[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Vakana wrote:
Hey there! Just wanted to say I've been enjoying the hell out of this build. I've made 5 or so different ones so far in Essence, and I'm having the most fun with this. But I did have a few questions!

First of all, I'm level 59 or so right now. Currently, my tooltip dps for Icestorm is hovering around 1500. Is this normal? I tried making the build once before, and then it felt like it was much stronger. Still 1-2 shotting most trash mobs in Merciless so far, but is there some point at which the dps skyrockets?

If you could perhaps take a look at my gear/tree and offer some advice I would highly appreciate it. Thanks again for this wonderful build!

Remember that is not actually DPS, it is average damage. literally 4 of the support gems in this build do nothing to add to the tooltip. It is hard to compare with other builds.

At lvl 94, with a tree for Skyforth I have 7100 avg damage, my friend who is lvl 88 has 5400 Avg damage.

I see you don't yet have Pain attunement if you are low life that is a massive bonus and you should take it ASAP. Once you have pain attunement try to run enough auras on blood magic to activate it.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Oct 18, 2016, 7:23:46 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
Nice spreadsheet and the data is interesting.

The jewel that gives the lowest Int in the tree is the fertile mind one below pain attunment that gives 34 Int doubled into 68 Int

This jewel gives

- 23% worth of damage (my tooltip stays the same if I swap into a jewel with 23% damage on it)
- 13.6% increased ES
- Mana and some flat ES

The damage increase can by beaten by a jewel relatively easily but its hard to compete with that %ES number. Even with a jewel that had 3 damage mods and an ES roll you'd need to decide if it was worth losing some ES, some mana and icestorm duration by having you Int lowered.

True, its not possible to find a jewel that good. Need something like:
- 10% spell damage
- 10% cold damage
- 8% es
- 6% es from int (15 int -> 30 int -> 6% es, 15 mana)

Closest is http://poe.trade/search/gichiutasinahi, but 2x lighting damage instead of cold damage. Even if it would be cold damage, they are not really better, just close.

I added some ES and mana calculations in the spreadsheet: (edit: better one with mana from gear)
http://imgur.com/a/XLOPt

Seems both mana and ES are a bit too low, i probably forgot to add something. Anyway its a good indicator how these values change with increasing int.

Just going from 2000int to 2400int increased ES from 7000 to 8000, or from "meh" to "ok".
Last edited by siliconlife on Oct 18, 2016, 11:20:44 AM
ok

I put together a quick spreadsheet

http://www.megafileupload.com/kkT3/whisper_ice_calc.xlsx

This gives a more or less accurate calc to my current dps based on my gear and gems and jewels (subject to rounding, but it's close enough)

shows my damage per hit 8272.5, which is close enough to my calc of 8273.6, difference is rounding I believe, ggg rounded the min and max damage per hit and average to give 8272.5, where as I didn't apply any rounding.

you can mix and match by changing gear/tree etc if you wish, just be careful on the increase from ring bit where I've assumed 2 perandus rings

and also you need to make sure that the increase dmg from tree/gear and more multiplier from gem matches your own gem level and tree etc for it to work.

For me, it is not worth switching to a crystal belt as I will lose int hence damage (more es will make up for it though)

Also if I give up 2 points and 30 int, and put into starting elemental damage from templar for 22% increase damage, I will lose some es, mana, but gain a tiny but of dmg.

There might be some room for min max of tree and gear, but I like the synergy of all unique and and just need int on tree so I will follow author's tree. (Although I am not sure what's most efficient int path after lvl 96 when I get there)

If you don't like the megaupload host, please suggest an alternative site, and I can upload to that instead.

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Well, now that I'm able to use a 5L Shavs, I still am unable to run Purity of Lightning. Pardon my ignorance, but does this come later? Do I just have to level the Blood Magic gem higher? I'm using an Enlighten (3) for both the helm and chest, if it matters. Is there something I'm missing?

For further information, I'm currently running these auras: Purity of Elements, Purity of Ice, Purity of Fire, Discipline, Clarity. Blood Magic is level 11 with 20% quality (not sure if that matters, either.)
Last edited by Vakana on Oct 18, 2016, 3:29:59 PM
"
Vakana wrote:
Well, now that I'm able to use a 5L Shavs, I still am unable to run Purity of Lightning. Pardon my ignorance, but does this come later? Do I just have to level the Blood Magic gem higher? I'm using an Enlighten (3) for both the helm and chest, if it matters. Is there something I'm missing?

For further information, I'm currently running these auras: Purity of Elements, Purity of Ice, Purity of Fire, Discipline, Clarity. Blood Magic is level 11 with 20% quality (not sure if that matters, either.)

Your clarity is too high level. I recommend using the aura calculator and inputting your numbers to find out what level clarity you can run. You should have enough mana regen from the tree and high mana total that a much lower clarity will still be enough
I tried the calculator. Assuming I input everything correctly, it says I'm at -30 hp with a level 1 clarity. Does this mean that within the next 1-3 levels of Blood Magic I could be able to use it? Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it! I'm very surprised how tanky and powerful this build is.
"
Vakana wrote:
I tried the calculator. Assuming I input everything correctly, it says I'm at -30 hp with a level 1 clarity. Does this mean that within the next 1-3 levels of Blood Magic I could be able to use it? Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it! I'm very surprised how tanky and powerful this build is.

level 1 is a bit too low for when you get haste running as well and more cast speed. Spent your next 2 points on the 4% reservation nodes in the templar area. Later you can revisit the issue and see what you want to unspec out of them
Not sure if i missed it since im on mobile, but would you mind posting a tree for the people that have acuity's and skyforths.
"
gm08872 wrote:
Not sure if i missed it since im on mobile, but would you mind posting a tree for the people that have acuity's and skyforths.

Sure, there is a tree posted just below the normal one in the main build but I can post it again here.

There is some slight variations possible at high levels getting the extra reserved mana nodes or not and prioritizing cast speed or elemental damage
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info