[2.4] TANK - Gladiator Soul Taker, Aegis, Earthquake DUAL CURSE, 125/125 Atlas 4/4 Guardians on ESC

"
ldbob wrote:
Just want to chime in on an alternative to reckoning/riposte/shield charge/endurance charge on melee stun.

It is to add "stun support" instead of reckoning, which I think will give overall more charges compared to the extra counter attack of reckoning.

I'm 79 so far in EHC with very similar gear to stormzerker so hoping I can maybe get to the end game maps with this, nice to read that it's possible even without GG gear! :)

My tooltip DPS with some flasks, frenzy charges and warchief out is about 24k, with no buffs its 14k.

It makes sense.

But our DPS is still far from that 112K he is showing. Still wondering how...
"
Cowners wrote:
"
ldbob wrote:
Just want to chime in on an alternative to reckoning/riposte/shield charge/endurance charge on melee stun.

It is to add "stun support" instead of reckoning, which I think will give overall more charges compared to the extra counter attack of reckoning.

I'm 79 so far in EHC with very similar gear to stormzerker so hoping I can maybe get to the end game maps with this, nice to read that it's possible even without GG gear! :)

My tooltip DPS with some flasks, frenzy charges and warchief out is about 24k, with no buffs its 14k.

It makes sense.

Well taking a look at the screenshot the character has a ton of buffs up -- onslaught, atziri's promise, taste of hate, ancestral warchief, 4 frenzy charges -- using decent steel rings and meginords and being lvl 89

I actually switched the tree around to dip in to the ranger area for max block because i was hurting for dex. putting the trees side by side i found it practically comparable in stats. i also switched to static strike with multistrike and faster attacks. i felt the high APS of soul taker was wasted on EQ. with max frenzies, atziri's promise and ancestral warchief i have close to 60k dps in a 6L. This is without steel rings, meginords, taste of hate, and onslaught.
IGN: BuckleUpBuckaroos
"
niteo wrote:
"
Cowners wrote:
"
ldbob wrote:

It makes sense.

Well taking a look at the screenshot the character has a ton of buffs up -- onslaught, atziri's promise, taste of hate, ancestral warchief, 4 frenzy charges -- using decent steel rings and meginords and being lvl 89

I actually switched the tree around to dip in to the ranger area for max block because i was hurting for dex. putting the trees side by side i found it practically comparable in stats. i also switched to static strike with multistrike and faster attacks. i felt the high APS of soul taker was wasted on EQ. with max frenzies, atziri's promise and ancestral warchief i have close to 60k dps in a 6L. This is without steel rings, meginords, taste of hate, and onslaught.

Very interesting, i've been wondering if there was something better than EQ myself, but I don't think I understand what the best links are for static strike. What else do you link for static strike apart from what you listed?
"
niteo wrote:
"
Cowners wrote:
"
ldbob wrote:

Very interesting, i've been wondering if there was something better than EQ myself, but I don't think I understand what the best links are for static strike. What else do you link for static strike apart from what you listed?

I use static strike - Melee phys - Melee dmg on full - multistrike - faster attacks - fortify

I'm not sure if these links are optimal. unfortunately i don't have the chromes to blow on trying different set ups.

You could try fortify on a movement skill to get something better in there - i'm just lazy. What could replace fortify is Reduced duration - the discharges will be quicker and it has a small more multi - or try added fire dmg. I'm sure faster attacks here is also over kill because static strike can only stack so many charges - maybe a blue link for inc aoe (clear speed) or conc effect (for bosses) might be best instead.

One thing is for sure though, EQ's aoe is better than static strike's and static strike converts half your phys dmg to ele which i feel is currently a big negative in the game. gratuitous violence helps a lot with trash clearspeed tho. The great thing about static strike is that it can really proc the bleeds on everything since the static discharges count as an attack. Also i feel the single target is better vs EQ
IGN: BuckleUpBuckaroos
How do you feel about Melee dmg on full life with AA? Is it reliable (not taking into accouunt desecrated ground, no reg, poison on hit, burning and strong DoT from some bosses that drain ES)?
Last edited by _TaZaR_ on Nov 13, 2016, 8:20:51 AM
I have tried both Wild Strike and Static Strike with this build, and even though their tooltip DPS shows almost twice as much DPS, nothing seems to clean faster than Earthquake. I have played around a little with the build and i was able to improve the damage without compromising defense or block %, but it still feels lacking.
Last edited by Cowners on Nov 13, 2016, 6:25:04 PM
How about 6L Lightning Coil? The life is less than yellow armour clothes,but I think it will be more tanky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info