[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

If you actually looked at his profile you'd see he's using Skyforth now and has changed his tree to be more int efficient dropping unwavering stance. As well as having the Emperors jewels.

For the record at lvl 92, without Skyforth but with both Emperors jewels I have 2374 Int. I could have more but I'm pathing to a Jewel node atm.

Maybe WaffleT Should update a high budget version of this build? It might scare new players away though as the build is very viable without such things

As for the damage tooltip, remember every point of Int is worth more than the previous point, giving more flat damage to be scaled by all the previous %increase and more %increase to scale all the previous flat damage.

So you are telling me that 250int (which is my difference from the op) equals to 1500+ tooltip dmg?
That is kinda hard to believe..
Also you stated that at lvl 92 without Skyforth and with both emperors jewels u got 2375int.
I have 2250int at the same lvl and without emperors jewels. How come he has 2500int even with both emperors jewels and no int on boots, is his tree outdated compared to stats screenshots? Something confuses me here.

I would also like to mention that leaving US for more intelligence is not so wise, stun immunity is a MUST at high end mapping and the route converts to int with brute force jewel

Have you looked At skyforth? you don't need US when you have skyforth. The tree efficiency he gains by not having to spec into aura reservation he gets from skyforth and not having to go US is worth about 100 int.
The amount of Mana we get on this build(over 3000) with skyforth leaves us with 15000 effective 'life' for calculating stuns, we still have conditional immunity after blocks too. The Route converts to int but you can get more efficient int per point.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

So you are telling me that 250int (which is my difference from the op) equals to 1500+ tooltip dmg?
That is kinda hard to believe..

I would also like to mention that leaving US for more intelligence is not so wise, stun immunity is a MUST at high end mapping and the route converts to int with brute force jewel

The current screenshots are up to date with my level 93 character. I should update to mention that I have successfully gotten some of the things from the "upgrades" section of the build which obviously makes the character stronger but are not necessary for the build to run or anything. I was running all the content with the build and that was which earned me the currency to buy those upgrades.

There is definitely the risk of people seeing skyforths and thinking that its needed for the build when Its only an "good" upgrade and not a necessary component like some people will assume.

As already mentioned skyforth have essentially stun immunity on them so the points down to unwavering stance can be spent somewhere more efficient for more Int

Yep 250 Int is that much damage. Each point of Int increases damage by quite alot in this build. The only difference between mine and yours is that I have more Int from Tree and gear. Swapping to skyforths was I think a 60-70 Int improvement and 8% elemental damage in the tree which is negligible compared to the Int.

Also I was using a flame golem. I swap between flame and lightning golem and haven't decided which I prefer

Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 18, 2016, 10:05:00 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Also @WaffleT

I'm now running Haste and Purity on life. Can afford to add low lvl clarity to that but keeping it on Mana for ES for now. I should be able to add Arctic Armour on top of the auras you're using at the moment :D Once I get level'd enlightens that is. Pretty happy with that.

Sweet enchant. I ran lab for a while hoping for one of those for a while before giving up. with that you an squeeze in an arctic Armour or blasphemy which is very neat :)

Build does feel much better with haste. I'm thinking of editing the "recommended" build to include it but its hard to make it part of the build from the get go without cutting way too much so I think its better off in the "upgrades" section for when things like level 3/4 enlightens are obtained

Its probably worth noting difference between standard and new leagues for this build. The 2% per unique on rings, instead of 3%.

Intelligence multiplier of 1.84 Standard versus 1.69 in Essence (Perfect rings/staff/helm)

Just means ~200 Intelligence less at end game. It's significant but build still works.
"
Elvale wrote:
Its probably worth noting difference between standard and new leagues for this build. The 2% per unique on rings, instead of 3%.

Intelligence multiplier of 1.84 Standard versus 1.69 in Essence (Perfect rings/staff/helm)

Just means ~200 Intelligence less at end game. It's significant but build still works.

Good point. I forgot that some people might not be aware that the rings got nerfed. I've updated the main page to mention that.

I agree with your summery that its a hit but not build breaking
Just curious-- I feel I'm vastly behind where I should be int wise; Currently under 1700 at level 73. What am I missing?

Gear
Spoiler

Jewels not socketed in yet as int is too low to make viable:
Spoiler
linked wit twice because I couldn't find emperor's mastery. currently I'm using two 11~15 int 10~11%cold 14~16%aoe jewels in place of both emperor's jewels as currently dps is higher with both yellow jewels than with the emperor's alternative.

Aside from looking for 3% inc int from both rings what else can I do that wont break the bank?

Edit: The character the build is on is named 'ThrowAwayCasual' and my profile is public.
Last edited by djfang on Sep 19, 2016, 6:01:58 PM
"
djfang wrote:
Just curious-- I feel I'm vastly behind where I should be int wise; Currently under 1700 at level 73. What am I missing?

Gear
Spoiler

Jewels not socketed in yet as int is too low to make viable:
Spoiler
linked wit twice because I couldn't find emperor's mastery. currently I'm using two 11~15 int 10~11%cold 14~16%aoe jewels in place of both emperor's jewels as currently dps is higher with both yellow jewels than with the emperor's alternative.

Aside from looking for 3% inc int from both rings what else can I do that wont break the bank?

Edit: The character the build is on is named 'ThrowAwayCasual' and my profile is public.

The missing 1% on rings add up to 9% each from all your unique gear, that's 18% inc missing int

it's actually massive. Upgrading them is far more cost effective than the Emperors Jewels

Also remember this build gains a lot with levels, the stated numbers are 2300+/2500+ with good gear at 90+

you are missing 17 levels from 90, that is about 221 Base int at reasonable point efficiency, that ends up being about 400 after all the inc int(more even, with all max rolls and both emperors jewels you get 100% inc int). Add to that upgrading your rings and you are fine
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 19, 2016, 6:55:22 PM
hi two questions. Can you kill the new content (the shaper ) with this build ?
and what do you think about doryanis invitation ( with the 30 % cold damage and the leech ? ) or is the 30 int on blazon much better ?
"
DBB2003 wrote:
hi two questions. Can you kill the new content (the shaper ) with this build ?
and what do you think about doryanis invitation ( with the 30 % cold damage and the leech ? ) or is the 30 int on blazon much better ?

To compare the two and their different relevant stats

Doryani's
- 20-30% damage
- 300 to 350 Armour
- 0.2% leech

Blazen
- 30 Int (Which on my current character creates)
230 ES (resulting ES not flat)
22% worth of increased damage
0.15 increased icestorm duration
- Flask effect duration
- Quantity of Items found

The choice is a judgment call and those who are lower level won't gain as much benefit as my current character but at this state I like the Blazen more mostly for the ES as not getting rapidly killed before leech kicks in is important in high tier content

I'm playing the game casually until my new PC arrives so I've only killed the minataur and pheonix with the build not the shaper. Both were dangerous when I did't know how to avoid their big hits but deathless isn't that hard once I knew the fights.
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 20, 2016, 4:54:42 PM
awesome. i am interesting on this build, may i know do you done Uber with this build? thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info