2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
Chris wrote:

We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal.

I completely agree with this statement however I feel the current grind isnt really as hard as it is tedious. For top tier players who push for 100 the race is all about who can spend the most amount of time in front of their computer. I hope that in the future as higher level maps and areas are introduced to the game that things become more challenging and less tedious.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal.

I completely agree with this statement however I feel the current grind isnt really as hard as it is tedious. For top tier players who push for 100 the race is all about who can spend the most amount of time in front of their computer. I hope that in the future as higher level maps and areas are introduced to the game that things become more challenging and less tedious.

Yup. Grinding Canyon/Gorge/Plat/Springs does NOT equal a "harder grind".
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Finally o/. Thanks for sharing the info, even if imo it'd have been better to know that at the release of the 2.3. But hey, better late than never i guess :p.

I've updated my little Penalties calculator accordingly.
Last edited by Harest on Jun 28, 2016, 11:21:16 AM
"
Norsferatu wrote:
Worst change ever

Exactly. If they wanted to change this, they should also buff map drops to somehow make up for it.

I died like 10x at level 88 (9/10 due to lag/desyncs) and it took me forever to hit 89 on T7-T8 and the occasional T9. I had to buy 7-8 canyons to get like 3%xp from each of em ( alch and go or chisel - alch and go ).

Many builds require level 90-91 to be or feel complete, the grind is way too much now.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
"
Javahulk wrote:
guys really...... these changes are all upside down. The lower teir maps needed to get the shaft and the hi teir maps needed to be untouched. Instead you nerfed the highest teir more than the junk maps...

look at more than just total time to level 100 please... the game isn't actually fun anymore

this. it's not too late to fix it before next league..
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:26:41 PM
"
Life2v wrote:
So, GGG did you see here at least one person happy with this "strange" change ? Thta the point run etc to buy red maps ? They are boring, bad layouts and dont rewarding at all.

And you decreased T9 maps drop? Coz in this lygue i cant sustaine them at all - bought +35 maps T9 and with after all i must to buy again ....
Perandus lygue i was lvl 100, this lygue - 90lv and im done. No fun at all.

A few white knights have come to back the decision.

Then I go to their profile and they have a non-ascended Level 85.

ROFL
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:26:57 PM
Why not implement a change where map tiers no longer give experience if you're vastly over the tier level.

For example:
Level 93+ character only gain experience from map tiers 10+.
Level 95+ character only gain experience from map tiers 11+.
etc etc....

Of course GGG would need to increase drop rates of those maps. Maybe make a new currency to trade with Zana where she'll spawn a map appropriate for the characters level or something like that.
The only challenging thing about this grind is not quitting the game sooner.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info