will not work as simply as you state. Yes it helps but it's not magic.

Rup self-admittedly made la to counter ea. You cannot argue ea is not t1 because la can best it when it's entire existence was to best you.
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 11, 2016, 9:36:15 AM
"
All I'm saying is ea is t1 whether you admit it or not and cwdt fd + conv amulet will not work as simply as you state. Yes it helps but it's not magic.

Rup self-admittedly made la to counter ea. You cannot argue ea is not t1 because la can best it when it's entire existence was to best you.

Well, It does say my tierlist after all, "Lib's Official pvp tier list, 10/07/2016." you're more than welcome to make a separate tierlist of your own, if you wish it to be.

However my reasoning still stands,

T1's are builds that are currently the strongest, with little counter player / mechanically hard/ impossible to counter, and builds I myself, Simply cannot beat.

Hence "E/
Ea - Bold
, My own personal build of choice / Balance tier list vantage point.
"

T2's are builds that are on par / 50/50 or 60/40 win rates, in duels and in sarn, and calculating mechanics and possible room for counterplay.

T3's are mostly fallen out of balanced build's that are inherently weaker than higher Tier builds.

T4's are considered by definition bad builds as of now.
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 11, 2016, 9:47:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info