Pvp Tier list

"
white socket charges omni (I don't know how to copy n paste on a phone)

Actually, if we're talking about a uni item, and we have this imposed ten charge limit, I think we can push that a step further. Rather then simply giving you charges with all three charge effects, we could introduce a unique charge type that can only be utilised by a white socketed version of this ring. Each individual charge in the ten alloted could have its own effect (increased aoe, pierce chance and chain come to mind, hell even a bit of regen nullification on hit) which could open up more charge builds that don't rely on the classic formulas.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
Simplesim and alpha, me likeey your ideas very much.

Check this out:
5% elemental penetration per power charge.
5% global defence per endurance charge.
5% block penetration per frenzy charge.

Wow, I'm starting to sound like Rich Piana.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Sep 21, 2016, 12:17:16 AM
"

I'd legitimately consider running blood rage again.
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Castablanca wrote:

Check this out:
5% global penetration per power charge.

This is in the case of the socket being white, right?

I like having new buffs per charge, but the numbers would have to be tuned properly.

We could perhaps call it...super charges.

But a white socket being a corruption, I was thinking the super effects of the charges could be random (and unknown to users at first).

For example, there would be a small pool of effects for each charge type and as you gain new charges, these effects would be randomly selected from the pools. AND to add to that (and to incentivize refreshing each charge type constantly), maybe certain super charge effect combinations could have cool bonuses.

Like a shock or ice nova shrine that lasts 4 seconds. Something visual similar to headhunter where you feel powerful for blasting through content.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Sep 20, 2016, 7:50:55 PM
"
For example, there would be a small pool of effects for each charge type and as you gain new charges, these effects would be randomly selected from the pools. AND to add to that (and to incentivize refreshing each charge type constantly), maybe certain super charge effect combinations could have cool bonuses.

You could run a lot of different concepts through that, rampage on max charges comes to mind. by this point it doesn't have to be about the corruption either. Perhaps the ring could play out like this:

Socket colour dictates which charge type you can generate. So green socket means exclusively frenzy charge generation and so on. However this doesn't prevent you using other methods of charge generation for giving you charges, it's just that they only give you that one charge type. We keep the 10 charge limit to stop discharge shenanigans (maybe even consider limiting down to 7). On hitting ten of the charge type you're limited to you get an associated effect for charge duration. Gets you focusing on charge duration, like on 10 frenzy charges you get onslaught for charge duration so you want to max our frenzy charge duration. However for power charges we'd get rampage, so it becomes about consuming charges as quickly as possible to stack up rampage effects (cause I want loop to be a viable item). The issue here is we need two more effects that are relative to these for endurance charges. For white socket it could remove the limiter, so you can have all charge types and which ever is at highest number at reaching ten dictates which effect you get.

"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:
"

You could run a lot of different concepts through that, rampage on max charges comes to mind. by this point it doesn't have to be about the corruption either. Perhaps the ring could play out like this:

Socket colour dictates which charge type you can generate. So green socket means exclusively frenzy charge generation and so on. However this doesn't prevent you using other methods of charge generation for giving you charges, it's just that they only give you that one charge type. We keep the 10 charge limit to stop discharge shenanigans (maybe even consider limiting down to 7). On hitting ten of the charge type you're limited to you get an associated effect for charge duration. Gets you focusing on charge duration, like on 10 frenzy charges you get onslaught for charge duration so you want to max our frenzy charge duration. However for power charges we'd get rampage, so it becomes about consuming charges as quickly as possible to stack up rampage effects (cause I want loop to be a viable item). The issue here is we need two more effects that are relative to these for endurance charges. For white socket it could remove the limiter, so you can have all charge types and which ever is at highest number at reaching ten dictates which effect you get.

I'm not a fan of having only 1 charge type. Also really not a fan of rampage or onslaught.

I would rather get effects that you don't normally get in the game. And I'd like those effects to be exclusively gated behind a corruption. I've always been a huge fan of vaaling items and I really think the risk/reward is getting worse and worse as new implicits and enchants come out.

Effects I would like to see(from the pool of random mods):
- Leave a trail of shocking ground at max charges.
- Ice nova or shock nova shrine(random) for 4 seconds every time you've gained 10 new power charges.
- Tar on hit if you have no charges (the tar affects you)
- Increased character size/AoE at max charges.
- Self curse vulnerability/ele weakness if you expand a charge or it expires. (we need some downsides. Basically play on the fact that this ring gets its power from staying at capped charges)
- Self curse a super high level temp chains if you expand all charges or they expire.
- Phasing at max charges.
- Increased movement speed at max charges.
- Reduced movement speed/attack speed when not at max charges.
- etc

This is all assuming the socket is white. The ring otherwise acts normally with the other socket color. It just goes balls to the walls apeshit, omfg what is going on when you get a white socket.

Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Sep 20, 2016, 9:01:54 PM
"
I'm not a fan of having only 1 charge type. Also really not a fan of rampage or onslaught.

I was sorta imposing that as a downside, like, it makes charge generation easier at the cost of flexibility in charge usage.

I can just see this idea in my head. You get this sick feed back loop of Malachai's loop "discharging" into rampage effects and synergising with Maligaro's Restraint by keeping you shocked. It's another take on the whole corruption thing, becoming a little mini Malachai (helps that rampage is thematically similar to Malachai's in game combat style). It's like the diablo 2 thing, with the class specific sets that gave you a transformation, I loved the trang'oul avatar, even if it was ultimately a self inflicted nerf.
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
Unfortunately even as a designer unique, asking for a transformation would be too much :(

Would be sick as hell tho.

Seriously I hope I come into some good cash around christmas, because I want to have an item made. Leave my mark on this awesome game.
That's the thing, rather then ask for a transformation, we can construct one with existing mechanics. Already implemented mechanics like rampage used in conjunction with this hypothetical unique item would give a potential build that behaves in a unique manner that I would describe as something similar to a transformation.
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Castablanca wrote:

Check this out:
5% global penetration per power charge.

This is in the case of the socket being white, right?

I like having new buffs per charge, but the numbers would have to be tuned properly.

We could perhaps call it...super charges.

But a white socket being a corruption, I was thinking the super effects of the charges could be random (and unknown to users at first).

Like a shock or ice nova shrine that lasts 4 seconds. Something visual similar to headhunter where you feel powerful for blasting through content.

Isn't that rampage and its tiers?

Yeah, I really wish GGG would quit stalling and give us our green set items, ala diablo franchise.
Mjolner rainbownuke was basically a set. And that feedback loop between mjolner, romiras, volls, and kingsguard was one of the most synergistic builds we've ever built mechanistically.

I wish there were more builds that worked mechanistically like that.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Sep 21, 2016, 12:26:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info