[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

I am sure this has been answered somewhere, but 200+ pages, ugh.

Why the different low vs high budget skill trees? I have looked at both, and honestly, prefer the high budget skill tree, even though I am planning to go low budget. The blood magic is just so appealing. But, I feel like I may be missing something as to why the low budget build is better for low budget gear.

Edit: I also find it odd that the high budget takes blood magic, but also has the shield that gives blood magic. Maybe for the abilities after it?

Thanks!
Last edited by Archetype90 on Aug 26, 2017, 12:44:20 PM
"
Archetype90 wrote:

Why the different low vs high budget skill trees? I have looked at both, and honestly, prefer the high budget skill tree, even though I am planning to go low budget. The blood magic is just so appealing. But, I feel like I may be missing something as to why the low budget build is better for low budget gear.

Edit: I also find it odd that the high budget takes blood magic, but also has the shield that gives blood magic. Maybe for the abilities after it?

Thanks!

No auras on the high budget, blood magic variant. This means you need to have high budget gear to offset the DPS loss from no longer running HoA and Hatred. A 3rd totem is the ideal way to offset the loss of auras, but the shield is the single highest budget item.
"
Archetype90 wrote:

Thanks!

High budget gets DPS from the shield, so can get away with not using auras. Low budget needs hatred + HoA, which means blood magic isn't an option. High budget takes the blood magic node because there's high density life nodes behind it that there's no reason not to take if you're blood magic anyway.

Blood magic is actually a huge downside for this build. Once you get your first Lab done, you can instantly replenish 25% of your mana every 2 seconds with enduring cry. Mana is literally never an issue again. Blood magic does nothing but take a ton of DPS away by making it impossible to run auras. It could only possibly be worth it with the shield's extra totem, and that is debatable (keeping 3 totems up is a lot harder to do than 2, which loses you a lot of practical DPS at the expense of higher theoretical DPS).
Last edited by Green9090 on Aug 26, 2017, 1:15:31 PM
Are endurance charges that important that I should take 3 skill points to get +1 instead of using those 3 points to get +15% life?
"
Green9090 wrote:
"
Archetype90 wrote:

Thanks!

High budget gets DPS from the shield, so can get away with not using auras. Low budget needs hatred + HoA, which means blood magic isn't an option. High budget takes the blood magic node because there's high density life nodes behind it that there's no reason not to take if you're blood magic anyway.

Blood magic is actually a huge downside for this build. Once you get your first Lab done, you can instantly replenish 25% of your mana every 2 seconds with enduring cry. Mana is literally never an issue again. Blood magic does nothing but take a ton of DPS away by making it impossible to run auras. It could only possibly be worth it with the shield's extra totem, and that is debatable (keeping 3 totems up is a lot harder to do than 2, which loses you a lot of practical DPS at the expense of higher theoretical DPS).

Oh gosh, thanks for the great reply. I haven't played in a year or so, and it completely slipped my mind that Blood Magic would apply to auras as well, derp. It seemed like one of the biggest differences in the build. Although I completely agree with you - I am not entirely sure that it is worth the cost of two auras. Although I am very far away from having to figure out if that is worth it :)

Thanks again.
"
xythian wrote:
"
Archetype90 wrote:

Thanks!

No auras on the high budget, blood magic variant. This means you need to have high budget gear to offset the DPS loss from no longer running HoA and Hatred. A 3rd totem is the ideal way to offset the loss of auras, but the shield is the single highest budget item.

Thank you!
"
droodic wrote:
Are endurance charges that important that I should take 3 skill points to get +1 instead of using those 3 points to get +15% life?

Endurance charges are very very good, especially after getting that little node by Marauder that's +0.2% regen per endurance charge instead of + charge duration. Personally if you want more life I'd temporarily ditch some DPS, like from the shield wheel. This build has too much damage to matter for most content that you'll want to do before level 90 or so anyway.
Where TF do u get these sweet 7%hp/some dmg/res or stats (4 parameters) jewels? I tried to buy some, but only 1 i found on poe.trade yesterday was 150c. Ofc i bought it, but i wanna more. Currency doesn't matter- i have 30ex atm, but they are simply nowhere. Any advice for getting them?
Last edited by PuglyGuy on Aug 26, 2017, 3:31:51 PM
"
PuglyGuy wrote:
Where TF do u get these sweet 7%hp/some dmg/res or stats (4 parameters) jewels? I tried to buy some, but only 1 i found on poe.trade yesterday was 150c. Ofc i bought it, but i wanna more. Currency doesn't matter- i have 30ex atm, but they are simply nowhere. Any advice for getting them?

Grab those 2xdps+life and slam you exalts on them :) Very risky but can be profitable too :)
"
Elua wrote:
"
PuglyGuy wrote:

Grab those 2xdps+life and slam you exalts on them :) Very risky but can be profitable too :)

Thanks bruh, i'm still new here and don't know how to get not just a good gear on poe.trade, but perfect. I will try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info