2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

In the future, we'll release content that has a higher monster level than level 84. This would make the race to 100 even faster. We'll probably apply experience penalties directly to the upper levels themselves rather than continuing to drop the effective area levels for experience.

Sorry, you are already mistaken. This should've been done 2 exp nerfs back when you implemented red maps. It feels sadder to play every league, regarding xp.

"Give us ways to level faster and enjoy the game" (perandus, ascendancies, new skills) -- nerf xp. You end up creating hordes of unsatisfied players, you know?

Lemme put this another way -- adjust game rate by top streamers = create a game only to top streamers. You are expelling the average joe.
yee bullshit change. this change alone makes me want to quit the game. and why the fuck is this posted on redit before on the main site news?
Personally, I think the smart thing to do would be to make the harder maps more rewarding, while making the weaker maps give less exp as you outlevel them. As in, a level 80+ character would get almost nothing doing a level 72 map, but a level 73ish character should still get as much as he used to.
It seems like you'd have been better off to make the experience rewards greater for the higher tier maps compared to the yellow ones, and just made the experience curve taller towards level 100.

I mean, it won't effect me much except that I'll be even more likely to just stick to the yellow maps rather than try red maps, since not only are they more dangerous, but I'll also be receiving less experience.

Edit: Oh wait, better idea. Make the lower end of the experience penalty range closer to the player's level at higher levels.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jun 28, 2016, 3:23:11 AM
Wow, what a lazy fix... actually running red maps is really pointless now. Beside the masses of currency you have to burn to sustain a higher map pool it's just plain pointless now. Am I the only one that thinks this is totally stupid? With such XP distribution there is absolutely no point for such low map-droprates anymore.
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
"
Noooberino wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks this is totally stupid? With such XP distribution there is absolutely no point for such low map-droprates anymore.

A lot of people do, and this was voiced prior to the actual change going live.

Ignored, however.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
I don't want to sound rude, but for this quote:

"
Chris wrote:
We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal. The harder grind also more clearly signals to players who like building alternate characters roughly when to reroll.

How, exactly, do you "find" supporting information such as this?

How do you define "harder" grind?

Mindless spamming Canyon/Gorge/Plat is not a "harder" grind. Should be rephrased to "longer" instead, in my opinion, and those two definitions are very, VERY different. I think you're confusing "drooling and spamming Whirling Blades and doing low maps 24/7 on stream" with "roll Red Maps with 30%+ Pack Size" in this case.

I am disappointed that with this change, it wasn't accompanied by some compensation for map drops. Also the absolute irony in admitting that with patch changes, characters get stronger, but you want to relegate these character to low Red Maps or Yellow Maps. That doesn't make any sense from a game design standpoint at all. I really think this change should have come with the adjustments to end game that are coming next patch, not this one.

Let's be honest, coordinated groups have figured out your game. Whether it's people taking advantage of the Trade API for better deals, Uber Lords, or 24/7 players with Aurabots and slaves to preroll maps/channel currency (or all of the above), what the top 1% does shouldn't fuck over the rest of the player base.

From a business standpoint you obviously cannot share everything here, but for fuck sake I would sign an NDA just to be able to talk to you about this. How could this have been a good idea?

/signed

i can't read that "we've found" or "we learnt" anymore! also because GGG repeatedly showed that is NOT the case!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Achilion wrote:
#makeFrogsGreatAgain

I spoke to the art team. While they won't be gigantic, they and some other pets will probably be increased in size. I can't promise a timeline on this, but maybe soon.

Speaking of this.

Is it just me, or did rats get bigger? (rats run around Lab and Crematorium, etc)
Casually casual.

GGG:the correct solution to all your problems is simply to raise the level cap to level 200 or maybe infinite amount of levels
this wouldnt pose any problems since each league only lasts 3 months anyway
and there is only so much xp you can get each day.. nobodys gonna reach level 300 for sure

why would you even consider monsters and maps that are greater than area level 84? just leave it as it is already, i don't want you to screw things up even more. with the current rate, those maps aren't gonna make much of a difference and not to mention the cost of each map can buy you more yellow maps that actually gives you more exp per currency / hour.

just stop screwing non-streamers already.
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info