Chris: You are Wrong about Red Maps.

"

THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT. It's about _math_, and how Chris's math is bad. Not about how exp was nerfed.

I'd like to add something, but it's kinda hard to add something.
In previous patch, gorge/plateu were more popular than red maps, despite red maps providing MUCH less experience penalty.
There was a problem, though - players leveled too fast to 100 level.

For me, solution is clear - increase experience required to get 90 levels (mostly for 95+ level). Also, i'd nerfed pack density just a bit on gorge/plateu/arid lake/etc (5-15%, depending on map).

But GGG have done completely the opposite. Then actually NERFED high-level maps a lot (despite those aready being not best way to level up), and mid-level maps - just a bit.
WTF? They've got all the statistics, all data, all access to database, math, etc...
And they still make so imbalanced changes.....
And it's not the single time. It happens every patch (be it poison, OP league items, skills, llist goes on).

If GGG continue to move that way, PoE future is grim. Believe me.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
agreed with OP. No idea about sc but in hc you're better off running good-mid tiers without breaking a sweat, rather than going for the red maps. Just look at the streamers. They just go and crush em 2-3 minutes a map, I don't think anyone that's playing competitively is going for the red maps when racing to 100.

not that good myself but come on... just look at the streams when the leagues begin. If the xp ratio was so good on reds, they would have absolutely risked it. No need for math here, it seems.

/edit: all irrelevant now. Lets see how it changed in 2.4 in 20 days. T16 confirmed on promo page.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 12, 2016, 6:43:14 PM
"
Razis wrote:
agreed with OP. No idea about sc but in hc you're better off running good-mid tiers without breaking a sweat, rather than going for the red maps.

In SC, it's the same. Some players push even more ibnto clearspeed, though, cause death wont ment an end to a character.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Glad people seem to be on the same page now.

Anyway, Atlas looks like it has potential, as long as either (a) "+5 tier" items aren't rare _or_ (b) some of the new, top-tier maps have _good layouts_.

If they don't have good layouts and it is thus impossible to run higher-tier maps that are more efficient than Plateau, or the +5 tier items (which are temporary; they only apply to 5 maps each) are rare enough that it is infeasible to make every gorge/plateau map be ~max-tier, then Chris continues to just not understand math. These things remain to be seen.
"
or the +5 tier items (which are temporary; they only apply to 5 maps each)

source?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info