[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
nel0angel0 wrote:

As i said above, chimera and minotaur are much harder imo than the other two, and becuase noone have ever said anything about minotaur/chimera/shaper, i ended up thinking that maybe its not viable.
When i say viable i dont mean dying 5 times in order to clear the boss, i mean deathless with reasonable map mods.

Sry if i seem to question what you said, it was not my intention. If you did all that, i would like at least to have a small idea of the gameplay during these fights.

Eeh Chimera and Minotaur are much harder than phoenix and hydra?
That's just not right in general.

For my Deadeye Minotaur and especially Chimera are for example super easy, but Phoenix and Hydra deadly.

And for this build I highly doubt, that minotaur would cause any troubles.. you can easily leech all the time, probably even facetank him with the right setup.
Chimera should be really easy as well, since you have a decent phys mitigation and also enough leech to facetank him all the time. Just the time when he hides in clouds may be tricky.. be fast enough to catch him or use vaal discipline.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:

Thats totally reasonable there is nobody here pressuring you to try the build. I have moved on to other things now and just pop in here sometimes to answer questions from people more so then reequipping the character and setting up a recording of taking down content again

As far as I can tell the other people who have been using this build to farm shaper and guardians don't do videos so I wouldn't expect it from them

In any case this build is a little complicated to level and organise so if you are the kind of player that doesn't know the whispering ice playstyle in high tier content and can't extrapolate it from build design and stats then I wouldn't really recommend trying this build as you'd be likely to abandon it before lategame anyway

I completely understand everything u say, no worries.
I may be misunderstood, i am very familiar with whispering ice playstyle, have played in many leagues and its one of my favorite playstyles.

I have all the gear (except skyforth and emperor jewel) to make this build in std atm, and i was very pleased to see that it can do guardians, but i realized (at least while playing another build in ESC) that chimera and minotaur are harder than phoenix and hydra in general.
That made me wanting to watch how would the gameplay be during the chimera and minotaur fights.

If anyone has anything to show, or even to supply here with a link of someone else doing it, would be very nice.

"
leichenlager wrote:
why?

As i said above, chimera and minotaur are much harder imo than the other two, and becuase noone have ever said anything about minotaur/chimera/shaper, i ended up thinking that maybe its not viable.
When i say viable i dont mean dying 5 times in order to clear the boss, i mean deathless with reasonable map mods.

Sry if i seem to question what you said, it was not my intention. If you did all that, i would like at least to have a small idea of the gameplay during these fights.

i did around ~ 20 shaper runs so far with this build. obviously with a bunch of deaths in my first runs trying to understand how he works but once u figure it out hes really not a big issue. everything he does can be avoided and the fight comes down to pure mechanical skill. that being said this build is powerful enough to simply facetank him. his autohits do nothing. the beam can be tanked if u stacked a few storms on him and hes not going to cast his balls/slam if u stand on top of him.
minotaur is by far the easiest guardian for this build from my experience. i actually found the 2 you mentioned as easy the harder ones. i think it comes down to gear difference here. i have alot more stuff that boosts armor. acuity + molten shell + 2 flasks + chaos golem+ enfeeble allow you to facetank chimera + minotaur even with nasty mods. phoenix is also doable with dangerous mods if you know how to avoid his mechanics. hydra was by far the most annoying guardian to deal with on difficult rolled maps. im at 46% estimated phs reduction in hideout which goes to like 70% + with flasks and molten shell which i really think makes the difference here.

"

And for this build I highly doubt, that minotaur would cause any troubles.. you can easily leech all the time, probably even facetank him with the right setup.
Chimera should be really easy as well, since you have a decent phys mitigation and also enough leech to facetank him all the time. Just the time when he hides in clouds may be tricky.. be fast enough to catch him or use vaal discipline.

exactly!
Last edited by leichenlager on Nov 10, 2016, 1:21:20 PM
My current gear, not playing that much right now so progress is slow:

8.4K ES
5.4K DPS (tooltip)
34% DR (39% with MS up)

Managed to divine a 15% helmet
Healthy mind in the witch jewel socket gave me a bunch more ES/DPS compared to fertile mind
Did my first core with TC/VULN/-16% resists and some other mods, went decent.
Dark Forest was really easy, not sure what mods I had there.
Got unlucky with discipline gems so far, had 3x 20 and all became vaal disc 20...
Gem setup isn't optimzed because I am leveling a few that I'd like to get higher

Right now I feel damage is really good, going to try and get two more levels (to 93) for Foresight as I feel that the only thing holding me back at times is ES.
Last edited by foojin on Nov 10, 2016, 2:10:13 PM
"
Eeh Chimera and Minotaur are much harder than phoenix and hydra?
That's just not right in general.

