2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
silumit wrote:
"
sniplol wrote:
Oh yes they will balance for the 1%, these 1% are the peoples spending more money in supporter pack than 50% of the other player..
are you sure it is these 1%, not another one? on what basis do you make such assumption?

From his ass, nowhere else he could get his assumption.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
This game should be renamed to Path of getting nowhere (fast). I gave it a try with the xp nerf and Honestly, I can not take the frustration of leveling. I will not create other characters just to have the same frustrating experience over again. Basing your decision on the No-lifers in any game is a bad move. You actually punish the majority of your players and sooner or later will lose them.

Many people say " You don't need to get 100" and I say you are right but I would like a fair try at it. I chose builds I will play and hope to lv to lv 100. That means I stick with the character and will lv it and enjoy it and be happy to get somewhere.... see some progress. This xp nerf killed that enjoyment. Since I have rl things to do, I am punished for what reason now? I am calling BS. What makes it even worse, the time I do have to play is wasted when I die to dc. That shit is getting old and it is not fair to a lot of us.

Please GGG revert the exp nerf. I really do love the game but right now it is not worth it for me to play.
"
Ladylunar wrote:
This game should be renamed to Path of getting nowhere (fast). I gave it a try with the xp nerf and Honestly, I can not take the frustration of leveling. I will not create other characters just to have the same frustrating experience over again. Basing your decision on the No-lifers in any game is a bad move. You actually punish the majority of your players and sooner or later will lose them.

Many people say " You don't need to get 100" and I say you are right but I would like a fair try at it. I chose builds I will play and hope to lv to lv 100. That means I stick with the character and will lv it and enjoy it and be happy to get somewhere.... see some progress. This xp nerf killed that enjoyment. Since I have rl things to do, I am punished for what reason now? I am calling BS. What makes it even worse, the time I do have to play is wasted when I die to dc. That shit is getting old and it is not fair to a lot of us.

Please GGG revert the exp nerf. I really do love the game but right now it is not worth it for me to play.

Agree, but its GGG, they never listen normal people, so no chance they would re-thing it. GGG want game to more trading and economy simulator then it now.
I got to page 11 or so and then I said I can't take it anymore.
"
Darkkrows wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We want to strike a good balance between rewarding progression and a race to 100 that isn't over in ten days each league.
Then you guys should implement Exp fatigue system. The faster the exp a player gain, the more exp penalty he will receive.(and you balance this system around the top players) They still can race within the fatigue system, exp bar still move just slower.

quite a number of MMO implement this trick to stop the no-lifer from leveling 1 character too quick & this system does not punish the more casual players who do not have 14-16hours a day to play the game but still wanted to go max level & have some progression.

This had to be the most interesting suggestion I've heard in awhile. I just wonder if it would work the way it was intended to. You don't really want to punish people for playing too much as it is almost as bad as punishing the people actually pushing for level 100 casually. Why do I say that? How many people push past level 90? Not many, and I think that is perfectly fine since hitting level 100 is more about bragging rights than build functionality. I mean in the time it takes to get to level 95, you can make a few level 90 characters, which I think people generally find more entertaining.
"
Chris wrote:
We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal.

Don't know which player's you're talking to, but #NotMe. I'd love to get to max level but the increased grind has only really served to reduce the incentive for me to play. It might be the case that I'm just bad at your game, which is why I haven't managed to get any of my characters past level 95 yet, even after a long time of playing, but given that what I really want to do is get my characters to max level, the increased grind has really discouraged me from playing as much as I used to, more than anything else. I've had to find other incentives to keep myself interested.

The expense of sustaining maps beyond T9 is so silly that I just don't bother with logging in to use my maps all that much any more. If I want to level a character I log only to do my Zana daily, and then I run my Tora daily and my Vorici daily for a little extra bonus xp in a guaranteed level 76 area (since Zana is sometimes only level 75) and then I log off again.

I used to be super keen on running maps all day long, it took me ages to level because I was dying more often, but I was getting enough xp that it still felt like it was worth while doing it, and maps were easy/cheap enough that it didn't feel like I was throwing away substantial sums of wealth when I used them. As things stand, running a map just costs more than it's worth now, except for Zana's maps because they're free.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Jul 10, 2016, 9:59:24 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
its GGG, they never listen normal people, so no chance they would re-thing it.

If this were true, we'd still have the whole issue with desync. GGG do listen to us, it's just that their ability to communicate the fact that they have listened seems to be a bit sub-par, and that, perhaps due to their size, sometimes it takes them a long time to get around to sorting out the issues that have been raised.
"
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

If this were true, we'd still have the whole issue with desync. GGG do listen to us, it's just that their ability to communicate the fact that they have listened seems to be a bit sub-par, and that, perhaps due to their size, sometimes it takes them a long time to get around to sorting out the issues that have been raised.

But desync was global problem even to that small group, so your point wrong.
Regarding desync, Is it just me? Or does movement skills still cause desync?
"
Regarding desync, Is it just me? Or does movement skills still cause desync?

It's just you. The same quantity of desync occurs movement skill or not, it's just more noticeable with movement skills.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

But desync was global problem even to that small group, so your point wrong.

Oh, I see what you mean by 'normal'. I'd thought that by normal you just meant anyone who wasn't a GGG staff member. Still though, your point about desync being a global problem doesn't show that GGG weren't listening to people within the group you would call 'normal' people. The best you can do from that point is to say that it shows that it is possible that GGG weren't listening to the 'normal' people, while I can still say that whatever else it shows, it certainly does show that there are occasions on which GGG do listen, whoever it is that they listen to.
Dear Chris,

see all those angry comments on that patch? And i must admit i´ve been flaming here too!
And don´t get me wrong, I absolutely admire your work, so forgive me :)

We (at least I) am just not happy with this particular change - and it is one of the few patches where i really say it is over the top. But i thought about it during the last days...i had a hard time grinding on, and i´m still not very happy about it. But - again - hey it´s just the game ! And i am really missing some fun in this discussion. Who are we gamers, not to laugh about stuff like this?

So i decided to start up max & phootshop and respond in my own way with some 5-minute work. I guess you wouldn´t be a game dev if you had no sense for humor Mr.Wilson, right? :-)

(higher res: http://i.imgur.com/bZwxhQo.jpg )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info