[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
turtleken wrote:

I chose to take coordination instead of catalyse. 20 Int and 6% cast speed for 2 points is pretty good. I also like taking the 6% aura effectiveness node in templar even if taking the reduced reservation nodes as well. That 6% effect on discipline is worth alot and boosting everything else a bit is bonus.

Did you try shaper with this build?

I am looking for a new build to try out, pref. one with auras and this seems like a very strong candidate. However I for once would like a build that is strong enough to do 'any' content.
Last edited by foojin on Oct 20, 2016, 8:59:50 AM
"
foojin wrote:

I am looking for a new build to try out, pref. one with auras and this seems like a very strong candidate. However I for once would like a build that is strong enough to do 'any' content.

I did shaper for the first time on this build last night, definitely viable, I also did the 4 guardians to get the shaper set for the first time last night, so this build is definitely strong enough.
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
foojin wrote:

i used this build to farm shaper and its a certainly a good build to kill him
What do you think of Foresight? It's effectively +20 flat ES and +20% max ES for 2 points.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
Last edited by Kaz2ndChance on Oct 21, 2016, 11:16:42 PM
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
What do you think of Foresight? It's effectively +20 flat ES and +20% max ES for 2 points.

Just a tip but "why don't you get x" isn't generally as good a question as "why don't you get x instead of getting y". Everything has the opportunity cost of not getting something else and looking for what you think you would cut to get your suggestion helps answer the question as you can compare which is best.

In terms of foresight it just so happens that everything else this build gets is better value, if you read the "math of int value" part of the build you can see how nodes that include Int in their stats come out on top over pure ES nodes mathematically
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 22, 2016, 12:05:31 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:

Just a tip but "why don't you get x" isn't generally as good a question as "why don't you get x instead of getting y". Everything has the opportunity cost of not getting something else and looking for what you think you would cut to get your suggestion helps answer the question as you can compare which is best.

In terms of foresight it just so happens that everything else this build gets is better value, if you read the "math of int value" part of the build you can see how nodes that include Int in their stats come out on top over pure ES nodes mathematically

I did some calculations assuming I'm using The Vertex (so +85% int instead of +100%).
So basically, to finish your skyforth tree, there are 4 options that I can see:
1. Ancestral Knowledge (2pts) - 30 int
+85% = 55.5 int:
11.1% inc ES (5.55 per)
6.48 flat ES (3.24 per)
20.35% dmg (10.18 per)

2. Catalyze (3pts) - 40 int
+85% = 74 int:
14.8% inc ES (4.93 per)
8.63 flat ES (2.88 per)
27.13% dmg (9.04 per)

3. Coordination (2pts) - 20 int + 6% cast
+85% = 37 int:
7.4% inc ES (3.7 per)
4.32 flat ES (2.16 per)
13.57% dmg (6.78 per)

4. Foresight (2pts) - 20 FLAT ES + 20% inc ES
20% inc ES (10 per)
20 flat ES (10 per)

5. Jewel Socket (3pts) - could be used for Emperor's Wit/Mastery

you have 10 points to spend to get to level 100. The jewel socket is a must, so that leaves 7. It's an odd number, so chances are you're going to take the 3-point investment into Catalyze. You're left with 4 points, and the remaining choices are Coordination, Ancestral Knowledge, and Foresight...you have to pick 2 out of the three. And as you can see, Foresight has a really high flat ES per point; nothing else comes close. It would sort of make up for the dmg loss, and it's way more valuable than more 'inc max ES' because we already have a lot of those and we get diminishing returns.

So I suppose it comes down to what you value more: EHP or dmg. I guess the fact that you're willing to replace The Vertex with Black Sun answers that question. Chaos damage must be a bitch to deal with.
@Kaz2ndChance

If I change from Black sun crest into Vertex I only gain 1k ES but I lose a bunch of armour and life (from strength) which equals more armour and room to reserve a high level clarity on life. Even not including the biig damage boost from the 200ish Int I like black sun for its armour. With vertex then yes the value of Int in the tree will dip lower in value and then it will be good to do your own cost benefit analysis

I didn't realise you were talking past level 90. Yeah I like to leave my trees with 10 points spare because at the point it starts to really depend on your own personal taste and needs. Some people like alchemist for flask effect and I understand that even though I don't like relying on flasks all that much myself. As you have noted the available nodes start less obvious. If you felt like you didn't really need damage anymore then foresight is a fine option. I would still lean towards Int though as getting more max mana means you can do different aura setups. Taking or not taking the 4% reservation nodes to run things like herald of ice are also an option that depends on your taste. Getting each 100 mark point of Int gives icestorm duration which I like to increment up as well.

People say chaos damage but I've never ever died to chaos. Its all so easy to see coming and avoid and even when you get hit the game doesn't expect you to have high chaos resistance or all the HP builds would be screwed. Especially the evasion based ones. 10k Es with no chaos resistance but vaal pact and life leech deals with chaos damage easier then pretty much every life based build.
Chaos damage isn't really designed to one shot you like physical damage can so you just take a hit or stand in the desecrated ground and then immediately get back up to full with leech
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 22, 2016, 2:11:52 AM
yeah, sockets are a commodity with this build. I don't have a slot for Herald of Ice :p

if you're interested,
4L: CWDT - Flame Golem - Warlord's - Molten Shell
4L: Inc duration - Vaal Disc - Warcy(rallying/enduring) - Flame Dash

Thank you, btw, for letting me know how much ES you gain from switching helmets (I was about to ask that). How much armour am I losing for using the Vertex? I still really like my light radius though T_T
Started with this build, out of currency now but this is what I could get:

1340 INT so far.

Biggest issue is ES, only at 5K right now. Hoping it will improve once I have 10 more levels and some more jewel sockets for INT. Wish I could afford a second ring right now.

I have a divine orb, should I use it on the black sun?

The build is allot of fun to play, it feels quite tanky and the damage is easily there. I love the amount of neat things it has (auras, slows, curse on hit, decent phys mit.).
Last edited by foojin on Oct 22, 2016, 3:59:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info