For my Deadeye Minotaur and especially Chimera are for example super easy, but Phoenix and Hydra deadly.

"
leichenlager wrote:
i did around ~ 20 shaper runs so far with this build. obviously with a bunch of deaths in my first runs trying to understand how he works but once u figure it out hes really not a big issue. everything he does can be avoided and the fight comes down to pure mechanical skill. that being said this build is powerful enough to simply facetank him. his autohits do nothing. the beam can be tanked if u stacked a few storms on him and hes not going to cast his balls/slam if u stand on top of him.
minotaur is by far the easiest guardian for this build from my experience. i actually found the 2 you mentioned as easy the harder ones. i think it comes down to gear difference here. i have alot more stuff that boosts armor. acuity + molten shell + 2 flasks + chaos golem+ enfeeble allow you to facetank chimera + minotaur even with nasty mods. phoenix is also doable with dangerous mods if you know how to avoid his mechanics. hydra was by far the most annoying guardian to deal with on difficult rolled maps. im at 46% estimated phs reduction in hideout which goes to like 70% + with flasks and molten shell which i really think makes the difference here.

Thank you both for your input here, it was nice to read something about these fights, i will plan my build carefully.

"
foojin wrote:
Healthy mind in the witch jewel socket gave me a bunch more ES/DPS compared to fertile mind

Can you be more specific? Do you mean the jewel slot exactly above witch starting area?
And how exactly a jewel that gives only mana (which is also ES for guardian) boosts your dps?
Also, did you pick life nodes to make its value higher?
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Nov 10, 2016, 3:01:06 PM
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

"
foojin wrote:

Can you be more specific? Do you mean the jewel slot exactly above witch starting area?
And how exactly a jewel that gives only mana (which is also ES for guardian) boosts your dps?

Just checked it again, made a mistake since it does not increased DPS. However this does give me 150 more ES at the cost of 200 DPS from a +21 int fertile mind. It's the jewel node straight above the witch starting area (with no DEX in range) and I didn't take any health nodes.
Last edited by foojin on Nov 10, 2016, 3:30:32 PM
"
foojin wrote:
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

"
foojin wrote:

Just checked it again, made a mistake since it does not increased DPS. However this does give me 150 more ES at the cost of 200 DPS from a +21 int fertile mind. It's the jewel node straight above the witch starting area (with no DEX in range) and I didn't take any health nodes.

That jewel slot is best used for emperor's jewels...
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
foojin wrote:

Got unlucky with discipline gems so far, had 3x 20 and all became vaal disc 20...

I don't know the chance but I'm pretty sure thats not unlucky but pretty expected. I vaaled 9 disciplines on this character and 6 of them become vaal discipline, 1 went to level 19 and 2 nothing happened. I'm actually quite excited as I've got another 6 that are about to become level 20 and I'm hoping
"
turtleken wrote:
That jewel slot is best used for emperor's jewels...

For sure, but I have no currency to pay for that. I really wish I had atziri gloves and an emperor jewel to complete my build (besides the boots). So if you have something like that which you are not using in standard then please let me know :)
Last edited by foojin on Nov 11, 2016, 4:30:28 AM
Alright, so final update for my character with this wonderful build. Just hit 91 in ESC. the only changes from my last post are gem levels and qualities, as well as the 2 jewels that I will link in this post.

Sitting at Exactly 2100 int, 8269 ES, 5854 avg damage tooltip with conc.

Gear linked here
Spoiler

2 new jewels linked here
Spoiler

I really like that rare jewel. 23 int, and that 8% mana is actually massive. It scales my base ES by a ton. Without that jewel, I'm at 2060 int, and just over 8k es, so that jewel alone gives 40 int and ~250 ES.

You can look at my characters for the tree.
Ign: ThunderFluff
Last edited by ThunderFluff on Nov 13, 2016, 11:33:44 PM
"
ThunderFluff wrote:
Alright, so final update for my character with this wonderful build. Just hit 91 in ESC. the only changes from my last post are gem levels and qualities, as well as the 2 jewels that I will link in this post.

Nice man :)
Glad you are having fun and neat jewel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info