My HC friends vanished :_;

"
Siochan wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:
...league is deserted after 1 month new low that's for sure

Just think if they made this league more engaging and fun or came up with better content then dumping all of that dev time into the pos lab, and then more into the pos lab, and then even more into the pos lab :/

Ye the Prophecy system is so half baked of an idea. Beautiful concept, shitty implementation.

Really hard to get excited when I gotta listen to Navali tell me so many times about the Rats or Insects I'm going to encounter and cycle through zones to get rid of them. Boring as fuck. I just want Pale Council keys goddamnit.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

I leveled 4 characters in perandus league alone.

Same I just couldn't stop during perandus.
I only trade for the necessity of making my character efficient "enough" for mapping.
Able to find decent build enabling uniques (which I plan my next character around) is great especially when I dont have to pay some dude 2ex for an adyssus or a fucking rats nest.

I leveled 4 characters total on perandus... Lv92, 91, 90 and 88 when the league ended.
Also loaded up many old league specific build enabling uniques that I missed while doing it.
It's also cooler to get cool uniques by myself than trading.

But then again PoE Elite Pros complained that they cant sell their Lv32 uniques for 3 exalts anymore and GGG caters to them by giving us this stereotypical uber grinding league with extra douse of repetitiveness as well as cool ass backtracking, like all the elite pros wanted.

I do however like Pale Court tho, it's great to get really powerful items at reasonable effort (4x prophecy chains) and RNG (25% chance for the bow).

I play quite a bit more than most people I'd say, but then I couldnt get myself to start a 3rd character... trying really hard rightnow to get myself into doing it in order to extend my "ingame life" a bit in this league.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 29, 2016, 3:06:47 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
blackstar wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Why would anyone play Mario with one life? :)
1ex :17c in phc... The very definition of VERY DED

It is not because of that, hc ist still crowded.
There is just no use for 90% of the playerbase to use an exalt.
Even more in a new temp league where good gear at start is very very rare.
Ppl realized that now and just go straight for chaos, since they can make a lot of use of em atm.

Also mapping become even more a chaos sink now..

And that's why exalts are 70 chaos in PSC, right?

Dude as you said: SC
c:ex was always complete nonsense there, so ppl need big orbs to compensate.
PPl there play a lot more head and reckless, that's why markets are instant destroyed.
Everyone can do everything because they do not need to fear the rip. That has big impacts on the markets.
Well and this does not count for HC.

I would say the average hc player has a lot more game and market knowledge than the average sc player, because they need to prepare and know their game, that is also a big reason.

Players like me don't have any use for an exalt maybe until late league or yolo jewel exalting.
I have now far more then 1000 chaos stashed and i do not take any exalt since the first days. Because exalt is not that special anymore with all the changes in the game and the mastercrafting/vaaling/enchanting.
The only thing i am exalting are jewels, since they got so crappy low i do not care at all about exa anymore.

Chaos:ex ratio started already on day 2 and it has not that much to do with the playerbase, since it was very strong then. I am playing it and as far as i can say it is still crowded.
Last edited by blackstar on Jun 29, 2016, 4:07:07 AM
Its simple really, there are no bots in HC. Because bots rip, a lot. SC market is saturated by currency farmers botting, as well as many other factors. But the main one, botting.
"
thevdende wrote:
Its simple really, there are no bots in HC. Because bots rip, a lot. SC market is saturated by currency farmers botting, as well as many other factors. But the main one, botting.

There are no bots or buddy's in poe you my friend are a liar ggg does a great job deleting all bot related posts ...no posts = no bots easy logic
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 29, 2016, 4:32:26 AM
"
thevdende wrote:

[Removed by Support]

I'm willing to assume there are no bots, or maybe just a few, simply because this is probably the least-played temp league in history. I'm also assuming HC players are generally less willing to pay cash for currency since there's a high chance of losing their gear - and this chance is even higher with the game's current state (freezes, crashes and uber lab).
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Brittany_GGG on Jun 29, 2016, 6:05:16 AM
Its easier to complete challenge in sc, and lab is exponentially more stressful in hc.

More people might play hc if the reward is different from sc...

Prophecy quests are tedious and boring as well.

Some people would rather not play the game than play sc.

We will find out if people hate the lab soon enough. When there are major changes to lab, you will have your answer.

I too find it silly to have a character rip to trap or unseen blade saw.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
ventiman wrote:
After each server crash the queue gives you an idea how many ppl play at the moment

those numbers are so low that ggg would have closed doors long ago if you were right.
Spoiler

if ggg rented a rack in a datacentre there are several blade servers per rack with every server hosting maybe several hundred game instances.

if one server dies it needs to be restarted and disconnected players get redirected to other servers or have to wait for the restarted server to work again.

so the number shown is most likely the player overdraft rather than the total amount.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 29, 2016, 12:26:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info