[2.3] 2MIL DPS (4MIL in theory) JUGGERNAUT New Era of COC DISCHARGE (Uber Atziri/ Core Deathless)

your charge generation rate is:
-20% EC per cyclone cast (assuming you keep recasting cyclone)
-68%*54% = 36.7% PC per hit, cyclone hits twice so it should be ~60% per spin.

with 4 APS, this multiply your proc chance above but i'm lazy to calculate.

Now what about going RT+Romira's Banquet ? Each hit would proc PC and therefore full stack of EC after the first discharge.

I wonder which one between crit+lower proc rate versus non-crit and 100% proc rate is more dps?

This would allow you to have better gear and save points in tree for utility or flat damage increase.
"
stexnex wrote:
you should try to place a Ancestral Protector while boss fight. it gives you a lot AS.

Actually I did some times in Uber double Vaal fight, and ya, it gave me many AS boost. I replaced the cwdt gem for Ancestral Protector in that case cause I didnt even need cwdt-ic combo in vaal fight. And ya, it gave A HUGE AS boost. Thanks for helping me pointing this out.
"
reliq wrote:

Now what about going RT+Romira's Banquet ? Each hit would proc PC and therefore full stack of EC after the first discharge.

I wonder which one between crit+lower proc rate versus non-crit and 100% proc rate is more dps?

This would allow you to have better gear and save points in tree for utility or flat damage increase.

First of all, its not quite accurate to calculate dps by calculating the power charge proc rate. We should focus on discharge proc rate.

We're using diamond flask. According to the "lucky formula", my 68% crit chance will be boosted up to 90% with diamond flask up. BTW, my discharge crit also boosted up from 55% to 80%. So this flask gives me too much benefit to give up.

PCOC is 54%, CoC is 70%. In most cases,
If I trigger PCoC, I'v alrdy triggered CoC.
If I trigger CoC, I might not trigger PCoC yet.
So the lower bound of my discharge Proc rate is 90% * 54% = 48.6%. (Note that my discharge can also trigger PCOC, but its too complicated to count it this factor. So is the 20% EC per cyclone cast)

Assuming the "RT+Romira's Banquet" you pointed here is Mjolner RT build.
Well, Mjolner build definitely has FAR FAR less dps than CoC build.
First, Mjolner aps base is 1.15 vs a white royal skean 1.45 aps. Thats literally a 26% DPS diff. Not to mention discharge proc rate of Mjolner is only 30% chance (50% chance for a legacy one). Besides, dps of RT build w/o crit multi is always the way lower than crit one. In addition, We can get spell dmg on dagger but not on mjolner.

Assuming the "RT+Romira's Banquet" you pointed here is some small changes in my build which are
1. I still use CoC
2. I dont use PCoC, instead, I could use another dps support gem.
3. I use romira instead of Kaom's way
In this case, I dont think its worth to do, Cause two Kaom's way is the core unique in this build which provides endurance charges and lots life regen so we can use RF anytime if we want to.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jul 18, 2016, 11:01:43 AM
"
reliq wrote:

First of all, its not quite accurate to calculate dps by calculating the power charge proc rate. We should focus on discharge proc rate.

We're using diamond flask. According to the "lucky formula", my 68% crit chance will be boosted up to 90% with diamond flask up. BTW, my discharge crit also boosted up from 55% to 80%. So this flask gives me too much benefit to give up.

PCOC is 54%, CoC is 70%. In most cases,
If I trigger PCoC, I'v alrdy triggered CoC.
If I trigger CoC, I might not trigger PCoC yet.
So the lower bound of my discharge Proc rate is 90% * 54% = 48.6%. (Note that my discharge can also trigger PCOC, but its too complicated to count it this factor. So is the 20% EC per cyclone cast)

Assuming the "RT+Romira's Banquet" you pointed here is Mjolner RT build.
Well, Mjolner build definitely has FAR FAR less dps than CoC build.
First, Mjolner aps base is 1.15 vs a white royal skean 1.45 aps. Thats literally a 26% DPS diff. Not to mention discharge proc rate of Mjolner is only 30% chance (50% chance for a legacy one). Besides, dps of RT build w/o crit multi is always the way lower than crit one. In addition, We can get spell dmg on dagger but not on mjolner.

Assuming the "RT+Romira's Banquet" you pointed here is some small changes in my build which are
1. I still use CoC
2. I dont use PCoC, instead, I could use another dps support gem.
3. I use romira instead of Kaom's way
In this case, I dont think its worth to do, Cause two Kaom's way is the core unique in this build which provides endurance charges and lots life regen so we can use RF anytime if we want to.[/quote]

My calculation is based on both EC generation from ascendency and PC generation that goes with voll's devotion. I didn't account for the lucky flask though.

Also yes i assumed no mjolner but CoC with RT+romira

The most downside is probably indeed the fact you can't use RF anymore with only one kaom ring ? At least with -res maps.
"
reliq wrote:
My calculation is based on both EC generation from ascendency and PC generation that goes with voll's devotion. I didn't account for the lucky flask though.

Also yes i assumed no mjolner but CoC with RT+romira

The most downside is probably indeed the fact you can't use RF anymore with only one kaom ring ? At least with -res maps.

No we cant use RF with only one kaom's way unless we invest more on tree which is not efficient.
Hi, I'm currently lvl87, didn't invest life node yet, 3k4 hp. My Voll Devotion have lvl 15 PoF so I was make some change in gem slot to fit my play style, seem fun and easy to play for me with no worry about mana and plus Herald of Thunder.

All my jew have All Elem Res with some 1H/dual wielding attack spd or crit chance.

