2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

There is no point to running hard maps. Risk vs reward is not there.

This. Speedrunning Gorge/plateau gets even more overused. Red maps cannot be sustained, they possess a risk, and are not even close to as rewarding as speedrunning gorge.
Now that Red tier maps are even less rewarding compared to T9 maps, what is the endgame? Shouldn't it be about building a character that can fight succesfully through the hardest content, and be rewarded for doing so?

There could be a level threshold so significant that running gorge at level 95+ would be nowhere near as effective as running T12 and above. This would require the possibility to sustain Red maps. Since they are not any more rewarding in terms of loot/time/cost of the map tier that cannot be sustained, why not just make them drop more often and give players a reason to play the true endgame?

There are alot of good ideas on this thread, but this update is not a healthy way to construct the game further.
Ground Slam, now and forever.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Congrats on steadily pissing off your player base, but this sorry excuse of a development post or whatever BS you want to call it, is the last straw.. will NEVER get a penny of support from me again.

Says the guy with zero support packs.

Also quite a few users here with 35-40 challenges completed speaking as if they are the majority or acting like casual players when in fact they are like 0,01% of player population. In other words the minority.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 29, 2016, 3:37:24 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Congrats on steadily pissing off your player base, but this sorry excuse of a development post or whatever BS you want to call it, is the last straw.. will NEVER get a penny of support from me again.

Says the guy with zero support packs.

Also quite a few users here with 35-40 challenges completed speaking as if they are the majority or acting like casual players when in fact they are like 0,01% of player population. In other words the minority.

not having supporter packs doesnt mean you dont donate and EVEN if it did your argument is just shallow,out of topic

i myself donated around 200 dollars so far but i dont want to buy the products which come with supporter pacs that i dont want so i dont buy supporter packs
● HideYourCurrency
"
Pepsack wrote:
"
Then you guys should implement Exp fatigue system. The faster the exp a player gain, the more exp penalty he will receive.(and you balance this system around the top players) They still can race within the fatigue system, exp bar still move just slower.

quite a number of MMO implement this trick to stop the no-lifer from leveling 1 character too quick & this system does not punish the more casual players who do not have 14-16hours a day to play the game but still wanted to go max level & have some progression.

Also what this guy said. VERY MUCH THIS

I have seen this be effective in many games +1 +1 +1
Life will be technically better Soon TM
This is literally the dumbest possible implementation of this mechanic. You are literally encouraging people to play lower-level maps. I thought the point was to encourage more t15 play, not to simply slow exp to a painful grind for everyone. You do realize that everyone racing to 100 last league was chaining gorge because it was optimal, right? Guess what: now it's even MORE optimal.

Fuck this. Seriously. Optimal leveling is officially slower than pre-2.0. When the mlvl 78 palace was the highest-level content most people actually did grinding on. The fact that the best players can't get to 100 by blazing through Core maps as fast as they could get to 100 by blazing through courtyard maps in 1.3 is ludicrous.

Take a fucking hint from D2. They never penalized mlvl, they penalized exp at higher _player_ levels, explicitly.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 29, 2016, 8:49:07 PM
in the meantime, i'm become rich selling gorge/plateau/springs due to no life people :P

seriously, the worst idea that you had ggg
Don't even feel like playing anymore. I just died to a bullshit disconnect and lost about 4 hours worth of grinding. Ugh.
"
exalition wrote:
This table just shows and confirms why people run high yellow maps instead of reds , only 1.5 level difference between t15(red) and t11(yellow) with allot less risk involved.

Not to mention you cannot find the red ones in the first place.
1 thing i forgot to mention ;
the reason why this thread has 14 pages and not 114 pages is that leveling prenerf was already near impossible for majority of the community,so basicly not much changes for them
they dont care that you made something difficult even more difficult because they werent involved in leveling in the first place since it was already hard enough

what im saying is if this thread was about something that everybody was related to,there would have been much more feedback that says GGG did a terrible job at this
● HideYourCurrency
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

100% right, WTF is GGG doing? 100 was already UBER hard and annoying, now its unreal piss of shit and just RMT fest with only 1-2 builds can afford.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info