Game Mechanics - Questions and Answers

Thanks for Q&A.
Would be nice to see such an 'Ask a programmer/designer anything mechanic related' more often.
(So that I could write down all Question's I'm worring about while testing new stuff in a League ;-) )
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
Here's a question:
When will you fix your crappy unoptimised game?
"
Does Flask effectiveness increase the 2% life leech from Chaos Damage on Atziri's Promise, the Onslaught from Silver Flask or the Increased Critical Strike Chance from Diamond Flask?

As above - yes, except for Onslaught, which is not a numerical property, but a boolean state. A character either does or does not have Onslaught, and 20% increased "having Onslaught" is still having it.

The question said Diamond Flask increases crit chance, and he didn't correct him o.O

Diamond flask does no such thing. As he explained above, it just rolls twice instead of once, the "increase" is caused by laws of probability and nature in general, not the flask.

I guess he missed it.
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Spoiler
"
I'm deciding on the ranger class, using a Drillneck for the pierce bonus damage. But the problem is that I'm unsure if the Ranger Deadeye passive interacts with Drillneck.

It does.

- is it dynamic? Such as reducing total damage as the projectile travels and loses pierce chance?

Of course. The projectile loses pierce chance, so anything calculated based on that pierce chance also changes.

Wait wait wait! So basically pierce for bow skills is just outright pointless? What's the purpose in using pierce if there's no pierce chance when you simply fire at an enemy??

Am I to understand that pierce is better off / only function is with melee attacks then?

They're talking about the Deadeye's "Powerful Precision" Ascendancy notable which gives you 100% additional pierce chance at point blank range and decreases the further away the projectile goes. If you have permanent Pierce chance from other sources, those don't decrease.
Doomfletch or Doomflech Prism bows (Gain 110% added...) is local, right? Doesnt work for spell you cast?
Last edited by Kazhw on Jun 28, 2016, 2:47:30 PM
"
Kazhw wrote:
Doomfletch or Doomflech Prism bows (Gain 110% added...) is local, right? Doesnt work for spell you cast?

It's not local. It does only work with Bow Physical Damage, however, and Spells don't deal Bow Damage. :P Local in practical terms, I suppose.
"
sdfesdfe wrote:
"
Does Flask effectiveness increase the 2% life leech from Chaos Damage on Atziri's Promise, the Onslaught from Silver Flask or the Increased Critical Strike Chance from Diamond Flask?

As above - yes, except for Onslaught, which is not a numerical property, but a boolean state. A character either does or does not have Onslaught, and 20% increased "having Onslaught" is still having it.

The question said Diamond Flask increases crit chance, and he didn't correct him o.O

Diamond flask does no such thing. As he explained above, it just rolls twice instead of once, the "increase" is caused by laws of probability and nature in general, not the flask.

I guess he missed it.

Man, I sure would like some Increased Luck. Maybe with maximum flask effectivness, a diamond flask will help me chance a skyforth!
As far as that first question, it is my understanding that certain on-hit/kill effects will be made able to work with non-player entities (totem/traps/minions/mines) in the near future, according to Rhys.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
When Contagion spreads Essence Drain, is the degen order maintained or somehow changed? For a specific example - I cast Contagion linked with Item Rarity on a group of monsters, then cast Essence Drain on one of them and they all die from Contagion spreading ED. Will Item Rarity affect them all?

First Contagion is added to the monsters, then Essence Drain. If they were not already under the effect of debuffs, contagion will be the "first" debuff on them, until that contagion runs out.

---------

Does this mean that item rarity linked to contagion works or do we need to link it to essence drain?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 28, 2016, 4:03:55 PM
nice, I hope this helps some new players
Bad Seed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info