IGN: Feniksa
Last edited by DkCf on Jul 21, 2016, 9:56:07 AM
"
DkCf wrote:
Hi, I'm currently lvl87, didn't invest life node yet, 3k4 hp. My Voll Devotion have lvl 15 PoF so I was make some change in gem slot to fit my play style, seem fun and easy to play for me with no worry about mana and plus Herald of Thunder.

All my jew have All Elem Res with some 1H/dual wielding attack spd or crit chance.

In my honest opinion, its not good to use both romira and pcoc at the same time, because pcoc will gain a power charge when you crit strike but romira will consume all ur power charges when u crit strike. They're like anti-synergy.
If you stick with using romira, then u should drop pcoc for another good support gem or a spell.
If you choose to use pcoc, then u should drop romira for another kaom's way.

I'd prefer to use pcoc and 2 kaom's way so that I can have lots life regen and I can use RF anytime if I want to.

Herald of thunder + coh + warlord mark looks like not necessary to me. Can I ask whats the reason to use the combo? cause it makes u have (nearly) 100% reserved mana but it doesnt help a lot in this build. I suggest you to try to drop it for some runs to see if its rly necessary.

Another thing is, dual vagan daggers will be much much better for Proc Rate, because each of your weapon hits once per cyclone spin. That means you hardly can proc discharger with soul taker (that literally cut half of ur proc rate), because you have very low accuracy and crit chance with it. (Note that "hit cant be evaded" mod is local but not global, so you still need accuracy to hit mobs with soul taker) I do understand that you use soul taker because of herald of thunder. But it looks like you sacrifice too much things for herald thunder.

Last, in Clearing map, we shouldnt have mana cost issue with Poacher's Mark curse aura, cause it provides us 13 mana gain on hit.
In long duration boss fight, we can take off poacher's mark aura, and somehow rely on mana leech enchantment on boots (bring a mana flask if its rly necessary).

Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jul 21, 2016, 12:53:36 PM
Oh my bad didn't remember that pcoc and Romira can't be use together... I'll use another Kaom's Way, and change Warlord mark to Assasin mark (for some more crit chance),and can easyly swap to Enfeeble or Flammability when needed :)
I have a bad Voll's Devotion with PoF, but I don't have much currency left to buy another 8 div cards so I'm still thinking the best way for me to use it.
My gem setup was exactly as you using, but with Enlighten lvl3, I had a hard time with mana pool and no-regen mod so Soul Taker look not bad. And Herald of Thunder is fun too, with the effect after kill like lighting storm, auto target urns, lol.
I'll change all back after hit lvl 90 and start do t14-15 map.
Tyvm for your opinion, bro. This really a good build. (except thinking about this build cost me around 50 exa make me have a bit hurt... I'm still saving more for two good daggers, lol)
"
DkCf wrote:
Oh my bad didn't remember that pcoc and Romira can't be use together... I'll use another Kaom's Way, and change Warlord mark to Assasin mark (for some more crit chance),and can easyly swap to Enfeeble or Flammability when needed :)
I have a bad Voll's Devotion with PoF, but I don't have much currency left to buy another 8 div cards so I'm still thinking the best way for me to use it.
My gem setup was exactly as you using, but with Enlighten lvl3, I had a hard time with mana pool and no-regen mod so Soul Taker look not bad. And Herald of Thunder is fun too, with the effect after kill like lighting storm, auto target urns, lol.
I'll change all back after hit lvl 90 and start do t14-15 map.
Tyvm for your opinion, bro. This really a good build. (except thinking about this build cost me around 50 exa make me have a bit hurt... I'm still saving more for two good daggers, lol)

The other reason I dont like herald of thunder is, it will add lightning damage to my attack which means the mobs you hit will increased 25% lightning resistance (They're supposed to be decreased 50% lightning res with herald of ice) after you trigger EE. I know it's not a big deal because we only have 1~3 power charges. But considering the auto hit - curse on hit combo from herald of thunder isnt that helpful in this build, I would prefer not to use it. I know its fun, but well, the tradeoff looks bad.

I tested two setup, I have 1110ish total mana,
1. I will have 165 unreserved mana If I use lv4 enlighten with purity of fire, 1 curse aura, and no enlighten with herald of ice.
2. I will have 120ish unreserved mana If I use lv3 enlighten with purity of fire, 1 curse aura, and no enlighten with herald of ice.

"

The other reason I dont like herald of thunder is, it will add lightning damage to my attack which means the mobs you hit will increased 25% lightning resistance (They're supposed to be decreased 50% lightning res with herald of ice) after you trigger EE. I know it's not a big deal because we only have 1~3 power charges. But considering the auto hit - curse on hit combo from herald of thunder isnt that helpful in this build, I would prefer not to use it. I know its fun, but well, the tradeoff looks bad.

I tested two setup, I have 1110ish total mana,
1. I will have 165 unreserved mana If I use lv4 enlighten with purity of fire, 1 curse aura, and no enlighten with herald of ice.
2. I will have 120ish unreserved mana If I use lv3 enlighten with purity of fire, 1 curse aura, and no enlighten with herald of ice.

I've changed all gem setup as you told me, but sacrificing atk spd for some more crit change with two cheap Golden Kris. Really better than yesterday lol.

Will change red slot on +2 ligh gem crit to Faster casting or place totem gem there :)
Does the Enchant on my helm look good? I'm having Flammability 21/20 from my old char. Still need +1 endu belt :)
Last edited by DkCf on Jul 22, 2016, 4:18:20 AM
Seems like good build.

Just wounder - all yours trees walk near Mind over Matter and you have 50% of mana unreserved. Is this possible to incorporate MoM in this build?

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info