2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
Noooberino wrote:
"
vio wrote:
doesn't stop people from complaining though, all they want is unlimited access to red maps and top tier drops. and they won't stop until they got that.

Seriously? Maybe it's just because it's tedious as fuck to constantly run T9-T11 maps with your lvl96+ character?

it's your choice, either boring grind to get xp or exciting high level content.

also:

"
Chris wrote:
Something I can't say in the manifesto post is that we have a lot of very interesting work underway on the endgame at the moment. This is the expansion we've worked on that excites me the most.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 28, 2016, 6:35:45 AM
I want to quote someone from reddit, because I think his statement is so fucking true:

"
You have to start valuing players' time more.

Nuff said. (lol, reddit got hacked)
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Last edited by Noooberino on Jun 28, 2016, 7:12:24 AM
"
Zed_ wrote:
Slow leveling is not the problem. The problem is there is no point running 81+ maps. All of them have bad layouts compared to Gorge/Plateau. Which has a bigger impact at this point than the minuscule differences in effective monster level.

Also every single yellow map that is not a Canyon/Arid/Gorge/Plateau goes into the trash bin immediately. Vendoring Crematoriums feels pretty bad. They're not good enough even as a source for more Plateaus.

"
Zed_ wrote:

Also every single yellow map that is not a Canyon/Arid/Gorge/Plateau goes into the trash bin immediately.

choices ... applicable for 50 people? 100?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 28, 2016, 7:26:44 AM
So, GGG did you see here at least one person happy with this "strange" change ? Thta the point run etc to buy red maps ? They are boring, bad layouts and dont rewarding at all.

And you decreased T9 maps drop? Coz in this lygue i cant sustaine them at all - bought +35 maps T9 and with after all i must to buy again ....
Perandus lygue i was lvl 100, this lygue - 90lv and im done. No fun at all.
Last edited by Life2v on Jun 28, 2016, 7:53:50 AM
"
Chris wrote:

We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal.

No we don't. You THINK we do, but a lot of us don't.
Honestly, the sheer arrogance of your presumption is not acceptable.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Jun 28, 2016, 8:06:33 AM
"
Chris wrote:
We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal.

I'm gonna need a source for that information? Was your study peer-reviewed? I'm guessing this was more of a pull-it-out-of-our-asses situation.
I don't know what's going on, but it seems a lot of people feel entitle to level 95+. I've not seen any other game where getting to the highest point of a character was "easy". Most MMORPGS require a ton of grinding to get the best/better gear once you get to end game.

I am personally satisfied with the way the experience is right now. Just playing the game casually got me to lvl 91 on my self made character and frankly, I wouldn't have even noticed the exp rate was nerfed until I saw all the whining and complaining. I am in the boat of folks that believe level 95+ should be very hard to get and require a lot of grind.

While I agree the "speed mapping" meta isn't great, it IS a personal choice that players make and it exists in all games. There will always be a group of people or a mindset on trying to get through content the fastest way possible. I don't see why being the "best" should be given to everyone equally, as opposed to those who seek it out. If a player wants to get the best xp/min, why should they be criticized for not doing the "hardest" content? If a player seeks security in leveling, as opposed to risking death (which is big in higher levels), why is running t8-t10 "bad" for going to level 100?

I think what's going on is people are feeling entitled to get the best of the game through barely any effort, and it's making them blind to any logic or sense.
"
vio wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:

Also every single yellow map that is not a Canyon/Arid/Gorge/Plateau goes into the trash bin immediately.

choices ... applicable for 50 people? 100?

This is a trading game, so applies to everyone.
Lvl 76 Gorge map 4c. Lvl 78 Crematorium map 2.5c.

That's just supply and demand. It doesn't reduce the value of maps for everyone else who isn't just doing speed runs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info