Can I combined 3 flasks use with in 1 key by auto hot key?

"
unsane wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's been said that it's ok to have your mouse wheel programed to scroll through and activate your potions with each "click" of the wheel performing only one action. Not sure if it's ok, but streamers are using it.

Can someone describe this in more detail? I don't fully understand what he means and therefore can't ascertain whether it's legal.

That does seem to toe the line a bit. I don't ever plan on using any kind of macro, legit or otherwise, but I'd still be curious to hear more about this.
Just hot glue a Popsicle stick to three keys you want to use all the time.
Git R Dun!
I asked GGG about whether a macro that did different actions, but only one per button click, would be OK. They replied that it was not OK since the macro does more than one action - even though it only does one at a time. So I guess that mouse wheel macro is against the ToS.

Here is the relevant quote:

"
Brian wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Hi GGG!

I was just wondering whether macros that choose an action for you (but only perform one action per button press) would be allowed under the ToS?

Here are some examples so you can see what I mean:
- A macro which performs only one action, but performs a different action each time you press the button. (eg: press it 3 times to use 3 different flasks.)

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Support! I've had a look, and it would appear that each of these macros would be against our Terms of Service. In this case, each of these macros performers multiple different actions. For examples, one of your macros is using both Lightning Strike and Whirling Blades.

Full email below in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Support! I've had a look, and it would appear that each of these macros would be against our Terms of Service. In this case, each of these macros performers multiple different actions. For examples, one of your macros is using both Lightning Strike and Whirling Blades.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else at all we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Brian

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 10:16 AM, <dudiobugtron> wrote:

Hi GGG!

I was just wondering whether macros that choose an action for you (but only perform one action per button press) would be allowed under the ToS?

Obviously I don't want to do anything wrong, so I thought I should check with you about whether these macros would be OK.

- A macro which use a random flask each time you press the button.

- A macro which uses only one skill, but picks which skill to use depending on your (client-side) mouse curse location. (eg: if the mouse cursor is near the edge of the screen then use firestorm, otherwise use flameblast.)

- A macro which uses a skill based on what (client-side) actions you have done recently.
EG: if you are holding down shift, use lightning strike, otherwise use whirling blades.
EG: If you haven't pressed the button a lot recently, use fire trap, otherwise use fire nova mine.)

- A macro which performs only one action, but performs a different action each time you press the button. (eg: press it 3 times to use 3 different flasks. Or, press it to get a different skill for Elemental Equilibrium.)

- A macro which changes what another macro does. (eg: you use macro A to attack with sunder, but then you come to a boss fight so you press macro B (which performs no server-side action), so that pressing macro A now uses static strike instead. Then press macro B again after the boss dies, and go back to using sunder with macro A.)

Thanks!
dudiobugtron
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 10, 2016, 8:38:59 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Just hot glue a Popsicle stick to three keys you want to use all the time.

That's actually a pretty good idea ;)
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I asked GGG about whether a macro that did different actions, but only one per button click, would be OK. They replied that it was not OK since the macro does more than one action - even though it only does one at a time. So I guess that mouse wheel macro is against the ToS.

Here is the relevant quote:

"
Brian wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Hi GGG!

Greetings,

Full email below in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Greetings,

Hope this helps! If there's anything else at all we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Brian

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 10:16 AM, <dudiobugtron> wrote:

Hi GGG!

Obviously I don't want to do anything wrong, so I thought I should check with you about whether these macros would be OK.

- A macro which use a random flask each time you press the button.

- A macro which uses only one skill, but picks which skill to use depending on your (client-side) mouse curse location. (eg: if the mouse cursor is near the edge of the screen then use firestorm, otherwise use flameblast.)

- A macro which uses a skill based on what (client-side) actions you have done recently.
EG: if you are holding down shift, use lightning strike, otherwise use whirling blades.
EG: If you haven't pressed the button a lot recently, use fire trap, otherwise use fire nova mine.)

- A macro which performs only one action, but performs a different action each time you press the button. (eg: press it 3 times to use 3 different flasks. Or, press it to get a different skill for Elemental Equilibrium.)

- A macro which changes what another macro does. (eg: you use macro A to attack with sunder, but then you come to a boss fight so you press macro B (which performs no server-side action), so that pressing macro A now uses static strike instead. Then press macro B again after the boss dies, and go back to using sunder with macro A.)

Thanks!
dudiobugtron

Guess we should see a pretty big ban-wave coming up soon :)
As if they would be able to tell if you did do this lol
It would just look like you hit all 3 keys at once

.... just sayin
There's nothing on the server side that can detect a 'macro'. I can set my mouse up to perform any action with any amount of time between them and the server would never know.

Even in tournament play a user could program their mouse for those functions and the judges would never notice unless they took the player's seat and examined their mouse profile.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
There's nothing on the server side that can detect a 'macro'. I can set my mouse up to perform any action with any amount of time between them and the server would never know.

Even in tournament play a user could program their mouse for those functions and the judges would never notice unless they took the player's seat and examined their mouse profile.

They don't need to prove you have a macro... only have sufficient samples of you doing exactly the same sequence in exactly the same timing many times. They have that record, and they have programs running that will alert them if they detect it. Macro users have been banned in the past. So "there's nothing" doesn't hold water.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:

They don't need to prove you have a macro... only have sufficient samples of you doing exactly the same sequence in exactly the same timing many times. They have that record, and they have programs running that will alert them if they detect it. Macro users have been banned in the past. So "there's nothing" doesn't hold water.
shags, please... do you really believe they record all key presses of all players with millisecond precision?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
They have "tools" that do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info